Is Fifa 19 the worst Fifa in recent memory?

Comments

• ChrisLFC
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa 14
    Far from the best but nothing will ever top fifa 14. Just run down the wing and cross + full field LB+ Ys creating scoring chances.

Joke of a game.
  • RappSnitch
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited September 5
    Yes
    I enjoyed FIFA 12-15. 13 gameplay had nothing to do with real football at all but I still had fun playing it cause the mode was still fairly new back then. FIFA 16 is tied FIFA 19 for the worst FIFA’s ever. The content on FIFA 16 was abysmal.

17 wasn’t great but was saved by the fact that it was my first year using icons. 18 was actually pretty good and I enjoyed it overall, although I did play very casually which probably helped. 19 I gave up on 2 months in, although a big part of that came down to the fact that I’m pretty bored with FUT as a whole at this point.
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    Voted yes but I take it back. Only the worst gameplay wise. Content wise it's the best by far.

Gameplay is the most important thing, I would rather have no content and no promos apart from Toty and Tots with great gameplay than loads of special cards to use with on a game with awful gameplay.

Not for EA it isn't, I would assume more promos = more FP sales.
  • EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    19 and 14, cant pick which is worse. Recency bias will say 19
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa 18
    18 was horrific

• ccooaattssyy
    7046 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    I think the most recent is always the worst.
  • Mr_footballer1
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
    Is it just me who struggles to remember the different years? Must be getting old. Either way the content this year has been decent, the rates have been terrible and the gameplay beyond ridiculous. Most broken gameplay this year imo with the flick ups and first times
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3031 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Is it just me who struggles to remember the different years? Must be getting old. Either way the content this year has been decent, the rates have been terrible and the gameplay beyond ridiculous. Most broken gameplay this year imo with the flick ups and first times

Same. 13-16 are a blur for me. I only remember 17 because WL.
  • Azof
    16437 posts World Class

It changes so little it all blends into one.
  • Ryno
    6086 posts Big Money Move
    19 isn't the worst, it just was the least enjoyable for me. In the past, when it came to FIFA titles with overpowered gimmicks, at least I was still enjoying the franchise enough to cave in and abuse those gimmicks. With 19 however, I was just fed up and uninterested.
  • Campino
    26940 posts Player of the Year
    Yes
    I think the most recent is always the worst.

Nah, I enjoyed last year for the most part. 17 was frustrating with the crab walking but it was better than this year

This year was truly awful
  • mellow_yellow
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    same as you mate its turned my into a very angry person, but again its the longest ive ever stuck with it so figure that out!

I'm reluctant to buy it again, but will probably be tempted when its on offer in a few months. i've just started with FM2019 so that should keep me occupied for a few months plus ive not raged once with that yet.
  • RealM
    5317 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa 20 just been ruined already.
  • Kamilflage
    4558 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Great content, that is, overlooking the DAYLIGHT ROBBERY with the way icons and PIMs were handled.
    Gameplay, utter disaster. And it's simply because of the completely unfair advantages given to weaker opponents.... I'll say no more on that...
    But the most obvious lure to keep lower skilled opponents engaged was the completely **** AI defending, which this year was horrible. Sometimes the game played fair, and when it did it was extremely pleasant. But that was literally a once in a month occurance. For the most part the lack of quality servers blended with AI assistance caused this Fifa to be the single most stressful game I have ever played. EA also yet again re-confirmed that they dont give a crap about their consumer base.
    And as for these sellout youtubers praising Fifa 20, I'm just itching to see how that praise looks 2 months into the game.
  • Kamilflage
    4558 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Also I'll add that content was never increased and enhanced for our benefit...EA just needed to rely more and more on their prized cash cow that is ultimate team because of the state of their other crap releases. Dont be a fool in thinking they are adding more and more cards and SBCs for us....
  • cdbuck26
    3315 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    I don't want the content to be the main attraction of this game. I bought this game to play football and I find myself least wanting to do that while I play this game.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Pointless to choose between 17,18 and 19.

They're all the same pile of ****, with 19 being the worst mostly for reasons outside of game with IconGate. Gameplay wise its been a **** from one extreme to another, one more ridiculous than the other from finesse shot simulator to el tornado cross spam.

• Ghotti
    2518 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa 18
    @Scutch you are alive ;)
  • Edu
    6576 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    15,16,17 were bad but 19 was the worst by far.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31715 posts National Team Captain
    Yes
    Azof wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing the same poll in 12 months in regards to 20.

Nah this year has been atrocious

Yeah prior to this year's FIFA... I've never said "this is the worst FIFA they've made". The gameplay this year was just on another level compared to previous titles, not even the content could mask how bad the gameplay was.