• ORANGEeffect05
    20414 posts Club Captain
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    I was one of the individuals who actually did the Gelson Martins OTW SBC

F
  • Paciga45
    3546 posts National Call-Up
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Pretty much all my icon SBCs were a mistake. Hierro very early was unnecessary for a RTG. Ballack too. Petit for 1.8m ish a week before Vieira was released.

But I think not getting a decent red for 3 months from TOTS onwards was my biggest issue. So discouraged to lose to team after team with good reds and I’m sat there with a Telles wondering were are my good players.

The Telles TOTS was a great card. What madness are you talking about?
  • Pugzilla
    15852 posts World Class
    edited August 30
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    Pretty much all my icon SBCs were a mistake. Hierro very early was unnecessary for a RTG. Ballack too. Petit for 1.8m ish a week before Vieira was released.

But I think not getting a decent red for 3 months from TOTS onwards was my biggest issue. So discouraged to lose to team after team with good reds and I’m sat there with a Telles wondering were are my good players.

Yeah he was ok. 5-10 players of his skill level and also Telles with his horrible links. Didn’t get any meta attacker or midfielder in 3 months. I’m not going to be excited for my Telles dude sorry.

• Libguy
    4763 posts National Call-Up

Yeah he was ok. 5-10 players of his skill level and also Telles with his horrible links. Didn’t get any meta attacker or midfielder in 3 months. I’m not going to be excited for my Telles dude sorry.

It’s the Icon SBCs you need to rein in next year. Be a bit more liquid.

Somebody like Cannavaro only exists so guys on the forum can sit there with a snifter of brandy and a pipe, looking down their noses at us while explaining “If you defend the proper way, the fact that Cannavaro is technically a little person doesn’t really matter. But, whatever, you brutes - continue playing with your VVDs and your *snorts* Militaos.”

In fact, within the next ten minutes, somebody is going to explain to me that, actually, Cannavaro is quite good if you know how to use him.
  • EddieFicio
    21407 posts Club Captain
    Libguy wrote: »

It’s the Icon SBCs you need to rein in next year. Be a bit more liquid.

Somebody like Cannavaro only exists so guys on the forum can sit there with a snifter of brandy and a pipe, looking down their noses at us while explaining “If you defend the proper way, the fact that Cannavaro is technically a little person doesn’t really matter. But, whatever, you brutes - continue playing with your VVDs and your *snorts* Militaos.”

In fact, within the next ten minutes, somebody is going to explain to me that, actually, Cannavaro is quite good if you know how to use him.

giphy.gif
  • Libguy

Okay, you may have a point here

E2-A42574-E30-F-49-BC-8-ECC-1-A07-C03-FFEC4.jpg
  • EddieFicio
    21407 posts Club Captain
    Bocanegra would be good with Cannavaro
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    No ragrets as such, but when I say no more pointless SBCs I should stick to it! Ok I'm not as bad as I was on FIFA 18 but I still get sucked in by that fear of missing out.

In FIFA 18 I had 30+ kits and 40+ special cards that have never seen the light of day just because I wanted to complete the SBC 'just in case' I'd have a need for them. This year I didn't do any kit ones and only did player SBCs that fitted into my team at the time. Stupid thing is I still have a SBC Falcao in my club because I planned on doing a past and present team, I have that futmas KDB because I was running a bizarre bpl/United/icon mess of a team. I promptly replaced him with futswap Zaha a short time later. Worse thing is I always justify it by saying "oh but I haven't spent real money on the game or I did it all with untradeables etc."
  • James Libby
    5223 posts Big Money Move
    Isn't it "ragerts"?

My biggest mistake was not doing the Eusebio SBC earlier. I knew he would end up as Henry's strike partner the first time I tried him in November. Then I waited all the way till the end of TOTS to do his SBC. By that time, I was done with WL and had waning horn for the game. I also probably would have performed a lot better in those WLs if I had had him - overall, it wasn't worth saving all that coin in untradeables like I convinced myself.

Then again, all of this came to be because of the gawddamn PIMs. It EA had let well enough alone, my entire year could have been different.

Watch them pull the same **** next year.
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Timed finishing.

Soon to be a fifa20 regret.
  • Orison
    47695 posts FIFA Cover Star

Is his rtg first owner? Because you can have the worst packluck on planet earth, you should have been able to buy a meta team still.
  • EddieFicio
    21407 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »

Is his rtg first owner? Because you can have the worst packluck on planet earth, you should have been able to buy a meta team still.

Its not but he did Figo, Hierro and Petit (probably others as well) when they came out :#
  • Orison
    EddieFicio wrote: »

Its not but he did Figo, Hierro and Petit (probably others as well) when they came out :#

That's like 6 months ago still. You had a whole tots to build up coins.
  • EddieFicio
    21407 posts Club Captain

With gold rewards lel
  • Campino
    26903 posts Player of the Year
    Not stopping playing sooner

I’ve felt liberated these last 6-8 weeks, it’s crazy how much I didn’t realise the impact it has on time in my everyday life
  • Orison

With gold rewards lel

6 months of gold 2 and rank 3 in rivals is still like 2mil in coins alone. Add to that all the packs, maybe some trading (he must have got a few mil beforehand as well after all) and also all the special cards in packs during futties.

He should have had enough to buy a full meta team when everything crashed during futties. Maybe not tots cr7 and Neymar, but basically everything else.
  • Libguy

With gold rewards lel

6 months of gold 2 and rank 3 in rivals is still like 2mil in coins alone. Add to that all the packs, maybe some trading (he must have got a few mil beforehand as well after all) and also all the special cards in packs during futties.

He should have had enough to buy a full meta team when everything crashed during futties. Maybe not tots cr7 and Neymar, but basically everything else.

His team was pretty top tier until TOTS when literal sentient trash cans were getting handed free Neymars and Ronaldos left and right.

I don’t think he was particularly liquid during the mega crash, but most of us who were it was probably down to dumb luck or being super rich. I don’t think anybody saw a crash that huge happening. I bought Auba and Havertz for ~1.2 combined, but it was just luck that I didn’t buy Havertz for 1.4 when that seemed like an incredible bargain.
  • Orison

With gold rewards lel

His team was pretty top tier until TOTS when literal sentient trash cans were getting handed free Neymars and Ronaldos left and right.

I don’t think he was particularly liquid during the mega crash, but most of us who were it was probably down to dumb luck or being super rich. I don’t think anybody saw a crash that huge happening. I bought Auba and Havertz for ~1.2 combined, but it was just luck that I didn’t buy Havertz for 1.4 when that seemed like an incredible bargain.

Even if you weren't liquid, not having an absolute meta team despite playing every WL has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of good reds. That's your fault.

Most people are missing a red Neymar or CR7, it's not like they got handed out for free to everyone lol. And the other top reds were cheap as chips at some point. Who cares about red TAA or red Da Costa when TOTS Da Costa was 30k at one point during futties. Just buy him as an improvement.
  • Orison
    edited September 2

Neither Vieira nor Ruud were necessities for WL this year. Ofc nice to have Ruud, but Aouar and Goretzka would have done the same job.

I don't even know how low something like this got during futties. Maybe 2Mil without the icons. That would have basically been your coins from WL/rivals and then all reds and extras into Ruud and Euse SBCs, anyone who played WL should have been able to not be stuck with TAA, Marquinhos and what not.
    23c2cee389f2252012740665799601a8.png

Removed quote ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Libguy
    The team I’m playing with now is the most meta.

F yeah it is

301-F22-FC-F721-4987-B70-B-2-F590-DD8-EA89.jpg
  • Cadey 5
    10386 posts Has That Special Something
    Well I’ve played 4 games of WL and played red Neymar twice and red Ronaldo once. The icon SBCs that I chose hurt the most. Dumping 1.8 into Petit when Vieira was dropped a week later, then having to play against Vieira every week and Petit not surprisingly getting out played. Then never getting anything other than a 30k 90 rated SBC piece from rewards for 3 months. And the thing that Lib hasn’t mentioned but is big is I basically stopped playing rivals and grinding the rewards. If I had done that I could have had a lot more coins.

TLDR German nerd can say this or that but he is a moron anyway Lib so save your breath.

Neither Vieira nor Ruud were necessities for WL this year. Ofc nice to have Ruud, but Aouar and Goretzka would have done the same job.

I don't even know how low something like this got during futties. Maybe 2Mil without the icons. That would have basically been your coins from WL/rivals and then all reds and extras into Ruud and Euse SBCs, anyone who played WL should have been able to not be stuck with TAA, Marquinhos and what not.
    23c2cee389f2252012740665799601a8.png

VVD stayed around a mil for most of Futties 2 mil might be a stretch ;)
  • ChrisLFC
    7033 posts Big Money Move

Who was your best attacker and midfielder? @Pugzilla
  • Pugzilla
    15852 posts World Class
    @ChrisLFC probably Papu Gomez for attacker and Emre Can for midfield.
  • CovLee_Candice
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    Wasting time and money for this garbage game
  • Moiizer
    6008 posts Big Money Move
    Same as last year....to many SBCs done. I waste so many coins on them.
  • Azof
    16398 posts World Class
    Moiizer wrote: »

Surely you will change your ways this year :trollface:
  • Moiizer
    6008 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »
    Moiizer wrote: »

Surely you will change your ways this year :trollface:

Ill say i will but i wont
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    No ragrets........ Never bought it 😂

My man. Good to see you still here @Hippyboy6

Only popped back to see if it was looking good for FIFA 20, I've seen enough threads to keep me playing PES next year 😂