How is FIFA on PC atm?

opasni_
3655 posts National Call-Up
edited August 24
Hi guys,

After playing FUT10-13 on PS3 I switched to PC version from FUT13-FUT16.

In that period of time FIFA on PC was terrible, bunch of Div1 cheaters and was hard to find match. Transfer market was low in numbers compared to consoles.

I sold my PS4 month ago after playing FUT16-19 on it and might give it a go with FIFA 20 on PC.

So, how was FIFA 19 on PC ? How many items on market are in average, can you make profit on market, are prices of players higher than on consoles and most importantly are there cheaters?

Comments

• Daddy
    5500 posts Big Money Move
    No cheaters on weekend league and rivals afaik, i havent faced a cheater on drafts as of yet, however people have reported differently, matchmaking depends on where you live, europe asia shouldnt have problems finding opponents
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 25
    Daddy wrote: »
    No cheaters on weekend league and rivals
    you're joking right, you have legacy defending, stamina cheat, disconnect cheat

some cheat even allows to see your opponent record before the game, so you can avoid good players
  • maksi
    Draft is infested with cheaters, they disconnect but you don't get a loss so eventually you'll get a regular player.
  • maksi
    But even if cheaters don't cheat on WL they have much better team than you because they have unlimited funds.
  • Daddy
    maksi wrote: »
    No cheaters on weekend league and rivals
    you're joking right, you have legacy defending, stamina cheat, disconnect cheat

some cheat even allows to see your opponent record before the game, so you can avoid good players

havent encountered a legacy cheat, disconnect cheat as of yet and have played most of the top 100 players in my region
  • Reulol
    58 posts Park Captain
    edited August 25
    No cheaters on weekend league and rivals afaik, i havent faced a cheater on drafts as of yet, however people have reported differently, matchmaking depends on where you live, europe asia shouldnt have problems finding opponents

players can cheat in draft mode get amount of coins and players and use it on WL and DR nevertheless u surely faced some u probably didnt have noitced,i love how pc players loves to turn a blind eye to those problems ..
    Post edited by Reulol on
  • opasni_
    What a shame...looks like I will skip 20 totally this year.

Game is garbage and it just doesn't justify buying console + ps+ membership just to play it.

I didn't expect EA to solve cheaters with anti-cheat, judging how bad and money grabbing company they are. I'm not surprised, but I was hoping something improved in 5 years.
  • Daddy
    Reulol wrote: »

players can cheat in draft mode get amount of coins and players and use it on WL and DR nevertheless u surely faced some u probably didnt have noitced,i love how pc players loves to turn a blind eye to those problems ..

Not really, you can go back to my fifa 13/14 threads where I used to complain about cheaters, I am not saying they don't exist just that I haven't faced them yet
  • jajce111
    2772 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cheaters are reallynot a problem anymore, I would say the bigger problem is that gameplay is bad, game is pay 2 win and they have one server that is runing on a potato. Most of people that quit fifa , quit it because game was sh*t not because of cheaters.
  • opasni_
    jajce111 wrote: »
    Cheaters are reallynot a problem anymore, I would say the bigger problem is that gameplay is bad, game is pay 2 win and they have one server that is runing on a potato. Most of people that quit fifa , quit it because game was sh*t not because of cheaters.

Yeah, I sold mine copy in March, that's earliest ever since I'm playing since very start in 09.

But PC version is alot cheaper and I would buy it just to have fun now and then. I don't like FUT and FIFA at this very moment but I'm still football fanatic and I miss playing some games.
  • greif44
    2368 posts Fans' Favourite
    My 0.02:

FIFA 13-15 were awful and it was really hard to find opponent that does not use cheats or software.
    16 was ok
    Almost 1k games in 17
    1.5k games in 18, mostly d2-d1
    Over 2k games in 19, mostly 1800-1900 skill rating.

After EA introduced WL in 17, they ban a lot of people that used software. Almost haven't faced any cheats in 18 and 19. Not going to talk about gameplay as we all know how it can be in this game. So I'm totally not concerned about cheaters on PC and my experience over past 2 years is very good in terms of that.

Market: usually there was 500-600k items on market (obviously much less at this stage), yes prices are higher, but it works in both ways if you pack decent card. Almost no extinct players/consumables. Overall, there's enough room for trading and with amount of rewards in game it's pretty easy to build very good squad.

Community seems to be a bit less toxic that on consoles, probably there are less kids gaming on PC.

• M00N
    5 posts Ball Boy
    greif44 wrote: »
    My 0.02:

FIFA 13-15 were awful and it was really hard to find opponent that does not use cheats or software.
    16 was ok
    Almost 1k games in 17

After EA introduced WL in 17, they ban a lot of people that used software. Almost haven't faced any cheats in 18 and 19. Not going to talk about gameplay as we all know how it can be in this game. So I'm totally not concerned about cheaters on PC and my experience over past 2 years is very good in terms of that.

Market: usually there was 500-600k items on market (obviously much less at this stage), yes prices are higher, but it works in both ways if you pack decent card. Almost no extinct players/consumables. Overall, there's enough room for trading and with amount of rewards in game it's pretty easy to build very good squad.

Community seems to be a bit less toxic that on consoles, probably there are less kids gaming on PC.

This. Fifa is fine for PC.
  • maksi
    edited August 27
    I guess you're playing different game.

I had:
    - no loss quit in WL (ok that's on consoles too)
    - sometimes i got a loss in Rivals when my opponent left, i didn't get kicked out of FUT mode it was just like a normal loss after the Rivals game
    - green timed finishing cheat (always gets it right even if he spams it)
    - legacy defending cheats (every tackle is precise and no fouls, double teammate pressure that's impossible with tactical defending)
    - no stamina loss cheats (players playing high pressure all game without geting tired)
  • Daddy
    I guess you're playing different game.

I had:
    - no loss quit in WL (ok that's on consoles too)
    - sometimes i got a loss in Rivals when my opponent left, i didn't get kicked out of FUT mode it was just like a normal loss after the Rivals game
    - green timed finishing cheat (always gets it right even if he spams it)
    - legacy defending cheats (every tackle is precise and no fouls, double teammate pressure that's impossible with tactical defending)
    - no stamina loss cheats (players playing high pressure all game without geting tired)

Havent faced 1 and 2 in 800 games in FUT 19.
    I green time almost all my shots.
    Ive faced people who are top 100 and their defence feels like legacy defending but i can assure you they are not using legacy cheats.
  • opasni_
    edited August 27
    My 0.02:

16 was ok
    Almost 1k games in 17

This is very good recap, just what I was looking.

I might give it a go for 35€ :) Thanks!
  • maksi
    500-600k items on auction was maybe before TOTY, way less after it (200-300k).
  • greif44
    opasni_ wrote: »
    My 0.02:

16 was ok
    Almost 1k games in 17

This is very good recap, just what I was looking.

I might give it a go for 35€ :) Thanks!

I forgot to mention that there's enough players to find the game instantly in rivals or WL.
    I recall facing maybe a very few dumb people that used trainer to change score in the match early after release in 18 and 19 but I'm 100% positive they got banned right away.
    I recall there was more, especially during promos. Anyways, there was maybe 5-10 cards that are impossible to get from transfer market like PIM R10, Gullit etc. But the PC community defo got much bigger over past couple years
  • maksi
    I bet they will much less players in fifa 20 after this trainwreck called fifa 19.
  • humping_klown
    936 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 31
    seriously unbelievable that players claim not have met a cheat in fifa 19 on PC.

"match under review" anyone that has ever seen that message is likely to have faced a cheater

Anyone that has faced constant green/yellow timed finishes - especially from corners and positions you wouldn't even dream of shooting from (using strong shot cheat that powers the ball to it's maximum level that won't make it rise over the bar )

Winning in weekend league and you get "match under review" and you press "ok" and you are immediately returned to the fifa main menu and you get the loss - instant win cheaters.

Game freezes when you're winning at full time / half time and players refuse to leave the pitch - cheater that waits for you to close the game - you'll notice that they run the ball towards the throw in line .

regenerating stamina - you can see the effects of this in replays on the fut champs channel . Teams that constant pressure but never tire.

Players that 'disconnect' when you have a penalty or the ball is travelling towards the goal.

Legacy defending is widespread online in rivals and fut champs.

fut drafts is full of instant win cheaters .

they use specialities and traits cheats .

there are more cheaters now than there was in 13, 14, 15 , 16 ( in terms of overall percentage of players left )

• maksi wrote: »

been playing 19 since oct/nov time and i've never seen more than 400k items for sale . I live in the uk. i'd say your 2nd figure of 200-300k is about the normality for the market.
  • maksi
    I saw in peak hours near 600k, but that was once or twice, i don't remember when. 300-400k was normal before TOTY.
  • jajce111
    2772 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you cheat there is more chance that you will get matched with cheaters , so kids if you are legit you have way less chances to come across in wl that you do if you are cheating or using some kind of software...
  • Rich2015
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa isnt that bad on PC,i am in the UK and find matches easily.Cheats you have to expect some like all PC games,that is just the way it is and always will be

I had a PS4 Pro for some of Fifa 19 and it wasn't great.I have moved back to PC for Fifa 20 so that says it all.Even in the menus it is all laggy on the Pro,it might seem small but there is a lot of be said for smooth menus like on PC if you have a half decent set up.Console menus are jarring when you go from PC to console.
  • Daddy wrote: »

you really haven't played a cheater on draft? i can't barely get past round 1 without finding one
  • greif44
    greggles wrote: »

you really haven't played a cheater on draft? i can't barely get past round 1 without finding one

I played 35-40 drafts or so
    There were maybe 4-5 people that used software, obviously I got disconnected, but without loss so I was able to continue playing. It was very uncommon to face someone using it though.
  • keronc
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    I play on the PC also and I can't really tell if I played cheaters or if it is just the game. I have had games that start off great but then at some point my players do not follow my inputs and the opponent scores easily. I had a match where I could not control anyone and the opponent again scored easily. I regained control after he scored.

For the most part, I can't say the problem on the PC is cheaters. It is just that the game has problems. It is very inconsistent and has a mind of it's own at times. I will buy Fifa20 on the PC but as usual, I will not buy any fifa points.
  • Daddy

Ive played 50-60 matches in drafts and maybe one where the match got disconnected but i didnt get the loss. I am not saying they dont exist but i havent faced them
  • Daddy wrote: »

Ive played 50-60 matches in drafts and maybe one where the match got disconnected but i didnt get the loss. I am not saying they dont exist but i havent faced them

i have played about the same amount and only won twice, i my game freezes then im forced to turn off the game and get the loss
  • Daddy

i have played about the same amount and only won twice, i my game freezes then im forced to turn off the game and get the loss

Maybe it has to do with where you live, i am from India and have never faced your issue
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6790 posts Big Money Move
    fifa 20 hype