Is Fifa 19 malware ?????

Dominion
21 posts Last Pick at the Park
Well, for three months from May, just after the womens world cup update to fifa 19, I was unable to launch Fifa 19 or start it from Origin. I suspected it might be because the EA severs were down since I was able to launch Fifa 15 but was not able to save any settings or load any settings.

A couple of weeks ago after many searches using Google to solve or find the cause of this problem as this just went on for too long, I saw a solution given in some obscure forum that windows defender was blocking and stopping Fifa 19 from launching. What was needed was to turn off real time protection whenever one wishes to play Fifa 19 .

Real Time protection "Locates and stops malware from installing or running on your device."

Once turned off, I am able to launch and play Fifa 19. Fortunately my obsession with this game has evaporated, so during this period I was not let down all too much by not being able to get it going.

But, one may wonder what is it that Windows 10 anti virus software detects in Fifa 19 that constitutes it being tagged as Malware? I hope Fifa 19 has no spyware or installs hidden files on my PC or for EA to access my PC without my consent while online.

One can also wonder what other gaming software will be detected as malware by PC antivirus, anti malware software causing it not to be launched.

Comments

• BombSquadPuppy
    1409 posts Professional
    If your pc flagged it as “malware” and prevented it from running in the first place (after their little 1/2day fiasco their servers went down); it means you should probably not illegally download the game 🙄
  • If your pc flagged it as “malware” and prevented it from running in the first place (after their little 1/2day fiasco their servers went down); it means you should probably not illegally download the game 🙄

This was op’s first reply in nearly 3 years