New to PC fifa

Avit32
413 posts Sunday League Hero
I've always been a console fifa player but this year I've decided to play on PC since I already have origin prem so it just makes sense. However I'm being a little put off by the cheat problem people seem to be suggesting is going on.

Could someone shed some light on this for me so I know what to expect?

Comments

• keronc
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    It is not as bad as the console guys make it seem. All of 19 I can remember only a couple of instances where I suspected a cheater. The bronze one is a well known cheat but I am not sure what was going on the second time.

1. Bronze team in draft. Rarely you might come across a bronze team in draft. They will usually quit as soon as the game starts. You don't get a win but you don't get a loss either.

2. No Control. I can't be certain this was a cheater but it was very weird. At kickoff (can't remember if it was Rivals or WL), the small red indicator dissapeared and I had no control over any of the players. The other player made an attack but I think they missed and I paused the game. My controller worked in the menus but as soon as the game restarted, it happened again. I quit the match and it never happened again.
  • greif44
    2368 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can expect to play over 99% of your online games without facing any cheaters. That was an issue in 13-15, not that much in 16. Some stupid people used cheats in Weekend League early in FIFA 17 and it resulted in a huge number of bans. I almost never see anything suspicious since that. I played maybe ~5k games in 17, 18 and 19.
    Potentially you can face some brainless kids using software/trainers very early after release, but EA bans them real quick.
  • Daddy
    5500 posts Big Money Move
    greif44 wrote: »
    You can expect to play over 99% of your online games without facing any cheaters. That was an issue in 13-15, not that much in 16. Some stupid people used cheats in Weekend League early in FIFA 17 and it resulted in a huge number of bans. I almost never see anything suspicious since that. I played maybe ~5k games in 17, 18 and 19.
    Potentially you can face some brainless kids using software/trainers very early after release, but EA bans them real quick.

Same as per my experience
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    The only con is market really, expect to never see Zidane on the market until May
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve found it great since switching from console a couple of months ago.
    Don’t regret it one bit. Not met any cheaters at all.
    I’ve had a few DCs on FUT, but that was my fault. I just had to adjust a few settings to stop interfering updates etc. (I am new to pc gaming).
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6790 posts Big Money Move
    Navraat wrote: »
    The only con is market really, expect to never see Zidane on the market until May

I'll pack him don't worry
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    Navraat wrote: »
    That's because all the draft cheaters monopolise the best cards with their profits.
  • Avit32
    I'm just giving 19 a go on pc and it appears pointless lol everyone has blue stacked teams, I just can't compete, looking forward to a new start.
  • Avit32
    typical, just packed baby henry from an objective reward...….
  • keronc
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    At this point, I would be surprised if I saw a team that was not stacked.
  • Avit32
    https://imgur.com/NEwdXsD
    This couldn't have waited 2 weeks :(
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6790 posts Big Money Move
    Avit32 wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/NEwdXsD
    This couldn't have waited 2 weeks :(

You've used your luck now. RIP your fifa 20 packs
  • Avit32