Connection Advise

Rsscllghn
211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Just looking for a bit of advice from some of the more tech savvy people on the forum.

I've read advise on here before and my connection has improved but still suffer from lag and button delay at times.

I'm not very technologicaly minded. I use a wired connection and I have a static IP address assigned to the PS4. I have opened the recommended ports to this IP address.

Anything else I can do? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

  • FCBlunt
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    Where are you from, roughly, no need for precise locations.

    What’s your download and upload in mbit?
  • Rsscllghn
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm in Ireland. Out in the sticks so my internet is pretty ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

    If I remember correctly my download is about 75mb and upload about 15. Not at home at the minute so can't check.

    Thanks for the reply
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Where are you from, roughly, no need for precise locations.

    What’s your download and upload in mbit?

    What are talking you about? It's an EA servers/netcode problem. And FIFA 20 Will still have this problem.
  • Vix14
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hey
    The problem isn't from your side
    You can't do anything
  • FCBlunt
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    Recoba wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Where are you from, roughly, no need for precise locations.

    What’s your download and upload in mbit?

    What are talking you about? It's an EA servers/netcode problem. And FIFA 20 Will still have this problem.

    No ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Rsscllghn wrote: »
    I'm in Ireland. Out in the sticks so my internet is pretty ****.

    If I remember correctly my download is about 75mb and upload about 15. Not at home at the minute so can't check.

    Thanks for the reply

    There should be plenty of servers in the UK, so I’m wondering if you’re being connected to Germany or NA/SA instead.

    You dont have any lag in any other games, right? I lived “in no where” too, and had an insane connection but still had connection issues. I moved to the city, got a worse connection but I have better gameplay in Fifa for some reason.

    Also, what’s your nat type? If it’s 3, get it switched to 2.

    There’s only so much you can do, there’s a lot of issues with EA’s servers. You can try your best to help yourself by checking up on nattype, and trying not to accept games from oversea players(brazilian nat bagde and the like).

    Do you play home games only or away games? Because I tend to have better connection in my away games for some weird reason.
  • Devers
    7700 posts League Winner
    I get the same, and im not far from the servers in galway.

    Every other game works flawless.

    Its EA and there cheap corner cutting money pinching tactics.

    The servers they have are just crap basically
  • Rsscllghn
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nat type 2. Play home and away. Thanks for the help guys will just have to accept that it is what it is.

    Thought there might be something further I could do.
Sign In or Register to comment.