For what reason are you NOT buying 20?

Comments

• torakun
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    The S word.. I had enough ever since childhood playing rubber band racing game and being dictated by AI. But in this day and age, where intelligent AI is being searched and praised, and then EA, on the other hand.. does things like making my hard earnedmaradona/eusebio plays and moves like a toddler eventhough just 5secs ago they were doing fine? Yea.. End of the line.

Also.. EA..
  • Ea chat said it was all in my head ... so not buying 20
  • TheFirstKlutz
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    First fut and my biggest let down is that this is it. They pull the plug until they release 20 which is a let down. If I like a game I like to continue playing, still have content after a year. We put a lot of hours/effort in building a team and it would be great to know that you can continue and it would convince me to buy the next version more.(not a wl player myself). Did enjoy the game a lot despite forfeiting a lot of games because of lag and unresponsive gameplay and would consider 20 if the game did not abrubtly end.
  • sido1968
    1323 posts Professional
    Cba with the grind.
    Customer service when account hacked.
    Guaranteed TOTS sbc giving a NIF then the wait.
    Twitch pack wait.
    Concentrate on my darts this winter and golf next spring/summer.
  • dazco
    56 posts Park Captain
    What is the S word?

I'm not buying it because I made a mistake of putting an irreplaceable player in an SBC and I asked EA if they could reverse it. They said they couldn't , I think they could if they cared.

Anyway, I swore to the operator that I would stop buying EA games, and I have.
  • alvchong
    1045 posts Professional
    edited August 27
    As a first year FUT player. I always accepts there are many players better than me but I can't tolerate when button delay and non register of button execution. Hard works all gone to drain. What us the point still buy Fifa 20 even if they fix all the gameplay issues.
  • Mogga
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've bought and played a lot of Fifa but enough is enough.

I'm sure they'll still churn out the same rubbish though and I may well buckle at some point but this will be the first year in at least 15 I haven't bought on release.

Too greedy, too unrealistic and it's just a chore rather than enjoyable. The amount of times in the last 2 weeks I've just turned the console off mid game because of some stupid glitch skill is ridiculous really.
  • Heshyooo
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    GK93 wrote: »
    I'm still undecided, normally already have it on preorder but for me...

Its the having minimal control of what actually happens in the game. If my players acted how a professional footballer did, could do the basics of the game, could run as fast as they should etc, then it wouldn't bother me, but with the AI control, why pay for a game which in fact you're only 20% playing and 80% awaiting the AI to make a tackle, miss a sitter, play a 40 yard ground pass when you tap it and aim at a player 2 yards away?

I'll probably buy it as a football addict (although football is a term used loosely on fifa) although I may just stick to seasons and avoid UT

I usually have it pre ordered too but fifa 20 beta was absolute trash. I dont even need fo talk about fifa 19, we all feel the same way.

I'm just so disappointed that this is what football games have become. Awful.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11864 posts Has That Special Something
    Heshyooo wrote: »

Its the having minimal control of what actually happens in the game. If my players acted how a professional footballer did, could do the basics of the game, could run as fast as they should etc, then it wouldn't bother me, but with the AI control, why pay for a game which in fact you're only 20% playing and 80% awaiting the AI to make a tackle, miss a sitter, play a 40 yard ground pass when you tap it and aim at a player 2 yards away?

I'll probably buy it as a football addict (although football is a term used loosely on fifa) although I may just stick to seasons and avoid UT

I usually have it pre ordered too but fifa 20 beta was absolute trash. I dont even need fo talk about fifa 19, we all feel the same way.

The community can make the changes we want happen just like any other gaming community would in these circumstances.

Unfortunately the FIFA community will never agree on anything or stick together even if it is for the good of the game though. I refuse to be a part of the problem any longer.
  • Tietherope
    10063 posts Has That Special Something
    Because they took 6.5 million in players away and everyday say they generic "it's being worked on".
  • Heshyooo
    453 posts Sunday League Hero

The community can make the changes we want happen just like any other gaming community would in these circumstances.

Unfortunately the FIFA community will never agree on anything or stick together even if it is for the good of the game though. I refuse to be a part of the problem any longer.

Same as me. I dont want to be a part of the problem either.

I used to love FUT, I would play every day after work. Visit the forums regularly, do all the sbcs but all of it is a waste of energy.

Let's hope one day things are made right
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11864 posts Has That Special Something

Same as me. I dont want to be a part of the problem either.

I used to love FUT, I would play every day after work. Visit the forums regularly, do all the sbcs but all of it is a waste of energy.

Let's hope one day things are made right

My last bit of hope is for the new gen consoles. If the game is still delayed and unresponsive then I think it will be time to quit the game for good. .

Looking forward to the break in a way though would be alot more happier if I wasn't being forced to quit the game I've loved for so many years.
  • Futfanatic
    13468 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m poor and need money for food...
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Largely because I feel the gameplay is too slow paced. I might buy it later on to play against mates but I won't get into fut in the same way.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1330 posts Professional
    Skint
  • VagisilFC
    1422 posts Play-Off Hero
    I bought FIFA 18. It will be another few years before i'm willing to get scammed again.
  • Vixonner
    93 posts Park Captain
    Vixonner wrote: »
    Cause of ea

They only care about money

Show me a corporation that doesn't only care about money.

Most companies also care about their product/services, their customers... and so on..

Get off ea's **** fanboy
  • Ffhh
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Servers, delay and input lag.
  • BeanieGee
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    *Having half my best players vanish for the last WL
    *Lag lag lag
    *EA's attitude to the first one
  • Jeremy295
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah burnout for me. Done 16 through to 19 and I just can't get excited this year about starting all over again. Maybe fifa 21 will be a different story but I think a rest is good, gives you time to appreciate it in one way or another
  • eltonholm
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    For what reason? Simple - EA
  • FifaProDK
    772 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 31
    Reason: EA stealing my players and not giving then back this year !
  • GK93
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It just amazes me that even in the last WL of the year, EA still haven't solved the horrendous button delay and lag etc, why should we put money into a game when even after a year, they haven't fixed this one
  • bberger
    5174 posts Big Money Move
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Actually what made me not buy FIFA 20 wasn't gameplay, servers or anything like that.
    It was ea stating in march or April that they are done patching the game, but that everything that was wrong with fifa 19 would be fixed in 20. That means either that ea didn't knew how to fix a totally broken game, so why would I trust them to fix it in 20.
    Or it means they simply don't care that they leave their customers with a broken game for half of its lifecycle. Imagine buying a new car that constantly breaks down, and the salesman tells you that they are done trying to repair it, but that you are very welcome to buy the new and improved version for the full price.

That's not a company that deserves my money

Absolutely. That made me feel treated like actual garbage by that company. This will stick with me for quite some time.
  • BigBadBaloo
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s fantastic reading the majority of people who have completely had it with EA Sports.

Their cheerleadering and grandstanding have been reduced to the corporate tea ladies who masquerade as moderators on the forums and the people who matter, the customer base, are completely pissed off with the company.
  • BigBadBaloo
    EA paid no attention to customer demand and focussed on profit for as long as possible. They will soon regret their profit-before-product approach and it will be absolutely biblical.
  • bullettoot
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m moving to PES this year already pre ordered,l. Don’t have much time to play so for me it’s not a bummer about the licenses. Fed up with bad packs, constant changes of the gameplay and exploit tactics. My purchase of pes is more of a protest than a willing player.
  • BigBadBaloo
    I won’t move to PES because it’s garbage but I won’t play Fifa either. It’s quite gutting though as I love football but this game is not football, it’s marketing and profit.