FIFA 18 was better than 19.... There, i said it..

Nessy
1834 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 25
Come at me :#

Comments

• FCBlunt
    1954 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa 18 you score in so many ways, not just lowdrivens as some people claim.

If people parked the bus, you could use long shots or actually dribble to the best of your ability.

Fifa 19 half killed dribbling for me with the auto tackles. It’s hilarious to see people mistime tackles and their dude still sticking a leg out behind and taking the ball.

Fifa 18 only became good after a ton of patches tho. I remember thinking to myself, “you did it you pretty turds! You fixed the damn game for once.”
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    18 was far more enjoyable and that’s saying something.
  • Gloria_ou_Morte
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    13 was the best for me.

But between 18 & 19, fut was better on the latest IMO.
    The main problem on 19 (and it did get worse over the 18) was the large amount of sick players that play the crazy hack moves (repeated over and over) and there is no thought into the game, and this got me so bored about playing online.
  • Notformeclive
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think Fifa 18 was/is terrible and I agree with you, this is honestly the worst thing ever made.

Everything they have added this year has made the game substantially worse, timed finishing, croquetas, tornadoes (they even sound ridiculous) and goalkeeper movement is arguably the stupidest thing of all.
    Moving your goalkeeper to the logical place to shoot is not a skill, you should be controlling the defender to stop the shot coming in in the first place.
    You shouldn't have to wait for the goalkeeper to jump to one side of the goal before taking a shot, it's absurd, and it's in next year as well, oh joy!

The more idiotic gimmicks to bail out terrible players the better, we'll probably see more added, levitating goalkeepers, jet boots, unicorn super subs.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14195 posts Has That Special Something
    I think unfortunately it's gonna get worse too
  • Colt_seevers
    1077 posts Professional
    18 was better. The game has been ruined mostly by ai defending. Now, if guys on here play dropback, 4231, low depth they shouldn’t be complaining about the ai. Each of these things take full advantage of it
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sports games are a joke. Just repackage last years game with a few new bells and whistles and watch as people spend loads on the same product year after year.
  • Nessy
    1834 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 26
    I played someone on Sunday in WL and all he did was give it to his cdm (Son :| ) and all he did was La croqueta from half way in my half to score... He did this twice (shushhhh'n after every goal). I beat him on pens in the end, but sent him a message asking why he abuses the croc.... His answer.... It works so why shouldn't I.!! And hes right, but why should a game with complex skill moves, formations, player attributes and a mass variation of nearly all players be potentially decided in one skill move. It's ridiculous....
  • Mmandras
    1793 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 26
    If this was mid season EA would have nerf it. But now, when players have "discovered it" later in the season EA already switched focus to new installation. Btw I don't find it that hard to counter or that effective. It is slow and clunky move. I've beaten a lot of la croqueta spamming players. You lose focus on build play and passing, while spamming that stupid move. Best players chain one or two in the box and that's the way it's supposed to be used.
  • Mmandras
    1793 posts Play-Off Hero
    WC 18 was the best. Plain FUT 18... I don't know, but yeah, probably...
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2969 posts National Call-Up
    No coming at you @OP you've stated the obvious!
  • Aqeel87
    2400 posts Fans' Favourite
    18 was far more enjoyable and that’s saying something.

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13001 posts Has That Special Something
    If we are going on enjoyment levels... 18 is streets ahead of 19...

This year is the most frustrating piece of garbage I've ever played. Arguably my best team too which genuinely sucks...
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4852 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa 18 was one of the all time worst fifa’s ever made. Absolute garbage.

Yet somehow it’s masterpiece compared to fifa 19.
  • Covkilla91mob
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA 18 to me was best and took more user controlled play .

I play tiki taka and 18 suited it purely due to tactics being good like others before 19 and AI movements was good and made sense.

Yea drivens was just god but it had loads of variation to score and shooting felt good and satisfying

I wish our community shut up when it was released as it was best ever game till world cup mode as servers was pure delay from that.
  • Covkilla91mob
    FCBlunt wrote: »

If people parked the bus, you could use long shots or actually dribble to the best of your ability.

Fifa 19 half killed dribbling for me with the auto tackles. It’s hilarious to see people mistime tackles and their dude still sticking a leg out behind and taking the ball.

Fifa 18 only became good after a ton of patches tho. I remember thinking to myself, “you did it you pretty turds! You fixed the damn game for once.”

This how any fifa player felt if we had brains.

Makes me mad how some say 18 was bad but I guess they just sucked and ptb and got bullied by possesion and couldn't AI defend to bail them self out .

18 was most skilled and many top pro players agree this and elite level
  • Ishibum
    12264 posts Has That Special Something
    Nessy wrote: »
    Come at me :#

I come at you with with a bottle of whisky so we can toast in agreement
  • Thunder001
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    19 has definitely ended up being the worst with the absolutely ridiculous skill moves. It wasn't too bad for the first 6 months even with the finesse shot being op, its the people that have taken it too the next level of bad this year.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something

Makes me mad how some say 18 was bad but I guess they just sucked and ptb and got bullied by possesion and couldn't AI defend to bail them self out .

You talk some absolute nonsense on these forums mate 😂
  • Covkilla91mob

That's how it is tho as pre patch 18 was skilled and ptb was hard and AI did not lunge and bail bad players

18 I can dribble in and out smooth due to contain being not as op as 19 and 20 still had the dumb contain .

I never use contain as I hate that feeling of being a spectator .

I used manual contain with jockey and it's much better on 20 like 18 to manaul read and cover .

Pressing the ball in 18 took skill and 19 just allows auto lunge and contain to mimic my every move and you want to play 19 for football you say 😂😂😂😂 get your head out your backside you sausage and save me 2s on some of that chemdawg as must be good .
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something

That's how it is tho as pre patch 18 was skilled and ptb was hard and AI did not lunge and bail bad players

18 I can dribble in and out smooth due to contain being not as op as 19 and 20 still had the dumb contain .

I used manual contain with jockey and it's much better on 20 like 18 to manaul read and cover .

Pressing the ball in 18 took skill and 19 just allows auto lunge and contain to mimic my every move and you want to play 19 for football you say 😂😂😂😂 get your head out your backside you sausage and save me 2s on some of that chemdawg as must be good .

18 was just as assisted as 20. The drop back and AI defending was also just as bad. You could score low drivens from any angle in the box or just outside it and it was pretty much a goal every time.

The chemdawg is great to be fair haha
  • Paulopudasso
    1049 posts Professional

18 was just as assisted as 20. The drop back and AI defending was also just as bad. You could score low drivens from any angle in the box or just outside it and it was pretty much a goal every time.

The chemdawg is great to be fair haha
    Purple dawg all the way to bed