Is Fifa 19 the worst Fifa in recent memory?

Scutch
10526 posts Has That Special Something
edited September 5
For me, it is. Yet the irony is this is the longest I've played a Fifa game (seasonally), as I usually give in much earlier. Fifa 18 I stopped playing in the January as I bought Monster Hunter World and that took over my game time. I then jumped back in when TOTS was a few weeks old. Fifa 17 I gave up in December, I think. But yeah, I think Fifa 19 has frustrated me and angered me more than any other game I've ever played - and that's coming from someone who while playing Battlefield 3 chewed the analogue stick off a controller because the same sniper shot me 6 times in a row. True story.

So, Fifa 19, Get. To. ****.

Is Fifa 19 the worst Fifa in recent memory? 101 votes

Yes
67%
EddieFicioCampinoEduLFC Simon 98DiggySkorpio_KingALZAYYYVICTAAAAMaverickAnDrEwThEdOnRBailssTescoMathew1606PugzillaKurtmjs4pXxRichiexRichxXAntparry92DarthGrowlerTonyPicasso 68 votes
Fifa 18
9%
realhokiesCrazy Creaky JrChubbsAndy99TradeZSean2OnGhottiTrobos_LocosTof33zEoindAjaxLegends 10 votes
Fifa 17
9%
MikeGyan_33OrisonMoiizerMarkM11iBarçaBoySkorpio71El_NinoNooMiniWunit 10 votes
Fifa 16
3%
ShaanxzDjR0nny81DavistoRandom Jimmy 4 votes
Fifa 15
1%
PiemanMossup 2 votes
Fifa 14
4%
DaddyRaistlinChrisLFClibertaoCheeseSlice 5 votes
Fifa 13
1%
ManutelliWFCBagnall 2 votes
Fifa 12
0%

Comments

• Azof
    16445 posts World Class
    I look forward to seeing the same poll in 12 months in regards to 20.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16703 posts World Class
    Yes
    Azof wrote: »

Nah this year has been atrocious
  • Scutch
    10526 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes

I'm finding it perversely refreshing that most of the guys who said Fifa 19 would be terrible pre-release are saying Fifa 20 has a lot of positives going for it. So I'm half expecting a decent game. For my sins.

Those guys like Inception, Kurt, NickFUT etc. all praising the new game.
  • Joestoe
    4716 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Yup, it's been for me. Not only the countless errors content wise, but the sheer amount of glitches and errors in the gameplay was just unheard of. Combine it with the tons of server breakdowns and the complete absence of communication on EA's part, this was just a robbery.

How they still have not fixed errors that have been in the game for 3-4 years, it's mind-boggling. This year was just too much to be acceptable.
  • Shaanxz
    20328 posts Club Captain
    Fifa 16
    Fifa 16 was woeful. Never stopped playing a fifa so early
  • Pugzilla
    15877 posts World Class
    Yes
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Fifa 16 was woeful. Never stopped playing a fifa so early

Shut your pirate hooker mouth 16 was the best FIFA.

• Orison
    47809 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Fifa 17
    Worse content, horrible gameplay, 40 games of WL, no thank you.
  • Finesse_4days
    6916 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 5
    Yes
    Gameplay wise by far the worst, mindless exploits meant that it was almost an insult to call it a football game, flick up crosses and tornado crosses, inconsistent gameplay, croqueta spams and 30 yard volleys, LB back post crosses to the wide cam in a 4231 or 4222 forcing you to need to play someone like Tots Militao or VVD fullback were all pure aids.
  • RadioShaq
    14902 posts Moderator
    Lby years were the worst.
  • Fifafuthed
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes
    Yeah definitely was the most frustrating Fifa. Been playing since 06 and first time I've ever sold the game half way through the year.
    Looking forward to Fifa 20 with fingers crossed.
    I think the key to enjoying Fifa is not taking it to seriously and staying true to yourself playing your brand of football and using the players you like regardless of results.

• Finesse_4days
    edited September 5
    Yes
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Lby years were the worst.

far better and more realistic than this years meta, were much easier to defend than croquettas or Cross abuse.
  • RadioShaq
    14902 posts Moderator
    I dunno how realistic I would call instant lobs from cbs while defenders stutter stepped so pace bronze or silver players could blow by only to run a circle around the keeper to put the ball in goal.
  • Joestoe
    4716 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    I dunno how realistic I would call instant lobs from cbs while defenders stutter stepped so pace bronze or silver players could blow by only to run a circle around the keeper to put the ball in goal.

Almost as unrealistic as doing an el tornado with nobody around you, which causes your cross to be 4 times as effective, allowing your striker a simple header because the defender who marks him doesn't know how to lock onto the ball.
  • M98H
    12732 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    For me personally, I still haven’t pre ordered Fifa 20 (every other year I’ve done it straight away) and really don’t miss the game.
    19 in terms of gameplay was the worst imo.
  • RealM
    5317 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 5
    Game has it's flaws but it's the people you play against that ruin it for me. Playing against friends can be fun regardless of what is wrong with the game, but everyone plays like someone is pointing a gun at them.

Problem is there isn't a casual UT game mode. It's all win at all costs for rewards.
  • WFCBagnall
    69625 posts Moderator
    Fifa 13
    People will say 19 is the worst because they expect too much from it and because it's the most recent.

Yes it's had its mistakes, but to say it's worse than Fifa 13? That game had literally nothing to do on it.
  • Orison
    Fifa 17
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    People will say 19 is the worst because they expect too much from it and because it's the most recent.

Yes it's had its mistakes, but to say it's worse than Fifa 13? That game had literally nothing to do on it.

First game to introduce divisions, wasn't it? 5 divs only back in the day.
  • RadioShaq
    14902 posts Moderator
    I had to look at an older video but looks like it was only 5 but yeah there wasn’t much content back in the earlier ones either.
  • Azof
    16445 posts World Class

I don't recall people complaining about the content on the old games until the new games with sbcs/wl/draft
  • RadioShaq
    14902 posts Moderator
    People complained about being bored and needing something on the older fifas. Now people are complaining that it’s 10 months in and ea isn’t pumping out new content all the time. People would lose their minds if the content was like older fifas.
  • Orison
    Fifa 17
    People complained about being bored and needing something on the older fifas. Now people are complaining that it’s 10 months in and ea isn’t pumping out new content all the time. People would lose their minds if the content was like older fifas.

True, but also nothing special.

It's 2019, gaming has moved on. Fifa is still stuck in 2010 for a lot of things which is sad.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13760 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifa 18
    18 was horrific
  • Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    No chance 19 is the worst, one point the whole economy was broken and made the game unplayable
  • Adrian095
    33941 posts National Team Captain
    Fifa 14 and 15 was absolutely shocking.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9332 posts League Winner
    Yes
    It’s the one I’ve enjoyed the least for sure.
  • Tof33z
    6480 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa 18
    18 was terrible
  • WFCBagnall
    69625 posts Moderator
    Fifa 13

I don't recall people complaining about the content on the old games until the new games with sbcs/wl/draft

Because that it what it has become. With content, you want it to be constant and for it to get better as time goes on.

You can't be releasing sbcs in July for a mixed players pack as a lone sbc for the only content over the space of a three day period and not expect people complaining.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3039 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Voted yes but I take it back. Only the worst gameplay wise. Content wise it's the best by far.
  • Finesse_4days
    edited September 5
    Yes
    Voted yes but I take it back. Only the worst gameplay wise. Content wise it's the best by far.

Gameplay is the most important thing, I would rather have no content and no promos apart from Toty and Tots with great gameplay than loads of special cards to use with on a game with awful gameplay.
  • Chubbs
    14277 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifa 18
    17 and 18 were far worse than 19 imo