Anybody planning to play 19 after 20 is released?

Tasch
258 posts Sunday League Hero
As above. Guess I’m gonna stick by 19 until I see a honest review of 20, if there is going to be one.

Comments

• deang07
    8045 posts League Winner
    ill give u a review now m8 , 20 is better than the garbage of 19 ( beta player).
    if u like 19 that much that u could play it for another yr tho i dont think ul like 20 much because u must love ai help and abs bs mechanics .
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    deang07 wrote: »
    ill give u a review now m8 , 20 is better than the garbage of 19 ( beta player).
    if u like 19 that much that u could play it for another yr tho i dont think ul like 20 much because u must love ai help and abs bs mechanics .

Is it really better though? I played around 200 games of the beta and tbh I don't feel it's that much better to warrant paying £50 for.

With the delayed and unresponsive gameplay all the new features are irrelevant.
    Tasch wrote: »
    As above. Guess I’m gonna stick by 19 until I see a honest review of 20, if there is going to be one.

I'm sticking with 19 as 20 is basically a bad update but I've pre ordered the new COD and will be mainly playing it but if I want a few games of football I will jump onto 19.

Couldn't think of anything worse than putting myself through another year of delayed and unresponsive gameplay.
  • Tasch

No, I dont like the ai help, and I dont need them. I dont abuse the mechanics, and I quit if I see sequences of la croquettas or the scoop up cross. If 20 is going to be just a little better than 19, I dont want to waste 60$ on an update.

• Toonleew
    2174 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa 20 is fifa 19.1. No effort out into it whatsoever. Pro evo for me first. Fifa I. The Christmas sale.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1413 posts Professional

We mustve had completely different betas then, the one i tested was a copy n paste 19 with new colors, a severe downgrade to squad building and sbcs, same faulty servers (even worse considering the traffic through them), a heavily assisted free kick and penalties for those that dont know how to take aim properly and their claim chained skill moves was a blatant lie 🤷‍♂️
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

We mustve had completely different betas then, the one i tested was a copy n paste 19 with new colors, a severe downgrade to squad building and sbcs, same faulty servers (even worse considering the traffic through them), a heavily assisted free kick and penalties for those that dont know how to take aim properly and their claim chained skill moves was a blatant lie 🤷‍♂️

I definitely had the same beta as you mate 😂
  • Mmandras
    1776 posts Play-Off Hero
    Of course not, what's the point.
  • Glofy20
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I didn't buy fifa 19 after playing my 10 hour trial and managed to stay strong throughout and didn't play it again until it became free to play on access. I played fifa 18 all year to get my football fix, (didn't struggle to find opponents as much as I thought I would) hopefully it will be the same this year. Anyone contemplating not buying fifa 20 should realise it takes strong will power, especially if you've played every year since 2009 roughly, but it's possible if you want to make a stand against a game you care about going in the wrong direction.
  • FCBlunt
    1953 posts Fans' Favourite
    Naaah, WoW Classic will be out any minute and it will keep me occupied till’ FF7 releases.

I just need that remake in my life, like rn.
    Only thing that would make me buy 20, would be plenty of positive reviews even after first patch. I’ll happily take my words back, I just want the game to bd good tbh. I just dont trust it.
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

Is it really better though? I played around 200 games of the beta and tbh I don't feel it's that much better to warrant paying £50 for.

I'm sticking with 19 as 20 is basically a bad update but I've pre ordered the new COD and will be mainly playing it but if I want a few games of football I will jump onto 19.

Couldn't think of anything worse than putting myself through another year of delayed and unresponsive gameplay.

Plan to do the same are you Xbox or PS4 ?
  • Dazzler179
    1145 posts Professional
    I’m going to give PES a go first, if it’s rubbish I’ll keep with 19 to get my football fix when I’m not playing other games. My focus this year is to play less football games and more other stuff, especially on my switch which I’ve hardly touched since I bought it at Christmas.
  • Recoba
    3586 posts National Call-Up
    @Tasch

Why would you play the worst game ever? You are smarter than that.
  • apoelfc
    85 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I will wait for reviews also and maybe a sale if I end up buying it... Probably I'll wait for next gen though..
  • BlackFridayRule
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am... But just played a game for the first time in two weeks... And... W... T... F?

Why has pace, agility, passing and dribbling been nerfed?

Just had giggs get chased down by ashley young on a clean break!... Side steping and passing.. Pass still sticks on opponent. Dribble? Forget about it, players have the ball too far away from their feet to trick anyone.

Is this a thing to get me to buy fifa 20?

I have never experienced such difference in gameplay before
  • Tasch
    Recoba wrote: »
    @Tasch

Why would you play the worst game ever? You are smarter than that.

Agree that this is one of the worst games ever. I need my football fix, thats all. I’m not a PES player either. Might give Football Manager a go. Time consuming, yes! But not as frustrating.

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    AlbinoXI wrote: »

Plan to do the same are you Xbox or PS4 ?

@AlbinoXI PS4 mate.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 26
    Fifa 20 is 25% better than 19 IMO. But I’m going to assume after the initial release they will patch they will revert it to fifa 19. My
    Main reason for saying it’s 25% better is it’s less abusable. So at the very least it will be 19 with less people using cheap exploits.
  • Ishibum
    12262 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm uninstalling to make space for Wreckfest
  • Invincibility
    3437 posts National Call-Up
    Think many will.. Cards will skyrocket in price
  • Covkilla91mob
    230 posts Sunday League Hero

Lol 20 better game and as your getting cod a failed franchise over last few titles ,your forgiving them not fifa ? Lol
  • Covkilla91mob
    Getting 20 100% played 19 after 20 beta stopped then noticed so much difference in the right way played 100s of games online on clubs and fut.

Pro clubs now you team won't be bored from playing against crossing every game lol.
    Rip to all them spammers and crossing noobs
  • D0lvl
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have a little OCD with updated rosters. Goes back to my Madden background.

I won't be playing fifa 19 when fifa 20 drops.
  • Covkilla91mob

Yes if anyone likes 19 over 20 there probs into crossing from any angle and don't like football as it's had 0 skill in 19 to play but abuse

I think most who played 19 style will be bronze 1 on sliver 2 Max.

With 20 atleast football is possible as 19 and football can't be in same sentence.
  • Covkilla91mob
    Fifa 20 is 25% better than 19 IMO. But I’m going to assume after the initial release they will patch they will revert it to fifa 19. My
    Main reason for saying it’s 25% better is it’s less abusable. So at the very least it will be 19 with less people using cheap exploits.

We all worry about patch but even 19 was bad after so many updates and atleast 20 we want concede crossing each time you play clubs or and overhead kicks from all angles
  • D0lvl
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    When I first played fifa 20 beta using fifa 19 playstyle, I wasn't having much success in scoring etc. Once i went back to playing 'football' and not some arcade interpretation I found a better gameplay experience with fifa20.

Now, all this is dependent on EA servers. If it's crap gameplay, then I'll have the same sour taste as I do now with fifa19.

Also, I think it'll be a matter of time till the pros find out the meta way of scoring.
  • Markman007
    2638 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ll prob continue to play 19 as I really like the teams I built this year, but I’m gonna buy the new PES instead of Fifa. I really enjoyed the PES demo.
  • Covkilla91mob
    D0lvl wrote: »
    When I first played fifa 20 beta using fifa 19 playstyle, I wasn't having much success in scoring etc. Once i went back to playing 'football' and not some arcade interpretation I found a better gameplay experience with fifa20.

Now, all this is dependent on EA servers. If it's crap gameplay, then I'll have the same sour taste as I do now with fifa19.

Also, I think it'll be a matter of time till the pros find out the meta way of scoring.

Each fifa had meta but 19 was no skill at all

17 and 18 allowed driven shots in good area to go in .

Also long shots vs park the bus was good and made manulal defence mandotory.

19 caters bad players and 50/50 keeps noobs in the chance of getting the ball from 0 inputs or reads.

If we have 20 stay how it is and few fixes we get a football game with football meta.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    edited August 26

Lol 20 better game and as your getting cod a failed franchise over last few titles ,your forgiving them not fifa ? Lol

I only started playing COD this year when blackout was released and haven't had any connection issues and gameplay has been very enjoyable so why wouldn't I buy the new title?

As for FIFA it's been on a downhill slope since FIFA 17 with the delayed and unresponsive gameplay getting worse each year and gameplay isn't one bit enjoyable.

Can you maybe see now why I'm buying COD and not FIFA?

Probably not though as you're the number 1 EA fanboy sure, they can do no wrong in your eyes 😂
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    D0lvl wrote: »

Each fifa had meta but 19 was no skill at all

17 and 18 allowed driven shots in good area to go in .

Also long shots vs park the bus was good and made manulal defence mandotory.

19 caters bad players and 50/50 keeps noobs in the chance of getting the ball from 0 inputs or reads.

If we have 20 stay how it is and few fixes we get a football game with football meta.

Have never seen anyone as deluded in my whole life 😂
  • I don't know how people do it. Like I understand that you have probably invested a lot of time into building your team and club but my god nothing is better than when a new FUT is first released, the forums are more lively, everyone is hyped because it is fresh and new. I could never imagine myself to carry on playing a FIFA I've played for a year when a new one has just been released.