Predict the FIFA 20 TOTY

Comments

• Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    Carswell wrote: »
    GK-Ter stegen / Alisson - Oblak is the best GK but won't win - better not be De gea as that would remove all credibility and would be equivalent of David Luiz getting in after the 7-1 loss vs Germany.
    Lb-Robertson- worlds best left back now Marcelo and Alba are past it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get in as he is Scottish and not Spanish or Brazilian and there is a clear bias towards la liga players.
    CB VVD- enough said
    CB- Ramos - doesn't deserve it will get in though just because its Ramos.
    Rb - Trent

Midfield 3 will be - De Jong becuase la liga bias and the fact he has had a good year. Modric- becuase people are deluded and will put him in for his name, almost as bad as him winning the Ballon dor for a few decent games at a world cup against crap teams. Bernardo silva- he has been the best midfielder in the Prem for the past year and City should have atleast 1 player in.- Neymar will probably get in becuase the Toty is always full of ****
    Attack- Messi, Ronaldo ,Mbappe

Robertson would definitely get my vote obviously but I wouldn’t say Alba is past it he is still very good IMO.

Alba was crap against Liverpool.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6933 posts Big Money Move
    That is a good point actually RE: dynamics for Juventus. I imagine it'll be in a generic kit? The whole debacle is incredibly embarrassing.
  • WFCBagnall
    69554 posts Moderator
    That is a good point actually RE: dynamics for Juventus. I imagine it'll be in a generic kit? The whole debacle is incredibly embarrassing.

It'll just be no dynamics.

Like Boca Juniors and SBC Pavon, Zarate and FB Tevez
  • ccooaattssyy
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

It'll just be no dynamics.

Like Boca Juniors and SBC Pavon, Zarate and FB Tevez

That is a jikes from me.
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    The most marketable player on the planet with no dynamic images. The hottest young defensive prospect, too.

Y I K E S
  • CeeQue
    10801 posts Has That Special Something
    The most marketable player on the planet with no dynamic images. The hottest young defensive prospect, too.

Y I K E S

But they got the EPL players sorejoice.png
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    Losing the PL would have been a disaster.
  • Carswell
    8187 posts League Winner
    GK-Ter stegen / Alisson - Oblak is the best GK but won't win - better not be De gea as that would remove all credibility and would be equivalent of David Luiz getting in after the 7-1 loss vs Germany.
    Lb-Robertson- worlds best left back now Marcelo and Alba are past it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get in as he is Scottish and not Spanish or Brazilian and there is a clear bias towards la liga players.
    CB VVD- enough said
    Rb - Trent

Midfield 3 will be - De Jong becuase la liga bias and the fact he has had a good year. Modric- becuase people are deluded and will put him in for his name, almost as bad as him winning the Ballon dor for a few decent games at a world cup against crap teams. Bernardo silva- he has been the best midfielder in the Prem for the past year and City should have atleast 1 player in.- Neymar will probably get in becuase the Toty is always full of ****

Robertson would definitely get my vote obviously but I wouldn’t say Alba is past it he is still very good IMO.

Oh I forgot that it only takes one bad game to fall off, my fault!
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20414 posts Club Captain
    CB VVD- enough said
    Rb - Trent

Imagine not judging a footballer off the one game you watched them in 2k19

y i k e s
  • Carswell
    8187 posts League Winner
    CB VVD- enough said
    Rb - Trent

y i k e s

😂 Oh well he’s just a kid anyways, can’t put too much weight on their opinions.
  • Hollandman
    2118 posts Fans' Favourite
    RealM wrote: »
    De Jong far from getting in.

What other midfielders have been better?

B. Silva, KDB, Hazard, Fabinho, Kante from the prem alone

Haha Hazard and Fabinho better then Frenkie, you even watch football?
  • Orison
    47695 posts FIFA Cover Star
    @ccooaattssyy is this about the real one or the EA voted one?

Because the real one is in October and the EA one (in January) is biased either by ability in Fifa or by PL bias in general.
  • ccooaattssyy
    EA one, for FIFA 20.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16668 posts World Class
    Hollandman wrote: »

Aww let me guess Frenkie makes space for other really well and because that looks fancy it trumps Fabinho in every way because he’s ‘just’ a CDM who actually tackles people while usually averaging over 85% pass accuracy himself.

Frenkie was fantastic for Ajax. Fully understand that. But I mean he played most of the season in the Eridivise ffs. Why don’t we just throw Bruno Fernandes in. He’s had a quality year. Frenkie played 6 champions league games in 2019 so please don’t tell me those games give him a right to a TOTY spot.
  • Orison
    47695 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited August 26

Aww let me guess Frenkie makes space for other really well and because that looks fancy it trumps Fabinho in every way because he’s ‘just’ a CDM who actually tackles people while usually averaging over 85% pass accuracy himself.

Frenkie was fantastic for Ajax. Fully understand that. But I mean he played most of the season in the Eridivise ffs. Why don’t we just throw Bruno Fernandes in. He’s had a quality year. Frenkie played 6 champions league games in 2019 so please don’t tell me those games give him a right to a TOTY spot.

You put kante and kdb in your list. Can't be trusted.
  • WFCBagnall
    69554 posts Moderator

Because Fernandes wasn't involved in the CL which is the biggest club stage?

What Ajax achieved in the CL was unbelievable, De Jong was one of their best players and he got a big move to match his talent.

He has a much, much better chance at getting in over Kante and De Bruyne.
  • MelkorAintGood
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pls no more Ramos, Marcelo and Modric. It's gone too far
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    CB VVD- enough said
    Rb - Trent

y i k e s

😂 Oh well he’s just a kid anyways, can’t put too much weight on their opinions.

Lol you know nothing about me
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    Hazard’s not a bad shout, but it depends on how Real perform over the next four months.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16668 posts World Class
    Orison wrote: »

You put kante and kdb in your list. Can't be trusted.

Already said KDB was a mistake but I stick by Kante
  • LFC Simon 98
    16668 posts World Class

What Ajax achieved in the CL was unbelievable, De Jong was one of their best players and he got a big move to match his talent.

Donny/Ziyech were the ones to score the clutch goals. Why ain’t they in? But like I said, yes Frenkie was great, but for 5 games (he wasn’t up to much in the second leg vs Spurs) he deserves a TOTY?

James Rod did it on the biggest stage of them all. The World Cup, top scorer. Player of the tournament, earned a big move to a big club. He didn’t get a TOTY.

My point is how in the world can someone who didn’t even play in a top 5 league be considered for TOTY. It’s beyond me. Just cause he had a few good games in the Champions league. So did Lucas Moura, Fabinho, Milner and they actually play in a respectable top level league each week.
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    There’s a solid argument to be made for Fernandinho.
  • WFCBagnall
    69554 posts Moderator

Donny/Ziyech were the ones to score the clutch goals. Why ain’t they in? But like I said, yes Frenkie was great, but for 5 games (he wasn’t up to much in the second leg vs Spurs) he deserves a TOTY?

James Rod did it on the biggest stage of them all. The World Cup, top scorer. Player of the tournament, earned a big move to a big club. He didn’t get a TOTY.

My point is how in the world can someone who didn’t even play in a top 5 league be considered for TOTY. It’s beyond me. Just cause he had a few good games in the Champions league. So did Lucas Moura, Fabinho, Milner and they actually play in a respectable top level league each week.

Because wouldn't Ziyech and even Tadic for that matter be classed as attackers? So absolutely no chance of them getting in.

Not sure why to be in Toty you have to be playing in the top 5 leagues, Ajax did it on the big stage and De Jong was one if their standout players, so he should definitely be in with a massive shout, is he a better option than Kante who wasn't as influential as the previous year for club and Kevin De Bruyne who missed 27 games throughout the season through injury?
  • LFC Simon 98
    16668 posts World Class
    edited August 26

Because wouldn't Ziyech and even Tadic for that matter be classed as attackers? So absolutely no chance of them getting in.

Not sure why to be in Toty you have to be playing in the top 5 leagues, Ajax did it on the big stage and De Jong was one if their standout players, so he should definitely be in with a massive shout, is he a better option than Kante who wasn't as influential as the previous year for club and Kevin De Bruyne who missed 27 games throughout the season through injury?

Well if De Jong gets in for his ‘amazing’ champions league (5 games I’ll reiterate once again because let’s clarify that’s **** all game time). De Bruyne’s game time shouldn’t matter should it? As long as you play a few good games at the top level you can get a TOTY place with that logic.

And as for the top 5 leagues bit. How can you be considered one of the best 11 in the world if you don’t even play in one of the best leagues. It simply doesn’t make sense. De Jong is literally being suggested because of 5 games.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16668 posts World Class
    There’s a solid argument to be made for Fernandinho.

100%. Really dunno how I forgot him and put Kante in lmao.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Kante will get in on name tbh
  • ccooaattssyy
    Ronaldo Mbappe Messi
    KDB Kante Modric
    Robertson Ramos VVD TAA
    Alisson

Wouldn’t be suprised.
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    If Mbappé gets in over Salah again, it’s a travesty.

Still can’t believe that Salah missed out last year, and I’m talking about the TOTY IRL. Salah scores more PL goals than Ronaldo, Shearer and Suarez whilst tearing up the CL too, but apparently a few decent WC games amounted to more than that.

Still think that if it wasn’t Messi or Ron who won the Ballon d’Or, it should have been Salah.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16668 posts World Class
    If Mbappé gets in over Salah again, it’s a travesty.

Still can’t believe that Salah missed out last year, and I’m talking about the TOTY IRL. Salah scores more PL goals than Ronaldo, Shearer and Suarez whilst tearing up the CL too, but apparently a few decent WC games amounted to more than that.

Still think that if it wasn’t Messi or Ron who won the Ballon d’Or, it should have been Salah.

Everyone at the time said it was cause Salah didn’t win anything.

To clarify about the De Jong stuff. I love him as a player and watch him as often as I can, I just don’t think he’s done enough to be in TOTY.

Similar to how I don’t think VVD deserves Ballon D’or. Obviously I think he’s an incredible CB and best in the world but still doesn’t warrant the best of the best prize.
  • WFCBagnall
    69554 posts Moderator
    Wocm8v8.jpg