Gameplay wise what do you think of Fifa 19 as a whole?

Finesse_4days
6916 posts Big Money Move
As Fifa 19 ends I thought it would be interesting to see if the overall consensus is that Fifa 19 was the worst Fifa ever in terms of gameplay or if you found the gameplay decent and other Fifas had worse gameplay. I suspect that most people will have pretty negative views, but it may be slightly skewed by the fact that a lot of people who hated the game will no longer bother coming on here.

Gameplay wise what do you think of Fifa 19 as a whole? 84 votes

Best Fifa Ever
1%
Azof 1 vote
One of the Best I have Played
2%
RadioShaqSellish 2 votes
Good gameplay but with some issues.
16%
RynoRBailssChubbsFifaProDKiSptmnkyPiemanlibertaoWonderfulwestDavistoROCKNROLLA El_NinoKnrdxAlex_crJoeJ96 14 votes
Bang average
16%
RealMBoabdustOrisonShaanxzCrazy Creaky JrWFCBagnalliBarçaBoyRandom JimmyCheetah ThumbsCarlos181FifafuthedThunder001DavvebinganPhilT1808 14 votes
Poor compared to other Fifas
10%
ha032742Bobb ChrisLFCMeanOnSundayPaciga45daviecPezza1984Phil0501cdbuck26 9 votes
One of the worst Fifas
26%
LFC Simon 98DiggyNornIronReusvibemix881AnDrEwThEdOnCarswellMathew1606PAntparry92Meroblastic91SanchezzzzMasscheranoJoestoeROABSPelzyWelzyPrimalhrv97NotEnoughSkillNavraat 22 votes
The worst Fifa ever
26%
EddieFicioCampinoOllemanDan is ClutchPugzillaKurtXxRichiexRichxXPughy30Keanotriggathree sturges12345Fadazzo1690_Ulster_FCFinesse_4daysjocksaltire_67EoindMelkorAintGoodsmokingjoebl0wGrown93Tommo2525 22 votes

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    69626 posts Moderator
    edited September 1
    Bang average
    The fact the biggest issues with the gameplay being La Croqueta's, Flick ups etc weren't even toned down after 15 patches completely ruined what could have actually been a half decent game.

Worst thing is, they have addressed these issues on 20, so why not even attempt to do it on this game when there were over 9 months left on the game when the feedback was given to tone them down? 🤔
  • Finesse_4days
    The worst Fifa ever
    I actually enjoyed it for most of the year despite it being awful just becuase its Fifa and just because Icons can make it fun, but the exploits like El tornado crosses, La croqueta chaining and 30 yard volleys just make it the worst ever gameplay wise for me. Content wise it is probably the best ever Fifa even though they made a lot of errors.
  • Orison
    47810 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Bang average
    Few patches away from being a solid game which is just sad.

About as bad as 17 for me so I'm going for average.
  • Finesse_4days
    The worst Fifa ever
    I was thinking possibly Fifa 16 and 17 could be worse but then I thought of all the aids goals you see on Fifa 19 and decided against it, the fact that in one game after about 30 minutes I had to sub POTY VVD on at Right back for Walker and Futties Savic on at left back for Sandro says it all.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3040 posts National Call-Up
    One of the worst Fifas
    FIFA 12 is the only one worse. Although as I type I might be reconsidering. FIFA 12 at least resembled football. FIFA 19 was truly truly awful.
  • Pughy30
    25729 posts Player of the Year
    The worst Fifa ever
    Worst fifa I've ever played feels like it's actively damaging to your brain cells when you're playing games
  • Antparry92
    17571 posts World Class
    One of the worst Fifas
    Flick ups, la croqueta’s and just generally terrible terrible servers and lags means it’s up there with one of the worst
  • Joestoe
    4718 posts National Call-Up
    One of the worst Fifas
    It was absolutely shocking. It never showed any sign of improvement. Things were happening completely out of your control all the time. For example; tackling 7 times and still concede some kind of bouncy goal. Doing a ball roll and the player hoofs the ball for no single reason. Making an easy pass and instead of your player controlling it, he does a tackle animation and the ball goes between his legs.

Countless upon countless errors and EA never bothered to fix it. Absolutely shocking.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17217 posts World Class
    One of the worst Fifas
    Close between 17 and 19 for worst ever
  • Diggy
    13619 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 1
    One of the worst Fifas
    Keeper movement
    Long range timed finesse
    Above nerfed but didn’t nerf 1st time shots
    Flick up crosses
    La croquetta
    50/50 challenges (I think this is the worst but barely mentioned)
    Mirror contain

These are what make 19 bad 17 was as bad because of crab walking which they are bringing back for 20
  • EddieFicio
    21461 posts Club Captain
    The worst Fifa ever
    Up there with 14
  • Reus
    22448 posts Club Captain
    One of the worst Fifas
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Up there with 14

• WFCBagnall
    69626 posts Moderator
    Bang average
    Up there with 14

13 was alot worse
  • Orison
    47810 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Bang average
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Up there with 14

13 was alot worse

Can confirm.
  • EddieFicio
    21461 posts Club Captain
    edited September 1
    The worst Fifa ever
    Loved 13 as was my first fut from the start.

14 made me snap my disc and quit by toty, worst gameplay ive ever seen.
  • MelkorAintGood
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The worst Fifa ever
    Pre-patch fifa 18 was the best one, fifa 19 IS the worst one.
    Fifa 19 promotes anti-football ideas and makes lesser-skilled players to win. Dropback, la croq spam, first touch shots, flick crosses.. I forgot something?
  • RadioShaq
    14902 posts Moderator
    One of the Best I have Played
    All the newer ones are better than the lby years. Those were unplayable.
  • PhilT1808
    14 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 1
    Bang average
    Too many daft moves in 19 that reduced the realism factor. You just don’t see flicked up crosses and back to back croquetta moves in real football.

That being said, the pace balance was good and better than previous versions where the quick players dominated all.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9333 posts League Winner
    One of the worst Fifas
    14 and 18 were pretty tripe as well.
  • RealM
    5318 posts Big Money Move
    Bang average
    Too many exploits. Still better than every other year though.
  • Fadazzo
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The worst Fifa ever
    Worst ever, by a mile. Unresponsive gameplay, every match felt different and you could only score with BS exploits. All together, the worst game (!) I've ever played.
  • sturges12345
    2983 posts National Call-Up
    The worst Fifa ever
    Remember that this game was released when players could only shoot by side footing the ball. You couldn’t even do power shots for about two weeks. Garbage Garbage game
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    The worst Fifa ever
    The worst ever easily imo
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    One of the worst Fifas
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Up there with 14

13 was alot worse

• lf2009
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dont think the game itself was bad, the users abusing certain things made it impossible to enjoy

• Finesse_4days
    The worst Fifa ever
    lf2009 wrote: »
    Dont think the game itself was bad, the users abusing certain things made it impossible to enjoy

The fact that they were abusable makes the game bad, on every Fifa people have abused cheap ways to score for Fifa 19 there was far too many cheap ways to score and playing realistic football put you at a disadvantage as the game was that bad. I have almost put Fifa 19 out my mind now the Fifa 20 Demo is out and the database is out, I don't want to think about Fifa 19 ever again.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9333 posts League Winner
    One of the worst Fifas

The fact that they were abusable makes the game bad, on every Fifa people have abused cheap ways to score for Fifa 19 there was far too many cheap ways to score and playing realistic football put you at a disadvantage as the game was that bad. I have almost put Fifa 19 out my mind now the Fifa 20 Demo is out and the database is out, I don't want to think about Fifa 19 ever again.

Found anywhere that has IG’s and work rates etc yet? Had a nosey this morning but player rating aside info was quite limited.
  • Finesse_4days
    The worst Fifa ever
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Found anywhere that has IG’s and work rates etc yet? Had a nosey this morning but player rating aside info was quite limited.

Fut head has now, after not having skill moves and work rates yesterday, Fut wiz is the only place that has a Fifa 20 squad builder though. https://www.futhead.com/20/players/?skills=5&bin_platform=ps
  • Finesse_4days
    The worst Fifa ever
    Ousmane Dembele looks very good with the 5* 5* I will definitely try and get him in a team early on.