For what reason are you NOT buying 20?

Comments

• Tasch
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    Undecided, but I think this years release was absolute trash. But the worst thing is how we was treated. EA gave up fixing something we paid good money for. Endless promos with new shiny cards that really didn’t make any difference in-game. Servers, sbc mess, frickin’ pim icons, extremely low pack weight, button delay, and a graphics engine that cant handle jack s**t.
  • Danielb
    899 posts Professional
    Toxic players for a start but i gave 17 a miss and felt better for it coming back to 18 and the same will be said for missing 20.
    It doesnt feel much different from playing 19.
  • Jpo41
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    I played the beta.....
    Where is Covkiller91mob's defense of how great 20 is?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    Jpo41 wrote: »
    I played the beta.....
    Where is Covkiller91mob's defense of how great 20 is?

The number 1 EA fanboy 😂
  • Ishibum
    12258 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd suggest to keep it civil and not call out folk that hold somewhat different views. Otherwise it descends into a "yes it is" "no it's not" thread.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Delayed and unresponsive gameplay.

Can look past everything else when the game plays smooth but unfortunately that's once in a blue moon.

This.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Tasch wrote: »
    Undecided, but I think this years release was absolute trash. But the worst thing is how we was treated. EA gave up fixing something we paid good money for. Endless promos with new shiny cards that really didn’t make any difference in-game. Servers, sbc mess, frickin’ pim icons, extremely low pack weight, button delay, and a graphics engine that cant handle jack s**t.

Oh, also absolutely because of this.
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    Mostly because of the addictive nature of fut. I looked back at his year, really spent way too much time on this game.
    The best way to break out of the habit is to not buying the new one.
    Of course, the game itself gives constant frustration. Not much enjoyment.
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Used to love the game but it now bores me $hitless!

Community have got worse as well. Nearly everyone plays 4-2-3-1, drop back, one depth, counter attacking bull****.

Also, the button delay has been a massive killer!

I just hate the game now, and I hate the community just as much!

Folks that are buying it, good luck.
  • maccag
    179 posts Sunday League Hero
    Agree with most of the points in this thread, my main gripe is how many times are you the better player go 2/3 goals up then the 'magical' 60th min comes around and your team turns to a bronze one, every bounce goes against you, a deflection can go 30/40 yards in the air but I bet it lands precisely at one of your opponents attacking players, he scores from that then you get beat then the toxicity comes in the form of messages after the game..
    Just a horrible game and a horrible community at times.. no FIFA 20 for me..
  • strayjd
    21 posts Ball Boy
    I have played most of the WL in fifa 17-19 but won’t be buying fifa 20, at least not until TOTY. I am tired of facing opponents abusing the broken game mechanics.
  • Aqeel87
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    Delayed and unresponsive gameplay.

Can look past everything else when the game plays smooth but unfortunately that's once in a blue moon.

• Rich2015
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why don't the people not buying Fifa give PES a good go and learn the game.Play some real football not a greed fueled 100 mph ping pong no look goals and then dabbing mess of a game

2 weeks until PES and its about £30 in some places
  • PelzyWelzy
    9288 posts League Winner
    Tbh it’s all down to servers for me...

Even if gameplay is an RNG, first time shot, skill move abuse cluster**** like it is now I still take the game as it is and try to get out of it what I can enjoyment wise - not really fussed anymore about how other people play or what ridiculous teams they have, how high I finish in WL etc.

However, when every single game during the week is riddled with input delay to the point where I have very little control over proceedings gets to a point where you just CBA anymore.

Can physically see your AI a second or two behind play in games nowadays.. honestly feels like I’m playing drunk most the time.

Even if the games ****, which i strongly suspect it will be, ill end up getting it if connection issues are rectified.

Not holding my breath though.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Even if gameplay is an RNG, first time shot, skill move abuse cluster**** like it is now I still take the game as it is and try to get out of it what I can enjoyment wise - not really fussed anymore about how other people play or what ridiculous teams they have, how high I finish in WL etc.

However, when every single game during the week is riddled with input delay to the point where I have very little control over proceedings gets to a point where you just CBA anymore.

Can physically see your AI a second or two behind play in games nowadays.. honestly feels like I’m playing drunk most the time.

Even if the games ****, which i strongly suspect it will be, ill end up getting it if connection issues are rectified.

The connection issues are just as bad as 19 and that was on the beta with a small player pool. Imagine what the games going to be like on release.

Delayed and unresponsive gameplay has gradually gotten worse each year from FIFA 17 and will continue to do so until EA actually address the issue. It isn't just going to magically disappear.

Won't be buying another EA game until this is fixed.
  • Zambo9
    5014 posts Big Money Move
    Lag
  • GEEMAN04
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 26
    Unfortunately I've pre ordered it but by playing the beta slow and fast version. I know it won't be removed but the fooking CONTAIN button is sooooo OP it has spoilt my experience on the beta and I'm just hoping EA has listen to some feedback. Honestly someone just holding a button and mirroring your every move is embarrassing. This will kill FIFA for me anyway.
  • leon1309
    4187 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 26
    Vixonner wrote: »
    Cause of ea

They only care about money

Show me a corporation that doesn't only care about money.

CD Project red? ;)

As far as purchasing not 20 goes: bad gameplay and over the top greed shown from EA...
  • Glofy20
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I haven't bought PES for years now but I might give it a try now (hopefully there's some sort of pro clubs game mode on it) because the lack of licensing is a big problem especially on Xbox where you can't patch it. I haven't pre ordered fifa 20, I'll play my 10 hours trial and see if the developers have made the game more skill based, otherwise it's not worth another year of stress because of hand holding bs for arcade loving poor players
  • PelzyWelzy
    9288 posts League Winner

The connection issues are just as bad as 19 and that was on the beta with a small player pool. Imagine what the games going to be like on release.

Delayed and unresponsive gameplay has gradually gotten worse each year from FIFA 17 and will continue to do so until EA actually address the issue. It isn't just going to magically disappear.

Won't be buying another EA game until this is fixed.

Right there with you bro...

I played one game of the beta before switching it off and never touched it again.

Heard it got patched later on that day but just couldn’t bring myself to play anymore, was that poor.

Know of two friends who did the exact same as well and these are just local lads I’ve known for years not randoms bleating their complaints online... bunch of us who usually preorder and can’t wait to get to the grind haven’t bothered thus far.

19 has killed the game for a lot of people.
  • lucas
    4932 posts Big Money Move
    Milked and burned out
  • joeyvdk
    47 posts Park Captain
    Bored and annoyed by the horrible state of the game. Ridicilous flick ups, el tornados etc.
    Just cancelled my preorder, feel relieved
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional

Summarises my thoughts ^^^^^.

As I mentioned the other day, I'm going to give PES a run this year. Downloaded the PES 20 demo, and while the gameplay is different (a lot slower), I really don't mind it. Much more consistent and no lag/delay.

I also found out yesterday you can download PES 2019 Lite - which has the MyClub feature (PES's take on FUT) for free on PS4. Downloaded it to give it a go over the next couple of weeks, see if I get on with it. This free download has been out since Dec last year too.

Early impressions are good. V different to how FUT works, it's much easier to get top end players, the challenge is how to manage them (affording their contracts).

I would suggest if you're bored to the back teeth of FUT right now (or just want to take a break before FUT 20), give the MyClub a go. Free to download so if you don't like it, bin it.

Ref FIFA 20, if the reviews are great and the lag/delay issue is sorted (not them saying they'll sort it - remember them saying they had invested in more servers 12 months ago?), I may go and buy it. However, I was v close not to buying FIFA 19 and caved in last minute. Not going to repeat that mistake this year.
  • BPLosers
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I only play squad battles these days anyways because of the cancerous community so I’ll just save my money and play the odd offline game on 19 whenever I get the itch.
  • D0lvl
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    It sounds like a lot of complaints are in the online modes like WL,DR etc. I understand. It's dfinitely frustrating when gameplay is very slow and the 'momentum swing' that happens all the time is just aggravating and leaves you feeling cheated and disgusted afterwards when you lose from it.

If fifa20 fixes the delayed/laggy gameplay does that mean you will put up with the 'forbidden' word that we know exists?

The 'fordbidden' ruins gameplay for me and in of itself another issue.

Fifa as a whole has these issues right now:

1)bad gameplay - slow, sluggish, laggy, button delay. All related to EA's servers and net code

2)'forbidden' word, the 'S' word, - it exists and we all know it. It happens against us and I know most don't want to admit, we've been on the favorable side of this at times. It exists online and against AI (see squad battles).

3)RNG rewards - EA controls pack weight. In general, most rewards are RNG based. EA can manipulate the pack weight (i.e. pack weight now vs pack weight during futties/TOTS). Also EA can manipulate the special card player weights (i.e. we have unscientific fact that during tots, GK's were pulled a lot.)

I don't think fifa20 will fix any of these. New features and 'improvements' just mask these issues.

I was gifted fifa20 so I'll be playing it. I'll be smarter this time from learning from fifa19's issues. fifa 19 FUT was my first FUT experience. Looking back, I enjoyed doing SBC's and the different objectives (futswaps, futties, special cards) more than WL.

• NathW90
    367 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 26
    - The gameplay is on fast forward, has everyone running around like Kante, rewards playing ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL like it's actually FIFA Street on grass and is full of glitches and bull****.

- The beta showed me it's no better than 19 at all. Felt like 95% the same game.

- The games main target audience is clearly children and teenagers and the gameplay obviously reflects that.

- The graphics are woefully behind the times.

- Ultimate Team is gambling, no one will convince me otherwise, and it prays on peoples addiction. I will admit it's gotten to me in the past despite my complete apathy for the actual game, and I'm taking myself away from that environment.

- The ultra competitive environment created by the rewards system isn't healthy.

- EA are complete scum who care about nothing but money, and I refuse to be a small part of feeding them any longer.

- PES 2020 is great for anyone who actually likes real football and has the brain to adapt to playing a game that plays like it's based on the actual sport, and is a far more attractive option at this point. Unfortunately the EA/FIFA brainwashed, la croqueta spamming fools, like a lot of people on this forum, will still cry "hahaha omfg pes suks fifa is sooo much betta", but hey, your loss nerds.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12959 posts Has That Special Something
    I almost didn't buy 19 and I caved at the last minute. I said that if 19 wasn't an improvement on 18 then I'd consider not getting 20...

And that's where I am, what's not helping EA's case is not only was 19 worse than 18. But it was genuinely thee WORST fifa I have ever played... Its straight up hot garbage...

PIM debacle, the constant promos, the sheer amount of glitches and stupid ways to score that have no business being in a game that's meant to resemble football. The toxic gameplay that's created a toxic community to go with it..

Yeah... I'm not convinced on buying 20 at all, it's laughable the fact they try and call this Esports ready... Company is a joke
  • Solari
    1880 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 27
    Too much 19. Will skip this year
    Post edited by Solari on
  • GEEMAN04
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I almost didn't buy 19 and I caved at the last minute. I said that if 19 wasn't an improvement on 18 then I'd consider not getting 20...

And that's where I am, what's not helping EA's case is not only was 19 worse than 18. But it was genuinely thee WORST fifa I have ever played... Its straight up hot garbage...

PIM debacle, the constant promos, the sheer amount of glitches and stupid ways to score that have no business being in a game that's meant to resemble football. The toxic gameplay that's created a toxic community to go with it..

Yeah... I'm not convinced on buying 20 at all, it's laughable the fact they try and call this Esports ready... Company is a joke

Well said sir 👍