OAP players....

Comments

• Norber
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    43 here. First football game Ive played was Konami`s Soccer in my old MSX 8bit computer ( Iam from Argentina and it was MSX or Commodore around here) ... lol, many good memories of "epic" games with friends.
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 25
    Slightly off topic but my first football game was Nintendo World Cup on a cheap Russian knock-off console fittingly named The Terminator.

Loved that game

29 btw
  • Primofusion
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    World Cup Italia 90 on the master system II for me, I’m also just a baby in here at 35 years old!
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Did anyone here wonder what OAP meant so came to this thread just to realize I will still be playing games when I turn 40/50
  • Mrhey31
    1227 posts Professional
    Norber wrote: »
    43 here. First football game Ive played was Konami`s Soccer in my old MSX 8bit computer ( Iam from Argentina and it was MSX or Commodore around here) ... lol, many good memories of "epic" games with friends.

That could have been my story, except I’m from Holland.
    I had both MSX and Commodore, Well atleast my dad had both. And when I was lucky I got to play a text base soccer game on the MSX ( dont remember the name.)
  • BorussenBernie09
    1395 posts Professional
    International Superstar Soccer Deeeeeluxeee on SNES...loved it. 37 here 😁
  • Nessy
    1834 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm 44 and owned every FIFA since first way back on SNes
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4204 posts National Call-Up
    33. Can't remember the first game, I was 4 and just remember getting yellow cards over and over and laughing.
  • Danielb
    899 posts Professional
    I'm 63. I remember the first FIFA on the playstation i think. Also many footy games on the spectrum, and commodore amiga.

Sensible soccer ? not arf, jumpers for goalposts...hmmm.

Sensible soccer was the Boss. George Weah scores 13 goals in one game !!
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Danielb wrote: »
    I'm 63. I remember the first FIFA on the playstation i think. Also many footy games on the spectrum, and commodore amiga.

George Weah was superb in that game as was he in this shame he’s not returning
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14209 posts Has That Special Something
    Diggy wrote: »
    Danielb wrote: »

George Weah was superb in that game as was he in this shame he’s not returning

Sutton and shearer
  • Skely
    839 posts Professional
    I am 43, and it was on Atari. It was some lines and a block! Hahahahaha
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14209 posts Has That Special Something
    Skely wrote: »
    I am 43, and it was on Atari. It was some lines and a block! Hahahahaha

I loved the atari 2600, yars revenge was a favourite
  • George_Cook_Over60
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you played England v West Germany in Sensible Soccer, it was in Black and White. Nice touch.
  • Turned 50 this year. As a boy it was the Wembley board game, then subbuteo and a card game called Kick Off. Atari 500 was my first console - played all manner of football games since - international soccer, Kick Off 2, Sensible Soccer, SWOS, PES (4 and 6 were special), Actua Soccer. My first fifa was 08, but I think fifa 10 was my favourite.
  • o0OainavO0o
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    acc637434d0681cc4c7304bd88a33c4e.jpeg
    39, played tecmo on nes, grew up playing in arcades and I can’t remember the name but there was one I played all the time at the local grocery store.

Was it football champ
    Screenshot-20190825-011430.jpg
    One of my all times faves

That’s the one! I was talking to my bro about this, he mentioned goal 2, hyper soccer, and Nintendo World Cup (which I think was our first technically). We had an Atari but don’t recall any soccer games for it. Good memories lol!
  • bartsch88
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    At 31 I sometimes felt like I’m too old to be playing this game for the 10th straight year. Thanks to all you old geezers posting on here, allowing me to shake away any shame and continue on with my addiction!