For what reason are you NOT buying 20?

GK93
383 posts An Exciting Prospect
I'm still undecided, normally already have it on preorder but for me...

Its the having minimal control of what actually happens in the game. If my players acted how a professional footballer did, could do the basics of the game, could run as fast as they should etc, then it wouldn't bother me, but with the AI control, why pay for a game which in fact you're only 20% playing and 80% awaiting the AI to make a tackle, miss a sitter, play a 40 yard ground pass when you tap it and aim at a player 2 yards away?

I'll probably buy it as a football addict (although football is a term used loosely on fifa) although I may just stick to seasons and avoid UT

Comments

• DaMMian
    667 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm still undecided, normally already have it on preorder but for me:

-connection to servers
    -balance in the game
    -skill gap

I'm waiting for the release of the game I will try to play some matches and then decide buy or not. I'm not interested in the demo or opinions of others.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 25
    Contain & RNG
  • Ben_W
    72 posts Park Captain
    Because the game gets worse every year
  • Alex_cr
    4796 posts National Call-Up
    Burnout- not the game but after 3 solid years of playing I need a break
  • Primofusion
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m buying it but only getting the standard version this time, get so many free packs these days from SBCs and challenges that building a decent team is easy.
  • Ianonabeach2
    65 posts Park Captain
    First year I didn’t buy Fifa points and I still feel the whole game is designed to be an attack on my wallet.

I am not buying it for this reason and to reclaim my weekends from the WL grind. If the servers work smoothly I may buy it in the New Year but I genuinely have no desire to start the cycle again.

I had the UT beta and I loaded it up once, no interest.
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    I have a few reasons for not wanting to buy it (I know I am weak and caved the previous two years so just acknowledging that).

First up is the gameplay. Button delay has been horrific for me this year. All too often, it feels like my players are just standing there with me mashing buttons frantically. Speed up lag has also plagued me over this iteration and while I see they made attempts to fix all that. It honestly felt like they were fixing it to then implement in 20. I don't like paying to be a beta tester tbh. Then the little things on the pitch that add up... Think all those weird rebound physics, and even the fact that you have weird situations in corners in which you have someone like Salah in the box defending while one of your CBs is halfway up the pitch waiting for the out ball. That's basic stuff that should have been fixed 9 months ago. Before people start whining, "oh but you benefit from it to", I am aware of this and take zero pleasure from beating someone because they getting smashed with lag.

Secondly, the litany of mistakes EA have made in 19 with stuff like SBC mess ups and that basically showed me a company that just didn't care. The PIM fiasco was another mess entirely of their own making (I was lucky enough to not have done George Best before they dropped em but I know people who did... Not fair on them at all). The lack of ownership of their mess, the lack of communication, and total lack of interest in giving the perception that they give a damn, just adds up. I'll include this forum in that as well. They need to overhaul a lot of things here too.

Lastly, as was mentioned already above, I'm just feeling burned out by it all. I've been looking at PES as an alternative but that comes with it's own issues. I genuinely hope '20 is a huge improvement and I don't fully rule out getting it down the line. I just know I need to see improvements on the above before I would consider it.
  • Bargy611
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The gameplay is full of exploits that EA create and say the games fine.

La croquetta, flick crosses and first time shooting from stupid angles absolutely ruin the game.

If they can actually make a football game where there aren’t exploits I’ll come back. This version is absolute junk
  • Rossco160715
    2142 posts Fans' Favourite
    Simple for me - EA and their employees.

They have given up on the game from October after creating the worst football game in history. Overpowered skills moves and game mechanics a trained monkey could abuse.

The game requires football fans to develop the game. People who understand the game and have at least played it at some level. Facing the wrong way and shooting etc. Nonsense like that.
  • TheMightyBee
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    undecided but I’m waiting to see views and opinions after release and patch. There is just no point in playing a football game where my inputs don’t determine skill. Time a tackle or shot perfectly but the game decides what the outcome will be regardless, it’s just pointless playing to be honest.
  • Vixonner
    93 posts Park Captain
    Cause of ea

They only care about money
  • Knowlesdinho
    10162 posts Has That Special Something
    Vixonner wrote: »
    Cause of ea

Show me a corporation that doesn't only care about money.
  • Alex_cr
    4796 posts National Call-Up
    Vixonner wrote: »
    Cause of ea

Show me a corporation that doesn't only care about money.

Oh god - I hate to think what can of worms you’ve opened here 😂
  • SomeNextGuy
    2606 posts Fans' Favourite
    I enjoyed Fifa 19 so much that I don't feel the need to buy Fifa 20. I'll just enjoy 19 for another full year!

Said no one ever.
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    Delayed and unresponsive gameplay.

Can look past everything else when the game plays smooth but unfortunately that's once in a blue moon.

This and just haven’t got the time or patience to be competitive
  • I am not buying a game beacuse -
    1) you grind a game for approx 15h per week, in most cases (99.99%) you get nothing in rewards. Time spent on this game equals to the part time job. Or if we are being honest - full time.
    2) Fifa 19 sucks, but at this point everyone has god squad, and the game is still much alive so I see no point of buying a new game, grinding it for nothing, nor spending money on fifa points.
    3) EA showed us on numerous occasions they just don't care. SBC, gameplay, packs... you
    name it. They only care about the money.
    4) FIFA 20 is different. OMG. So was 19 and here we are. I let content creators and people on EA paylist do their advertising for kids.
  • RadamelFalcao9
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 25
    Cause I have 0 respect for EA sports, specially after this year.
  • mindm4ster
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    because I'm getting Modern Warfare-looks sick

FIFA is trash
  • ILevis
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 25
    Have my final and most important year in university coming up and i definitely wont have time to play 30+ games of fifa a week.

And considering how ultimate team is structured, this means playing with a trash team all year. I wouldnt enjoy that, especially not after having the best teams i ever had this year. So im just not going to buy it at all and save the 50€
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    mindm4ster wrote: »

FIFA is trash

Did you play the alpha beta 2v2? It's great fun can't wait for the actual beta now pre ordered it on Friday. It will be my goto game this year with a few games of fifa 19 when I want a football fix.
  • Gnomenclature
    2657 posts Fans' Favourite

FIFA is trash

Did you play the alpha beta 2v2? It's great fun can't wait for the actual beta now pre ordered it on Friday. It will be my goto game this year with a few games of fifa 19 when I want a football fix.

I'm also going back to cod. Way more forgiving game - looking forward to another modern warfare title. Black ops 4 just didn't keep me engaged and blackout wasn't as good as pubg.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something

FIFA is trash

I'm also going back to cod. Way more forgiving game - looking forward to another modern warfare title. Black ops 4 just didn't keep me engaged and blackout wasn't as good as pubg.

I love blackout far better than pubg but that's just my opinion obviously different people will like different things. Blackout has kept me engaged from November though it's only starting to die off a bit now which has been pretty decent. Don't think I've ever had delayed or unresponsive gameplay or any connection issues which is a breath of fresh air from FIFA.
  • HishamAyman
    2851 posts National Call-Up
    Customer service
  • Wooly1203
    2403 posts Fans' Favourite
    FIFA 19 was the first edition I haven’t bought when it was released since maybe FiFA 08/09. Didn’t get it until like Feb/March. Still undecided on 20. Mostly just because I want to focus my time on other things in my life and if I buy the newest one I know I’ll pour a significant amount of time into it
  • Gloria_ou_Morte
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I will eventually get fifa 20 later, if there's enough good offline content.
    I need some time off playing online, people are just sick (boring repetitive exploits) with a win at all cost attitude, which in the end means they play worst than a bot.

Large part of the problem in fifa 19 are the players themselves.
  • SaintFred
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have just really stopped enjoying FIFA...its become a game where often its about who can use the exploits most.. However the reason I am not buying it again Is the patches that totally change game play.
    There were times when I really enjoyed FIFA 19 despite the exploits only for the next patch to make it unplayable for me.
    No way am I grinding through all them weekend leagues only for them to "patch" it and make some other exploit the way forward.