I'm not even remotely excited for Fifa 20

JayyThunder
4269 posts Big Money Move
Is it just me or are other people feeling the same way? Like I see the icon announcements, the player ratings and stuff, and I just don't even care. I'm just so pessimistic about the game, no matter what EA rolls out for FUT, all I can think of is just how bad it can be and how unenjoyable Fifa 19 was.

Comments

• Boysie91
    8195 posts League Winner
    I haven't touched fifa since getting the beta code and playing UT for 4 days I was bored and hated the menus and gameplay was still poor. Only bought 20 for Volta and hope that they improve UT menu/gameplay.
    I'm not even that bothered for 20 anymore and decided to pre order PES also.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    I just did my pre order. Not super excited like I usually am, but still ready for a new year.
  • JayyThunder
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    I haven't touched fifa since getting the beta code and playing UT for 4 days I was bored and hated the menus and gameplay was still poor. Only bought 20 for Volta and hope that they improve UT menu/gameplay.

I haven’t touched fifa in about 5 weeks now. So maybe it’s that.

• FCBlunt
    1972 posts Fans' Favourite

What? The menu looks sick from what I’ve seen on yt.
  • Mmandras
    1832 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 6
    I think you are mostly just burned out, and yes, Fifa 19 did have many issues. You may look at new seaso as nothing more than stats reset and teams update with slight gameplay changes and new modes here and there. So there are not that many things to be excited, with last instance running on old engine, but than again, every seasoned player will tell you that first few months are the best time of the year. Players are not super accustomed to game mechanic, patches are being deployed frequently, and you can really feel the impact of dominant players unline post TOTS era when every card feel the same. So it's the new beginning, there will be many objectives to chase, new wheel of fortune turn... and new games to play. Feeling of hype is subjective, but when you look at the franchise as a whole, it is one incredible journey and it would be a shame not to be a part of it. So much negativity and criticism gets in your head but today's generations are so privileged to have this kind of rich simulation with daily content updates.
  • Boysie91
    8195 posts League Winner
    FCBlunt wrote: »

Doing SBC and building a team is so slow even applying consumables is longer process.
  • FCBlunt

Doing SBC and building a team is so slow even applying consumables is longer process.

Ohhh, I thought u meant like the design. :smiley:
  • deang07
    8097 posts League Winner
    Is it just me or are other people feeling the same way? Like I see the icon announcements, the player ratings and stuff, and I just don't even care. I'm just so pessimistic about the game, no matter what EA rolls out for FUT, all I can think of is just how bad it can be and how unenjoyable Fifa 19 was.

going by your usual interpretation of wat u want and hw u perceive fifa youl enjoy 20 alot more than 19.
    ( beta player).
    theres faults but its closer to the skill gap game we all want thats for sure
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13062 posts Has That Special Something

I feel yah mate, haven't even pre ordered it
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 6

I’m definitely less excited than I was for Fifa 19 (unknowing what was about to grace my console). Maybe it’s because I know How hard I went into Fifa 19 for the first month to get coins which was mental and I won’t have as much time this time around. It’s going to be a slog to start off with for me.

I am looking forward to a more casual experience though. My target is to half my playing time and double my profit. A tall ask but you have to aim for something challenging.

I did everything I set out to do in Fifa 19. Smashing my profit targets and getting one of the best teams in Fifa. I also tried so many players without losing hardly any coins. The only downside was gameplay and I can’t go through that again. I’ve keep my team on Fifa 19 just in case it’s kills me off. I hope gameplay is better. I’m optimistic even though I know the delay will be there. Any improvements to mechanics will be welcome and will make a massive difference. I did not like the arcade feel of Fifa 19.
  • FCBlunt
    I’m very excited to see the forum reviews after first patch. I truely hope they deliver a good fifa for once.

Sooo, if the game tests negative for EAids, I’ll buy the game secondhand.

If it test positive, I’ll be very happy that I didn’t buy it. So from my standpoint, all we can do is win if we don’t just buy into it. We wait, test out the waters and either go in or bail.

Also, take a break from Fifa. There’s other fun games or RL activities you could do.
  • JayyThunder
    I’m very excited to see the forum reviews after first patch. I truely hope they deliver a good fifa for once.

Sooo, if the game tests negative for EAids, I’ll buy the game secondhand.

If it test positive, I’ll be very happy that I didn’t buy it. So from my standpoint, all we can do is win if we don’t just buy into it. We wait, test out the waters and either go in or bail.

Also, take a break from Fifa. There’s other fun games or RL activities you could do.

Oh I definitely am doing that. I got borderlands coming out and modern warfare eventually so, I’ll have some other stuff to play

• Joestoe
    4715 posts National Call-Up
    I’m getting really excited. Knowing Garrincha is in the game got me really pumped. Also, seeing positive reviews from people who are normally very, very negative must mean it’s better than previous year, which was not hard at all.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9284 posts League Winner

I played the beta 1 time then uninstalled it
  • mdizzl3
    12352 posts Has That Special Something
    19 put me off also, as a predominantly offline player anyway I'll be going for PES this year.

Why don't you just skip it?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9332 posts League Winner
    Your hype for Drogba and Essien died quickly!
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Your hype for Drogba and Essien died quickly!

Can't wait to play with Drogba and Henry together.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    Not only am I not excited. I literally have anxiety thinking about it coming out. Strongly considering giving it up for rocket league. A skill based game I can play on my schedule that plays the same every time I pick it up.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6792 posts Big Money Move
    How can you not be excited for a new installment of FIFA?

YtnQwow.png
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class

YtnQwow.png

Weird flex
  • Icosa_Gaming
    Pieman25 wrote: »

YtnQwow.png

Weird flex

😘
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

YtnQwow.png

New account I presume 🤔
  • Icosa_Gaming

YtnQwow.png

New account I presume 🤔

Yeah, sir.
  • JayyThunder

YtnQwow.png

Cool? Idk what you want me to say to that?

Imo it’s more of a waste of money.
  • Layton8212
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    @JayyThunder i dont like fishing so i stay away from them forums, im looking forward to fifa 20 i dont wanna see no negativity
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    Layton8212 wrote: »
    @JayyThunder i dont like fishing so i stay away from them forums, im looking forward to fifa 20 i dont wanna see no negativity

But do you go fishing even though you don't like it, then complain about it every day?
  • JayyThunder
    Layton8212 wrote: »

That’s not a good argument. I like football and I like some fifas. So I should just stop playing it because of a few bad titles?

• P1tch_1nvaderz88

YtnQwow.png

New account I presume 🤔

Yeah, sir.

@Icosa_Gaming what's the thought process behind that then? Genuine question btw, do you buy into the whole, new account/better luck? Or something you do every year