For those who haven't touched the game in over 2 weeks...

torakun
1591 posts Play-Off Hero
edited September 9
Give PES 2020 demo one more chance, see if its any different.

Note: I played the demo when I am still building my final team, and as a result, it feel sluggish and not as nice (read: fast, ping pong) as FIFA. Left it there until yesterday because I am sure that I won't get the FIFA 20. By this time I've not played any football game ever since I've acquired my final team.

Wow, it feels great! Now I won't be befuddled into my own decision not getting FIFA 20!

Things to note/check/try:

1. Custom tactic on the fly, really works. READ: WITHOUT S word interference the whole match, start-finish.
2. Look at player's condition arrow. Unless you set it on the setting, the default is random condition. Condition = form/mood. So if he is red arrow pointing up, it means he's on fire. Most shot and pass will not go astray. Pointing down means he's out of form. So some shot and passes can miss.
3. Change camera into Widecustom. 3,3 setting for a more traditional view.
4. Those who enjoy more realistic football, set game speed to -1. This is more true to life than 0.
5. Please please please, pay attention to each player. For example, if you play Manchester United, feel the different between Matic, Pogba, fred, and young. Not just controlling them, but see their passes and shots. Easily the biggest plus point over FIFA IMO, each player feel very much different as their stats/real life.

e.g
take a cross or corner using Ashley young, and the ball will curve and lob like crazy. Now try again using Pjanic from Juventus, and the ball will go direct and fast.
Try to shoot using cr7, and the ball will go high and hard. Now try again using messi, and the ball will go fast and curved and accurate.

6. Don't just use big teams! This is still my favorite thing in PES series. Play using River Plate or Boca Juniors. Play a good football, and beating Barcelona isn't something that's impossible. For example, set tactic to counter attack, because Barca is using tiki taka.
7. All above translate to a great and flexible team building. There's no FLAVOR of the WEEK/MONTH/YEAR like in FIFA. (FIFA18=SPEED, FIFA 19=PHYSYCAL, ETC) ALL PLAYERS ARE VIABLE. If you play Master League, you can easily build your dream team easily without any chem/position/non-meta, problems.
8. Every players can be put into ANY position without penalty. No chem style too.
9. Depending on some.. but, in my case, I tend to get weak and spend on FP. In PES, NO FP = you save $ for 1 year. This is a HUGE plus for me, because I am easily tempted by packs.


MINUS:

1. All the above, however, could be dismissed easily with one problem. Online. If you are an avid WL, DR, players, and never play any game vs CPU (PES CPU is much better IMO[Removed]), then this game might not be for you. Konami is still improving their online matchmaking each iteration, but its still loses to EA's server.
2. Some club licenses, but give yourself 10 mins and a USB stick and you'll remedy it for the rest of the year.

So in summary, those who played PES demo while they still fresh in FIFA's gameplay, won't be able to enjoy it like I do. However, now after not touching any football game for a while and gave the demo another try, its really a good good game. Those who are in a fence, give it another try.

For those who are loving to play with icons or legends, here's the complete list for PES 2020:

Christian Abbiati GK Italy
Dida GK Brazil
Francesco Toldo GK Italy
Oliver Kahn GK Germany

DEFENDER

Franco Baresi DF Italy
Sol Campbell DF England
Diego Lugano DF Uruguay
Ricardo Rocha DF Brazil
Javier Zanetti DF Argentina
Walter Samuel DF Argentina
Paolo Maldini DF Italy
Cafu DF Brazil
Roberto Carlos DF Brazil

MIDFIELDER

Hidetoshi Nakata MF Japan
Park Ji-Sung MF South Korea
Robert Pires MF France
Gilberto Silva MF Brazil
Freddie Ljungberg MF Sweden
Emmanuel Petit MF France
Denilson MF Brazil
Rai MF Brazil
Ludovic Giuly MF France
Zico MF Brazil
Paul Scholes MF England
Dejan Stankovic MF Serbia
Esteban Cambiasso MF Argentina
Steven Gerrard MF England
Steve McManaman MF England
David Beckham MF England
David Beckham (2018) MF England
Pavel Nedved MF Czech Republic
Patrick Vieira MF France
Luis Figo MF Portugal
Lothar Matthaus MF Germany


FORWARD

Andrei Arshavin* FW Russia
Francesco Totti FW Italy
Daniele Massaro FW Italy
Gabriel Batistuta FW Argentina
Patrick Kluivert FW Netherlands
Adriano FW Brazil
Alvaro Recoba FW Uruguay
Youri Djourkaeff FW France
Ronaldinho FW Brazil
Michael Owen FW England
Ian Rush FW Wales
Robbie Fowler FW England
Kevin Keegan FW England
Kenny Dalglish FW Scotland
Diego Maradona FW Argentina
Romario FW Brazil
Ruud Gullit FW Netherlands
Alessandro Del Piero FW Italy
Marcelo Salas FW Chile
Johan Cruyff FW Netherlands
Ivan Zamorano FW Chile
Bebeto FW Brazil

Highlighted are just my personal "I cant wait to give it a try"


anyway, this is my first and last post about PES. So if anyone read it, thank you. If not, o well.. no biggie.

cheers


Leave it out with the scripting discussion, it's against the rules ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

  • Are some of these icons on fifa and pes this year then? Petit and big pat?
  • torakun
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    Are some of these icons on fifa and pes this year then? Petit and big pat?

    yes indeed
  • Ffhh
    15 posts Ball Boy
    It's just the complete opposite. Fifa is arcade and PES 2020 can feel boring to some because it's much slower, more room for errors, you need to think more and read opponents.

    I rarely hold the sprint button, can play with Sule at the back and Muller feels great. Players do play like you expect them to play. Strong players are really strong, tactics really make a difference and can turn a game.

    It's just a lot more like football. But you need to take the time to feel comfortable and play like the real deal and lose your FIFA habits.
    So everything on the pitch is more realistic, but commentary, stadium atmosphere, ad boards, presentation is still awful.

    Myclub lacks on a lot of departments comparing to FUT but has some stronger elements like player levels to make them even better without informs and its easier to grab a superstar, Master League has the regens problem, weekly server downtime and it takes more time to play a match.
  • Diggy
    13619 posts Has That Special Something
    No FIFA is bad PES is worse
  • jhonps3
    1712 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 9
    torakun wrote: »
    Give PES 2020 demo one more chance, see if its any different.

    Note: I played the demo when I am still building my final team, and as a result, it feel sluggish and not as nice (read: fast, ping pong) as FIFA. Left it there until yesterday because I am sure that I won't get the FIFA 20. By this time I've not played any football game ever since I've acquired my final team.

    Wow, it feels great! Now I won't be befuddled into my own decision not getting FIFA 20!

    Things to note/check/try:

    1. Custom tactic on the fly, really works. READ: WITHOUT S word interference the whole match, start-finish.
    2. Look at player's condition arrow. Unless you set it on the setting, the default is random condition. Condition = form/mood. So if he is red arrow pointing up, it means he's on fire. Most shot and pass will not go astray. Pointing down means he's out of form. So some shot and passes can miss.
    3. Change camera into Widecustom. 3,3 setting for a more traditional view.
    4. Those who enjoy more realistic football, set game speed to -1. This is more true to life than 0.
    5. Please please please, pay attention to each player. For example, if you play Manchester United, feel the different between Matic, Pogba, fred, and young. Not just controlling them, but see their passes and shots. Easily the biggest plus point over FIFA IMO, each player feel very much different as their stats/real life.

    e.g
    take a cross or corner using Ashley young, and the ball will curve and lob like crazy. Now try again using Pjanic from Juventus, and the ball will go direct and fast.
    Try to shoot using cr7, and the ball will go high and hard. Now try again using messi, and the ball will go fast and curved and accurate.

    6. Don't just use big teams! This is still my favorite thing in PES series. Play using River Plate or Boca Juniors. Play a good football, and beating Barcelona isn't something that's impossible. For example, set tactic to counter attack, because Barca is using tiki taka.
    7. All above translate to a great and flexible team building. There's no FLAVOR of the WEEK/MONTH/YEAR like in FIFA. (FIFA18=SPEED, FIFA 19=PHYSYCAL, ETC) ALL PLAYERS ARE VIABLE. If you play Master League, you can easily build your dream team easily without any chem/position/non-meta, problems.
    8. Every players can be put into ANY position without penalty. No chem style too.
    9. Depending on some.. but, in my case, I tend to get weak and spend on FP. In PES, NO FP = you save $ for 1 year. This is a HUGE plus for me, because I am easily tempted by packs.


    MINUS:

    1. All the above, however, could be dismissed easily with one problem. Online. If you are an avid WL, DR, players, and never play any game vs CPU (PES CPU is much better IMO), then this game might not be for you. Konami is still improving their online matchmaking each iteration, but its still loses to EA's server.
    2. Some club licenses, but give yourself 10 mins and a USB stick and you'll remedy it for the rest of the year.

    So in summary, those who played PES demo while they still fresh in FIFA's gameplay, won't be able to enjoy it like I do. However, now after not touching any football game for a while and gave the demo another try, its really a good good game. Those who are in a fence, give it another try.

    For those who are loving to play with icons or legends, here's the complete list for PES 2020:

    Christian Abbiati GK Italy
    Dida GK Brazil
    Francesco Toldo GK Italy
    Oliver Kahn GK Germany

    DEFENDER

    Franco Baresi DF Italy
    Sol Campbell DF England
    Diego Lugano DF Uruguay
    Ricardo Rocha DF Brazil
    Javier Zanetti DF Argentina
    Walter Samuel DF Argentina
    Paolo Maldini DF Italy
    Cafu DF Brazil
    Roberto Carlos DF Brazil

    MIDFIELDER

    Hidetoshi Nakata MF Japan
    Park Ji-Sung MF South Korea
    Robert Pires MF France
    Gilberto Silva MF Brazil
    Freddie Ljungberg MF Sweden
    Emmanuel Petit MF France
    Denilson MF Brazil
    Rai MF Brazil
    Ludovic Giuly MF France
    Zico MF Brazil
    Paul Scholes MF England
    Dejan Stankovic MF Serbia
    Esteban Cambiasso MF Argentina
    Steven Gerrard MF England
    Steve McManaman MF England
    David Beckham MF England
    David Beckham (2018) MF England
    Pavel Nedved MF Czech Republic
    Patrick Vieira MF France
    Luis Figo MF Portugal
    Lothar Matthaus MF Germany


    FORWARD

    Andrei Arshavin* FW Russia
    Francesco Totti FW Italy
    Daniele Massaro FW Italy
    Gabriel Batistuta FW Argentina
    Patrick Kluivert FW Netherlands
    Adriano FW Brazil
    Alvaro Recoba FW Uruguay
    Youri Djourkaeff FW France
    Ronaldinho FW Brazil
    Michael Owen FW England
    Ian Rush FW Wales
    Robbie Fowler FW England
    Kevin Keegan FW England
    Kenny Dalglish FW Scotland
    Diego Maradona FW Argentina
    Romario FW Brazil
    Ruud Gullit FW Netherlands
    Alessandro Del Piero FW Italy
    Marcelo Salas FW Chile
    Johan Cruyff FW Netherlands
    Ivan Zamorano FW Chile
    Bebeto FW Brazil

    Highlighted are just my personal "I cant wait to give it a try"


    anyway, this is my first and last post about PES. So if anyone read it, thank you. If not, o well.. no biggie.

    cheers

    I gave a chance to the 2019 and don’t like it , fifa have a Lot of problems but has already catch me forever, i guess. And i play since 2014.


    Edited quote to reflect change~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    Didn't find it realistic, it's clunky as and in all honesty boring.
  • Safehands84
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 9
    I played pes 19 until xmas this year alongside fifa. The problem for me is finding a game, I'm in UK and rend to play late at 10pm, I'd be waiting over 5 minutes sometimes. Gameplay I found much better than fifa and I did really enjoy it but finding opponent just too long. Also my club lacked the depth of fifa, no idea if they made improvements this year but wont be getting it this time because of the problem of finding a game
  • OZero
    4985 posts Big Money Move
    Thanks for sharing

    Again, for those who think players are clunky, go try Neymar or Salah. Normal players should be clunky. The best dribblers should be smooth which separate them from normal players. I call this realistic.
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    OZero wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing

    Again, for those who think players are clunky, go try Neymar or Salah. Normal players should be clunky. The best dribblers should be smooth which separate them from normal players. I call this realistic.

    It's not just the players, passing and shooting as well. All clunky to me but it's all subjective.
  • Ffhh
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing

    Again, for those who think players are clunky, go try Neymar or Salah. Normal players should be clunky. The best dribblers should be smooth which separate them from normal players. I call this realistic.

    It's not just the players, passing and shooting as well. All clunky to me but it's all subjective.
    It's just more realistic. You can't shoot top corner perfectly everytime from 20 meters.
    It takes some time to control the ball and/or standing correctly to perform a great pass. In Fifa you can just press the pass button without looking, speed is nothing like a real match and dribbling is a joke, like you see players perform like that in the real game.

    But it's a total different approach to football, can feel a bit more boring because everything takes a bit longer to perform and execute and gameplay is a lot slower. Like a real match.
Sign In or Register to comment.