EA was right in denying most players TOTY/meta TOTS/and PIMs cards

D0lvl
1465 posts Play-Off Hero
In the hands of most casuals and toxics, these OP cards bring out the most toxic gameplay.

If these cards were so easy to get and most had them before fifa 19 ended, the game and the playstyle that triggers most people would've pushed away a good chunk of the player base before futties.

Imagine all the threads about flickup crosses/shots, el tornados, you see now and multiply that by 10 and move those threads back 3-4 months. lol.

Comments

• JohnDoe
    11254 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 24
    People weren't abusing flick-ups and what not before because all you had to do was get the ball near the box and hit a timed finesse shot, which would fly in with literally any player. First time shots are still bad, though, but I firmly believe it was even worse before with timed finesse shots.
  • D0lvl
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Of course they weren't abusing flick-ups when time-finesse shots were the better chance of scoring.

They also didnt' have TOTY/PIMS/TOTS when timed-finesses were the 'meta'.

All these OP loan cards just expose how broken of a game fifa19 is when all these flashy gimmicks and first-timers are the best way to score compared to 'sound' football i.e. passing; breaking down defense; etc.
  • adoe546
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They ruined weekend League with this crap
  • Low Ki
    11745 posts Has That Special Something
    Boo hoo. Because this community wasn't among one of the most toxic in gaming before?
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    I think it’s perfectly ok for EA to let everyone have a taste of the best card in Aug with around a month running to thank the community
  • Mmandras
    1824 posts Play-Off Hero
    Denying? Have you missed the promo where they give every OP card for 10 games? That's a lot of cards and a lot of games. And nobody needs them forever since they will last until Fifa 20 demo/web app comes.
  • D0lvl
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol. I see some of you missed the point.

How did this post come off as a complaint or whine against these OP cards?

If anything it shows you EA knew what they were doing if pack weights were high for the Meta players of these cards.

We would’ve been hearing posts after posts of toxic gameplay earlier on in the year and more folks would’ve quit long before the end of fifa19.

• Gnomenclature
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Lol. I see some of you missed the point.

How did this post come off as a complaint or whine against these OP cards?

If anything it shows you EA knew what they were doing if pack weights were high for the Meta players of these cards.

We would’ve been hearing posts after posts of toxic gameplay earlier on in the year and more folks would’ve quit long before the end of fifa19.

I see your point... that Pim pele has dismantled my defense several times. I've got a end game team, but can not contain that dude. Every shot against me has been a goal lol.

Toty cr7 hasn't been a problem though... ucl Alonso has been incredible at beating him to the crosses.
  • D0lvl
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah that PIM Pele is just OP. All his volleys, headers, first time shots go in.
  • WarrenBarton
    7321 posts Big Money Move
    I haven’t played in almost a month but all that shiz was pretty common then + everyone in div 1 rivals had prime Gullit,Vieira and a team of tots players around them.
    Was the same for WL too once you got a +5 win loss ratio
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Yeah that PIM Pele is just OP. All his volleys, headers, first time shots go in.

I wouldn't call a 99 rated card OP 😂