What's up with gameplay today best it's ever been so smooth and responsive it's like a new game

Fifa_Hawk_85
11195 posts Has That Special Something
I'm guessing with alot leaving the game as the WL is finished it's most likely the reason the game is playing fantastic I honestly feel like a completely different player playing in these smooth and responsive conditions.

Been hammering good players with mega teams easily as now I can dribble with all my top players and every I command the players to do they actually do it. I would definitely be an elite player is the game was like this all the time as I can notice how much better I am when I'm not fighting against the connection and my opponent.

Anyone else noticed this? It's no secret I'm not buying FIFA 20 as it will be delaying and unresponsive as soon as there's alot of people playing but if FIFA 19 is going to be like for the year it's going to be a great game and I will happily sacrifice content for gameplay any day of the week.

On another note just realised I can finally upgrade my prime best to the PIM for about 100k and untradables. I've some high rated cards that I will never use so makes sense. Currently doing it now can't wait to use him in this silky smooth gameplay.

For anyone not buying FIFA 20 and sticking with 19 if it stays like this we're in for a very nice and responsive experience. And all the FIFA 20 players will be complaining about delayed and unresponsive gameplay 😂

Comments

• Aqeel87
    2422 posts Fans' Favourite
    I would like to keep playing 19 if the gameplay remains smooth & responsive but the problem is that once the new Fifa comes out I rarely find an opponent which really sucks.
    I am from Australia BTW
  • Thunder001
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's totally the opposite for me. I've had reasonable gameplay all year compared to this rubbish.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Thunder001 wrote: »
    It's totally the opposite for me. I've had reasonable gameplay all year compared to this rubbish.

Mate if suffered for 2 years will bad delayed and unresponsive and now this has been the best I've ever had. Was playing a mate earlier a few friendlies and he was saying the same. This is a breath of fresh air for me and if it stays like this I will play more of 19 that I thought. I planned to have a few games here and there but with this gameplay I will definitely still play rivals each week to rank 1 and make my final improvements. Only need Prime Gullit and Prime Dinho and my team will be complete.

I can look past all the b's in the game when it plays like this and will be happy to sacrifice WL and content for great gameplay. Few flaws like every game will have still but at least it's playing like it should.

Maybe its location based I'm just outside Belfast and mate I was playing with earlier is in England so maybe it's UK based if everyone isn't getting this gameplay.

I'm still actually in shock I'm writing this as I've constantly slated EA for 2 years about the delayed and unresponsive gameplay but this is a great experience right now.
  • SweetJesus101
    1327 posts Professional
    are you playing in EA Office or something? :p because keep the same trash to me like every other week
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    are you playing in EA Office or something? :p because keep the same trash to me like every other week

Seriously it's the best I've ever had in terms of responsiveness and no delay. I'm in shock myself don't even want to stop playing here incase it's back to normal tomorrow haha

Plus just finished PIM best so want to try him out for a few games now lol
  • ozcs_69
    3013 posts National Call-Up
    thanks for the thread OP, me 2 man, this is amazing times, responsiveness to very high degree, skill moves very smooth, defenders are still auto cutting things but everything else is just working as it should
  • Primofusion
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hate to break it to you but it’ll only get worse again when 20 comes out, because EA aren’t going to dedicate servers just to 19. The workload of both games (plus 18 I assume) will be handled by all servers.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Hate to break it to you but it’ll only get worse again when 20 comes out, because EA aren’t going to dedicate servers just to 19. The workload of both games (plus 18 I assume) will be handled by all servers.

Well if that's the case is it any wonder gameplay is so delayed and unresponsive if FIFA 18, 19 and 20 are all using the same servers 😂

I will enjoy it while it lasts and if it does go back to the usual I will just call it a day with 19.
  • Orison
    47809 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I would definitely be an elite player is the game was like this all the time

No you wouldn't. I don't know who you are playing that still plays the game, but you are defo not playing against great opponents.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    edited September 6
    Orison wrote: »
    I would definitely be an elite player is the game was like this all the time

No you wouldn't. I don't know who you are playing that still plays the game, but you are defo not playing against great opponents.

Playing rivals div 1 and have hit 22 wins as my best ever in WL with delayed and unresponsive gameplay. I've never had a WL where the game plays like this and I'm not limited to what I can actually do. All of a sudden all the top cards I've grinded all year are finally playing to their proper potential and when I can add proper dribbling into my game which isn't possible in the usual gameplay amongst the other things I'm good at in the game I can actually see my proper potential. Players responding to all my commands, making proper runs, not running into each other and falling over and not making silly mistakes because of delay.

I'm not saying I could get top 100 but I'm very confident that I could get them extra couple of wins to hit elite 3 at least.

You can disagree all you like but the football I'm playing right now in this gameplay is some of the best I've ever played and I'm doing things I can't usually do and it's winning me games.
  • silverdale10
    1328 posts Professional
    edited September 6
    It was great for me last week/the week before, I was thrashing people by 4 or 5 goals on a regular basis. Last time I played however it was back to BS. I was drawing rather than losing most of them because I'm now playing on a terrible wi-fi connection, so the comp lag tends to offset the 'other' phenomena somewhat, but it isn't much fun to play when every shot you take goes sailing over the bar, scuffed or the player refuses to shoot at all whilst at the other end my defence goes AWOL.
    Same old FIFA cycle.
  • Vaporduff777
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Fifa_Hawk_85 I knew you were getting 20 not long now.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    @Fifa_Hawk_85 I knew you were getting 20 not long now.

I'm not getting 20 but if 19 stays the way it is now I will definitely keep playing rivals on it until I have the best team available. It's gameplay goes back to normal I will barely even play it anymore.
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    Gameplay seems ok but GK’s seem to be letting every shot in. It’s odd. I can predict the goal for and against me. Strange. Very high scoring games and that’s without the meta mechanics.
  • Wi1son73
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    i had the same connection as you @Fifa_Hawk_85 few weeks past! Was so responsive!! I said to myself ha I’ve not played much over the last few months, this is EA enticing me back in.. (Tin foil hat)

Then before I knew it, the connection was back to its normal BS way... horrible sluggish delayed total nonsense animations, horrendous one sided play...
  • Aqeel87
    Earlier played 5 games & the gameplay was amazingly smooth and responsive.
    Needless to say that won all of them comfortably with big margins causing 3 rage quits.
    Why can't it be like this always man?
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played 2 games yesterday and both opponents skipped their goal replays. it was a good day
  • Jonboyparker
    Less people playing now. Servers relaxed. Shame the gameplay is still arcade but at least it’s doing what you ask
  • FCBlunt
    1972 posts Fans' Favourite
    I played a draft last week and smashed out three 7 goal victories, but only a 2-0 final.

I dunno if its the matchmaking or the servers. However, I’ve blasted in some goals this week that didn’t work “before.”

Did they nerf keepers?
  • Jonboyparker
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    I played a draft last week and smashed out three 7 goal victories, but only a 2-0 final.

I dunno if its the matchmaking or the servers. However, I’ve blasted in some goals this week that didn’t work “before.”

Did they nerf keepers?

That’s exactly what I thought. I was getting some massive score lines. Everything seems to go in. It was crazy. Never have I experienced it like that. It’s like the GK’s weren’t there. I had TOTY DDG a few times too
  • CAJansen1966
    66 posts Park Captain
    Dunno what they did, but goalies are a joke today. I won 2 games in rivals 5-6 and 3-8. The second game I only had 15 shots on goal. But I did enjoy this way more than before.
  • Paul9619
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dunno what they did, but goalies are a joke today. I won 2 games in rivals 5-6 and 3-8. The second game I only had 15 shots on goal. But I did enjoy this way more than before.

You must have played me. my Goalkeepers are always terrible. I have had TOTS Ederson, Alisson, SIF De Gea, Donnuruma, Oblak. No difference. I reckon out of every 40 games I have 2 games where my keeper is world class, the rest they are terrible.
  • Jonboyparker

Seems to be a running theme. Can’t be a coincidence Surely? It just seems completely different. Goals flying in from everywhere for the last week. I’m scoring goals from just tapping shoot.
  • Thunder001
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm either smashing people or getting smashed. It's just showing up how bad the one sided gameplay really is.
  • FijiBoy
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same for me. For the first time after February the game is as it should be. No miracle saves or blocking, players responding to passes and making runs. Best time to play and also when it's about to end😂
  • Aqeel87
    Back to normal **** gameplay today lol
    What about you?
  • Wi1son73
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    What about you?

I was waiting for someone to post this..
    You get a good few days at beautiful gameplay, then BOOM back to the same old mate
  • FCBlunt
    1972 posts Fans' Favourite
    What about you?
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    What about you?

You get a good few days at beautiful gameplay, then BOOM back to the same old mate

Word. It started yesterday evening for me.
  • mindm4ster
    4927 posts Big Money Move
    nobody is playing
  • Wi1son73
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    What about you?
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    What about you?

Word. It started yesterday evening for me.

I’ve not played since I used my TOTY CR7... well one game with Maradona (horrible turned it off)

I have spare afternoon, which I’m contemplating playing with our new Loan cards, but I know my whole mood will change if the gameplay is horrible delayed sluggish nonsense! Even worse when you can’t seem to tackle the ball, when your opponent is on the edge of the box!