FIFA 20 : TOTY Prediction Thread

P1tch_1nvaderz88
13746 posts Has That Special Something
edited September 4
Since 19 is over. Thought we could all have some fun and share our predictions /opinions on TOTY for fifa 20....

For me personally :

GK : Alisson
LB : Robertson
CB : VVD
CB : De Ligt
RB : Trent Arnold

LM : Hazard
CM : De Jong
CM : Erikson
RM : S.Mane

ST : Messi
ST : C.Ronaldo

What would yours look like?

442.png

Comments

• Djkhalid1921
    9380 posts League Winner
    5 Liverpool players and they still lost the league? 🥴
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    12121 posts Has That Special Something
    Since 19 is over. Thought we could all have some fun and share our predictions /opinions on TOTY for fifa 20....

For me personally :

GK : Alisson
    LB : Robertson
    CB : VVD
    CB : De Ligt
    RB : Trent Arnold

LM : Hazard
    CM : De Jong
    CM : Erikson
    RM : S.Mane

ST : Messi
    ST : C.Ronaldo

What would yours look like?

442.png

5 Liverpool players? A team that hasn't ever even won the Premier League that they play in. Behave yourself 😂
  • Gnomenclature
    3971 posts National Call-Up
    How does EA base their decision? Considering toty comes out in the middle of the season... Do they recognize the season prior too?
  • freakjas
    6521 posts Big Money Move
    How does EA base their decision? Considering toty comes out in the middle of the season... Do they recognize the season prior too?

I mean yeah, modric won the balon d‘or cause he had a phenomenal season. It didn‘t matter too much that the whole madrid team played awful in the new season.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9380 posts League Winner

In the past it was FIFPRO XI but now EA does a voting thing where they let youtubers and others streamers vote then they “add their own vote” how they base their own vote, no one knows.
  • Gnomenclature
    3971 posts National Call-Up
    freakjas wrote: »

I mean yeah, modric won the balon d‘or cause he had a phenomenal season. It didn‘t matter too much that the whole madrid team played awful in the new season.

True. It must be based more on calender year rather than season... Maybe international performances are included in the decision making?
  • WarrenBarton
    8347 posts League Winner
    I’m not saying that Sterling will make it but it would be criminal if Hazard got there ahead of him
  • Lackosweat
    6068 posts Big Money Move
    Anw Mbappe will be the 12th TOTY player.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    The squad above was only my opinion lads... Christ, I'm not picking the squad 😂
  • WFCBagnall
    72011 posts Moderator
    Yhx4OLK.jpg
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Yhx4OLK.jpg

I honestly think Eriksen might sneak in ahead of bernardo, but thats a position I'm just not 100% on.... Good squad that lol
  • sturges12345
    3196 posts National Call-Up
    Sksksk this man said eriksen hahaha> he'll be literally nowhere near
  • Delboy13710
    5269 posts Big Money Move
    For me Sterling has to be in there , I think hes the most improved player in the world right now
  • sturges12345
    3196 posts National Call-Up
    For me Sterling has to be in there , I think hes the most improved player in the world right now

he won't be in there. not because he doesn't deserve it, but because of PR.
    based ont that these players will be ahead of him:
    Hazard Mane Ronaldo Cr7 and salah
  • Alisson, Robertson, VVD, de ligt, Trent, Bernardo Silva, salah, Messi, Sterling, Ronaldo (personally think he shouldn't be over many of the mentions but we all know EA will put him in)

Honorable mentions: Bruno Fernandes, mane, Eriksen, aguero, Hazard, mbappe, de jong,
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1400 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lloris
    De Ligt
    VVD
    Ramos
    Marcelo
    Mbappe
    Salah
    Mane
    Neymar
    Ronaldo
    Messi
  • Jonboyparker
    5310 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 5
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Yhx4OLK.jpg

Has to be this! The only question mark will be over Silva. Could sterling or hazard sneak in? It’s doesn’t have to be a perfect position match. 3 CB’s this year after all.

Either way. I like this a lot

Don’t forget that bonus player if they do it again 🤷‍♂️
  • People are overrating De Ligt and De Jong.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited September 5
    AdrianV wrote: »
    People are overrating De Ligt and De Jong.

Who else is there? Who would challenge them? I’m not saying I am overly amazed by them but not many have stood out in those positions and Ajax have killed it publicly wise this year.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

You can't be serious
  • AdrianV wrote: »

You can't be serious

I'm serious. Sure they are great talents, but to rate them in the top 10 of the best players is a stretch.

Who else is there? Who would challenge them? I’m not saying I am overly amazed by them but not many have stood out in those positions and Ajax have killed it publicly wise this year.

You're right. They are kinda lucky that there aren't that many challengers that stood out this season. A lot of big players underperformed. But still I wouldn't rate Laporte his season worse that Deligt his season?
    People are caught up in the hype of Ajax their great CL campaign and their big transfers. When I watch the Netherlands Deligt never really stands out to me. Not denying that they both had a really good CL tho.
    When people talk about the Ligue 1 they always bring up the term 'farmer's league'. Well, the Eredivisie is a couple of levels below that.
    Both of them haven't started well at their new clubs, so we have to wait how they will adapt.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited September 5

You can't be serious

I'm serious. Sure they are great talents, but to rate them in the top 10 of the best players is a stretch.

You're right. They are kinda lucky that there aren't that many challengers that stood out this season. A lot of big players underperformed. But still I wouldn't rate Laporte his season worse that Deligt his season?
    People are caught up in the hype of Ajax their great CL campaign and their big transfers. When I watch the Netherlands Deligt never really stands out to me. Not denying that they both had a really good CL tho.
    When people talk about the Ligue 1 they always bring up the term 'farmer's league'. Well, the Eredivisie is a couple of levels below that.
    Both of them haven't started well at their new clubs, so we have to wait how they will adapt.

Thats true. A lot is hype and If im honest I jumped on that hype train at one stage. I hadn’t even heard of them before. I guess that’s why they have a chance... hype is what EA love. That’s what gets People paying the cash. That’s my personal reasoning for why I think they will be there, plus the no one else standing out part.
  • Professor
    1659 posts Play-Off Hero

The predictions on rating seem a little high. If De Ligt was to get one he should be 95 tops. Ramos has been the highest rated defender for a few years but has been consistent at the top.
  • WFCBagnall
    72011 posts Moderator
    Professor wrote: »

The predictions on rating seem a little high. If De Ligt was to get one he should be 95 tops. Ramos has been the highest rated defender for a few years but has been consistent at the top.

These Toty cards should be the best cards all year and shouldn't be overlapped by any other card from the same player.

These are also the best players in their position, so they shouldn't be beaten on rating by any other player until atleast Tots.
  • Vaporduff777
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don’t know why but I’d find that prediction disappointing for me. The 3 attackers and van dijk would be mega but couldn’t see myself using the rest. Still a few months to see if it can change.