Fifa 19 - what was the worst moment this year??

Royboy
740 posts Semi-Pro
Just so EA learns this time... It seemed that gameplay or delays were the biggest issue, but these were continuing issues. Let’s talk about which moment EA may want never happened.

1) PIM release - I get the idea but the sudden release of PIMs left everyone who did prime icon SBCs behind and made them furious. This was not so necessary nor was wanted by the users at all.

2) Corey’s tweet - Corey, who is a manager in global community, tweeted one day trying to make an excuse for some glitches or errors in content (iirc) by saying EA is a company of 30k folks and the process requires numerous approvals. This led the users to thinking that such employees he mentioned are not doing their jobs right rather than to excusing them for possibly understandable situations which Corey probably wanted.

3) back to the future - this took place recently where some users lost their players they gained within two weeks. It looks like all the players are back in the club now, but it seemed frustrating to those who made lots of progress in this time hoping to be able to play some high end players in such limited time.

4) timed fitness shot addition - this year EA introduced a new method to score a goal - timed fitness shot - but they had to take it down not even a halfway through the fifa 19 year. This mechanic was abused by many players and every game had some ridiculous goals.

5) any other moments you can think of...

Comments

• Jobiwan
    3344 posts National Call-Up
    Has to be the upgrade sbcs for pim best etc. Didn't even do it myself but it was absolutely scandalous. The prime icons were valued at 100k or some **** after costing a fortune to do. Felt really bad for everyone that did them it was horrendous and shows the contempt the company has for it's loyal customers.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    12121 posts Has That Special Something
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    Has to be the upgrade sbcs for pim best etc. Didn't even do it myself but it was absolutely scandalous. The prime icons were valued at 100k or some **** after costing a fortune to do. Felt really bad for everyone that did them it was horrendous and shows the contempt the company has for it's loyal customers.

This.
  • serrer7
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    PIM
    In that day my decision about fifa20 was made 😄
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Same here. Didn’t do a single SBC for prime icons but felt bad for those who invested
  • Ishibum
    12991 posts Has That Special Something
    Jobiwan wrote: »

Totally this. Done those peeps that done Best and co dirty as hell.
  • Ishibum
    Royboy wrote: »
    Just so EA learns this time... It seemed that gameplay or delays were the biggest issue, but these were continuing issues. Let’s talk about which moment EA may want never happened.

1) PIM release - I get the idea but the sudden release of PIMs left everyone who did prime icon SBCs behind and made them furious. This was not so necessary nor was wanted by the users at all.

2) Corey’s tweet - Corey, who is a manager in global community, tweeted one day trying to make an excuse for some glitches or errors in content (iirc) by saying EA is a company of 30k folks and the process requires numerous approvals. This led the users to thinking that such employees he mentioned are not doing their jobs right rather than to excusing them for possibly understandable situations which Corey probably wanted.

3) back to the future - this took place recently where some users lost their players they gained within two weeks. It looks like all the players are back in the club now, but it seemed frustrating to those who made lots of progress in this time hoping to be able to play some high end players in such limited time.

4) timed fitness shot addition - this year EA introduced a new method to score a goal - timed fitness shot - but they had to take it down not even a halfway through the fifa 19 year. This mechanic was abused by many players and every game had some ridiculous goals.

As for point 2, I don't blame him for the failings that went on. His tweet backfired spectacularly but mistakes can happen there. The bigger issue for me is the lack of oversight regarding release management and change. So many easily avoidable mistakes point to a culture problem within the company and an overall lack of process.
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Ishibum wrote: »

As for point 2, I don't blame him for the failings that went on. His tweet backfired spectacularly but mistakes can happen there. The bigger issue for me is the lack of oversight regarding release management and change. So many easily avoidable mistakes point to a culture problem within the company and an overall lack of process.

I totally get your point and even Corey’s point as I mentioned that’s the message he wanted to deliver. But to me, his tweet shows a great lack of responsibility. The bigger the size of the company is, the less these mistakes should happen - but he was saying the opposite which was that these mistakes happened because the size of the company is large.
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro

I totally get your point and even Corey’s point as I mentioned that’s the message he wanted to deliver. But to me, his tweet shows a great lack of responsibility. The bigger the size of the company is, the less these mistakes should happen - but he was saying the opposite which was that these mistakes happened because the size of the company is large.

Also, to add to the point of lack of responsibility, in these cases, if you’re at a manager level and making a public announcement (which Twitter is), then I’d expect an apology for mistakes. Instead, Corey’s point was “why don’t you understand? This happens all the time!”, which I personally believed was arrogant, irresponsible, and unprofessional.
  • Grown93
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    The worst? put this trash for sale in beta state
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Grown93 wrote: »

Lol I knew this was coming
  • Ishibum

Also, to add to the point of lack of responsibility, in these cases, if you’re at a manager level and making a public announcement (which Twitter is), then I’d expect an apology for mistakes. Instead, Corey’s point was “why don’t you understand? This happens all the time!”, which I personally believed was arrogant, irresponsible, and unprofessional.

Huge difference between the 'tech guys' and the 'sales guys'. Half the time, one don't know what the other are doing. We're basically saying the same though. As an outsider looking in, it looked like they were winging it and there was zero oversight, zero peer checks, and zero accountability. Not a good look for a company pushing a product with the kind of turnover FIFA has.
  • Grown93
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Grown93 wrote: »

Lol I knew this was coming

Somebody got to do it :trollface:
  • D0lvl
    1806 posts Play-Off Hero
    PIM promo and subsequent icon sbcs.

Lack of communication with issues i.e. some WL outages, sbc screwups, twitch packs

Not releasing Ligue1 POTY and YPOTY sbc - would've loved a POTY/tots Mbappe ala VVD.

Releasing 4th league sbc players too little and too late.

Unworthy Flashback sbc players like Rabiot

Ridiculously low pack weights during promos

The scam that is guaranteed TOTS SBC aka more like GK TOTS SBC.
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1400 posts Play-Off Hero
    Player Pick Icons :D
  • CaseyAnthony
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Outside of everything mentioned- the biggest tragedy to me is the fact that EA did not do a significant gameplay update after February....The game itself had not even been out for 6 months and EA already stopped fully supporting it.
  • leon1309
    4208 posts National Call-Up
    Outside of everything mentioned- the biggest tragedy to me is the fact that EA did not do a significant gameplay update after February....The game itself had not even been out for 6 months and EA already stopped fully supporting it.

This.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5746 posts Big Money Move
    They never nerfed la croqueta.
  • Primofusion
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is the first fifa where I stopped playing for over 6 months, it was that bad on release.
  • FifaProDK
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 5
    PIM GATE/missing commentary.

What is a timed fitness shot?
  • Staxdoobie
    996 posts Professional
    D0lvl wrote: »
    The scam that is guaranteed TOTS SBC aka more like GK TOTS SBC.

Got to agree with this. The guaranteed TOTS SBCs from the major leagues were an absolute disgrace, and the regular polls on here made it abundantly clear just how much they were deliberately taking the rise out of their own customers. When you consider the fun we had just a few weeks later with batches 1 to 3, why the hell were they dishing out goalkeepers and trash so freely in the guaranteed packs? One last cash grab for them, I guess. But it stunk.
  • OZero
    5537 posts Big Money Move
    In terms of gameplay it must be the timed shots, especially the first timed. Literally all are broken.

Regarding the whole FUT mode it must be the handling of icons. PIM ****. Yea icons are massively overpriced due to low packweight and those who touch them would get a loss. It’s still “marginally acceptable”. But the PIM fiasco, wow, just punish everyone in game. And the worst part is in fact it didn’t help to solve the problem. **** icons and still **** even if they are upgraded to PIM. So the idea is a total **** up.
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    PIM GATE/missing commentary.

What is a timed fitness shot?

It means if you time it right your player restores stamina..... lol sorry for the typo