FIFA Fanbase Growth?

JH7x
63 posts Park Captain
Despite the gameplay and pack luck being awful at times ...the game has been a huge success especially given the longevity .. is it me or has the fan base / hype significantly grown over the last 12 months with Fifa 20
on the horizon?

Comments

• Pieman25
    16650 posts World Class
    I think the hype has dropped as low as I've seen in a while tbh but then again I'm talking about this forum and you might be referring to a wider scope.
  • Empyrium7
    2822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    I think the hype has dropped as low as I've seen in a while tbh but then again I'm talking about this forum and you might be referring to a wider scope.

this
  • greif44
    2793 posts Fans' Favourite
    JH7x wrote: »
    Despite the gameplay and pack luck being awful at times ...the game has been a huge success especially given the longevity .. is it me or has the fan base / hype significantly grown over the last 12 months with Fifa 20
    on the horizon?

has it really been huge success?
    The only "successful" thing was supply of content, lot of this content did not make any sense tho (PIMs, FFS, overpriced SBCs).
    Longevity of the game is 10 months 😆

As someone mentioned in FIFA 20 forum section, this is the quietest release of FIFA so far
    I'm looking forward to try 20 as first couple months are best fun with undiscovered exploits and people running peasant teams, but definitely not feeling excited about it.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5880 posts Big Money Move
    This is the first time I’ve ever dreaded a new fifa coming out. Normally I can’t wait. I currently get anxiety at the thought of grinding fifa 20. Been having fun with rocket league and considering canceling my preorder. I hated 19. I fear 20 will maybe be a bit better but more of the same. I would definitely say this is the least hyped I’ve ever been and the least hyped I’ve ever seen the community. The thought of fifa 20 coming out in a few weeks has me dreading the release as opposed to being excited.
  • Pieman25
    16650 posts World Class
    This is the first time I’ve ever dreaded a new fifa coming out. Normally I can’t wait. I currently get anxiety at the thought of grinding fifa 20. Been having fun with rocket league and considering canceling my preorder. I hated 19. I fear 20 will maybe be a bit better but more of the same. I would definitely say this is the least hyped I’ve ever been and the least hyped I’ve ever seen the community. The thought of fifa 20 coming out in a few weeks has me dreading the release as opposed to being excited.

That's how I was getting, the concern of feeling you have to play it even when you cba. Best cancelling and getting your refund as it's not healthy how the video game is making you feel.
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You can judge its popularity if we are still playing in Jan. The start is the most fun. Afterwards game better be good or else we 'll move on to something else.
  • Gnomenclature
    3971 posts National Call-Up
    You can judge its popularity if we are still playing in Jan. The start is the most fun. Afterwards game better be good or else we 'll move on to something else.

It's pretty rare for me to play a title this long. I bought fifa 19 in Oct and just stopped playing this week. Only battlefield 1 gave me that much playtime for a single year title.

I love cod games, but usually only play them for about 3 months before the get redundant.

The fact that I played fifa this much is staggering - considering how broken the game play was. It's the football fanboy in me that keeps me engaged!

Football > any other past-time. A football game with live content related to the sport worldwide? Kinda irresistible... hopefully the game play will improve with 20 😞