Extreme Lag/Stuttering/Fast Forwarding

DomDom999
35 posts Last Pick at the Park
What's going on with this game these past few months, I was a consistent div 3 player but I've dropped to 660 skill points. Every game for me is exactly what I put in the title. I cannot make a pass, tackle or god for bid try to select a player. It's just really crap at the moment and has been for months.

I'm currently running ADSL 2.8mb Download and 0.9mb Upload. Before any of you say well thats why. I've been playing absolutely fine no problems up till about February time. I once finished 97th in weekend league but ever since it's been a complete farce of a game. How can it go from playing fine to this mess for 4 months. My record at the moment is 412-37-699. I'm not even joking when I say I've probably lost 48 in 50 hence the very low skill points. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Anyone give some advice please, up the creek at the moment and definitely not enjoying my experience on FIFA.

Comments

• DomDom999
    Seriously this is a joke now

4-0 quit in 20 minutes
    6-0 quit at 70 minutes

How is everyone even new people who are coming from ea access beating me with their standard gold players romping my entire team who seem to have 1 stat across the board. How is this fair, seems to me it's connection that wins games not the player. Absolutely dog ****!
  • Miigue
    66 posts Park Captain
    Try a LAN cable,
  • SomeLegend
    1148 posts Professional
    DomDom999 wrote: »
    What's going on with this game these past few months, I was a consistent div 3 player but I've dropped to 660 skill points. Every game for me is exactly what I put in the title. I cannot make a pass, tackle or god for bid try to select a player. It's just really crap at the moment and has been for months.

I'm currently running ADSL 2.8mb Download and 0.9mb Upload. Before any of you say well thats why. I've been playing absolutely fine no problems up till about February time. I once finished 97th in weekend league but ever since it's been a complete farce of a game. How can it go from playing fine to this mess for 4 months. My record at the moment is 412-37-699. I'm not even joking when I say I've probably lost 48 in 50 hence the very low skill points. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Anyone give some advice please, up the creek at the moment and definitely not enjoying my experience on FIFA.

Most people run atleast 20 down 8 up so connection is your issue
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    Quite the thread bump
  • I'm on NBN connection approx 70mbps+ down and 15+mbps up average of the time and I still get **** slugish games just like you... can't pass and shoot like I'm in some **** leagues... seems to always screw me over when I'm about to make important runs or pass or shot...
    my settings:

LAN connection
    Wired Controller also in settings
    165hz gaming monitor
    Fast internet speed (NBN connection 80+mbps down 15+mbps up)

Go figure... I do notice that its best to play late at night ... possibly low traffic in server helps (but who has time for that when you have work in the morning)

I feel ya
  • DomDom999
    FUT_Guy wrote: »
    I'm on NBN connection approx 70mbps+ down and 15+mbps up average of the time and I still get **** slugish games just like you... can't pass and shoot like I'm in some **** leagues... seems to always screw me over when I'm about to make important runs or pass or shot...
    my settings:

LAN connection
    Wired Controller also in settings
    165hz gaming monitor
    Fast internet speed (NBN connection 80+mbps down 15+mbps up)

Go figure... I do notice that its best to play late at night ... possibly low traffic in server helps (but who has time for that when you have work in the morning)

I feel ya

I'm in the UK, live in the middle of nowhere and only have old 1980 copper wire. Haven't seen a BT van round here for god knows 10 years at least. I've got 4g on my phone but where I live I can only access 3g and it's unplayable on PS4. Already tried this route. Basically feels like dial up connection speeds. I've tried Lan cable but no difference.

Rang up my ISP last night to be told I'm at my lines maximum potential and no more can be done. They said I could split with neighbors and fund OUR OWN GREEN BOX! They said the green box costs £32 000 and it's not covered by BT government scheme as there's only 3 houses where I live. Basically they are saying move if we want faster internet.

Why is it we have to pay obscene amounts of money as a paying customer 10 miles east who gets the exact same package for free as they don't have to fund their own cabinet. How's this fair?