Latest patch made the game unplayable?

BlackFridayRule
1598 posts Play-Off Hero
I only play offline. I only play SB.
I played in early August, but havnt played since then. Started fifa again yesterday and although im still at elite 1 it seems so much harder. The ball is bouncing all over the place, i cant get the ball around the opposition.
Generally speaking i dribble using the stick, no skilling, just moving around to open up space for a pass or a shot, and that doesn’t work anymore. The ball always sticks on the defender.

I got my butt handed to me by 90+ rated teams on pro. Used to beat them easily on legendary.

Also the game seems sluggish.

So, is this the new and also last patch? Or did a lose all feeling for the game during my close to a month hiatus?

Comments

• Invincibility
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    I'm playing wired online div. Rivals and the lag is insane today and the past weekend..
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    I dunno, servers are just spazzing out, I think.

I had some great gameplay last week, now I feel the delay.
  • I'm impressed you can stand playing sb, it's the biggest cheating mode in fifa
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    It felt off yesterday as well. But maybe its just some lag then. Weird that it should effect offline play, but it is ea, so wouldn't surprise me
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    It felt off yesterday as well. But maybe its just some lag then. Weird that it should effect offline play, but it is ea, so wouldn't surprise me

The thing with FUT is you're always connected to the servers. So even when playing offline modes like SB you still get delayed and unresponsive gameplay because of the poor servers.

• BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Could be, but it feels more like something off with the physics.
    Finesse shots are different, but that only took a few games to adjust to.
    But the ball bouncing away and never at players feet so the ai can snatch it up just by looking your way is new.
    But could just be in my head.
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Huh... Feels normal today.
    Could it actually have been lag for 2 days?
    I have never experienced it before.

Odd...
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2019
    Gameplay has been woeful for me for two months now, especially in rivals where every game bar none suffered from rampant delay.

Strangely though last night and early this morning it’s been the best I’ve experienced in a long while. Actually responsive and for the most part enjoyable. Even rivals.

Can only imagine if I’m getting half decent gameplay some other poor sod is now suffering from what I was before though :joy:
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Haha... Well its been good for me the whole year. I figured that since i only play offline i get no lag. But monday and tuesday was horrible. The game felt completely broken.
    Now its back to normal and im 4-0 up on legendary after 30 min and it flows really well
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    Tried rivals last and turned it off. 5 yard passes with 1 bar power and the ball just bounced off the receiver.

Heavy sprint touches for no reason.

Had no control over my players at all
  • leon1309
    4419 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2019
    Since patch everything seems off for me aswell (even in menues). Did the last objective and it was such a pain to do, since according to EA i dont have a team of football Players, but todlers that fall down when the ball hits them, that i decided to Just delete the game alltogether...now just to figure out how to delete the forum and i am set :)
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    The game has been sluggish and delayed since October and will continue in FIFA 20. Nothing new here 😂
  • leon1309
    4419 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2019
    While that is true...the delay and bs factor is on completely new level latelly (after un-patch).