Give PES 2020 demo one more chance, see if its any different.
Note: I played the demo when I am still building my final team, and as a result, it feel sluggish and not as nice (read: fast, ping pong) as FIFA. Left it there until yesterday because I am sure that I won't get the FIFA 20. By this time I've not played any football game ever since I've acquired my final team.
Wow, it feels great! Now I won't be befuddled into my own decision not getting FIFA 20!
Things to note/check/try:
1. Custom tactic on the fly, really works. READ: WITHOUT S word interference the whole match, start-finish.
2. Look at player's condition arrow. Unless you set it on the setting, the default is random condition. Condition = form/mood. So if he is red arrow pointing up, it means he's on fire. Most shot and pass will not go astray. Pointing down means he's out of form. So some shot and passes can miss.
3. Change camera into Widecustom. 3,3 setting for a more traditional view.
4. Those who enjoy more realistic football, set game speed to -1. This is more true to life than 0.
5. Please please please, pay attention to each player. For example, if you play Manchester United, feel the different between Matic, Pogba, fred, and young. Not just controlling them, but see their passes and shots. Easily the biggest plus point over FIFA IMO, each player feel very much different as their stats/real life.
e.g take a cross or corner using Ashley young, and the ball will curve and lob like crazy. Now try again using Pjanic from Juventus, and the ball will go direct and fast.
Try to shoot using cr7, and the ball will go high and hard. Now try again using messi, and the ball will go fast and curved and accurate.
6. Don't just use big teams! This is still my favorite thing in PES series. Play using River Plate or Boca Juniors. Play a good football, and beating Barcelona isn't something that's impossible. For example, set tactic to counter attack, because Barca is using tiki taka.
7. All above translate to a great and flexible team building. There's no FLAVOR of the WEEK/MONTH/YEAR like in FIFA. (FIFA18=SPEED, FIFA 19=PHYSYCAL, ETC) ALL PLAYERS ARE VIABLE. If you play Master League, you can easily build your dream team easily without any chem/position/non-meta, problems.
8. Every players can be put into ANY position without penalty. No chem style too.
9. Depending on some.. but, in my case, I tend to get weak and spend on FP. In PES, NO FP = you save $ for 1 year. This is a HUGE plus for me, because I am easily tempted by packs.
1. All the above, however, could be dismissed easily with one problem. Online. If you are an avid WL, DR, players, and never play any game vs CPU (PES CPU is much better IMO[Removed]), then this game might not be for you. Konami is still improving their online matchmaking each iteration, but its still loses to EA's server.
2. Some club licenses, but give yourself 10 mins and a USB stick and you'll remedy it for the rest of the year.
So in summary, those who played PES demo while they still fresh in FIFA's gameplay, won't be able to enjoy it like I do. However, now after not touching any football game for a while and gave the demo another try, its really a good good game. Those who are in a fence, give it another try.
For those who are loving to play with icons or legends, here's the complete list for PES 2020:
Christian Abbiati GK Italy Dida GK Brazil
Francesco Toldo GK Italy
Oliver Kahn GK Germany
Franco Baresi DF Italy
Sol Campbell DF England
Diego Lugano DF Uruguay
Ricardo Rocha DF Brazil
Javier Zanetti DF Argentina
Walter Samuel DF Argentina
Paolo Maldini DF Italy Cafu DF Brazil
Roberto Carlos DF Brazil
Hidetoshi Nakata MF Japan
Park Ji-Sung MF South Korea
Robert Pires MF France
Gilberto Silva MF Brazil
Freddie Ljungberg MF Sweden
Emmanuel Petit MF France Denilson MF Brazil
Rai MF Brazil
Ludovic Giuly MF France Zico MF Brazil
Paul Scholes MF England
Dejan Stankovic MF Serbia
Esteban Cambiasso MF Argentina
Steven Gerrard MF England
Steve McManaman MF England David Beckham MF England
David Beckham (2018) MF England
Pavel Nedved MF Czech Republic
Patrick Vieira MF France
Luis Figo MF Portugal
Lothar Matthaus MF Germany
Andrei Arshavin* FW Russia Francesco Totti FW Italy
Daniele Massaro FW Italy Gabriel Batistuta FW Argentina
Patrick Kluivert FW Netherlands Adriano FW Brazil
Alvaro Recoba FW Uruguay
Youri Djourkaeff FW France
Ronaldinho FW Brazil
Michael Owen FW England
Ian Rush FW Wales
Robbie Fowler FW England
Kevin Keegan FW England
Kenny Dalglish FW Scotland
Diego Maradona FW Argentina Romario FW Brazil
Ruud Gullit FW Netherlands
Alessandro Del Piero FW Italy
Marcelo Salas FW Chile
Johan Cruyff FW Netherlands
Ivan Zamorano FW Chile
Bebeto FW Brazil
Highlighted are just my personal "I cant wait to give it a try"
anyway, this is my first and last post about PES. So if anyone read it, thank you. If not, o well.. no biggie.
Leave it out with the scripting discussion, it's against the rules ~Rtas