Azzurri review

JWNYsg
674 posts An Exciting Prospect
39689-DBA-C838-4-C37-8-A35-E958539-AE5-F0.jpg

Wanted to do a full Azzurri squad with no icons. Here’s the lowdown in no particular order of my preferred 4-4-1-1

GK - G Donnarumma TOTS (red)

This keeper. When he’s brilliant, he’s unstoppable. When he’s not, my goodness the mistakes he make. Not the worst keeper in the game but Onana or Sirigu could easily keep him on the bench in terms of consistency.

RB - Calabria (FFS)

Honestly not much choice. And being a Lazio fan, I rather deploy him than Florenzi. Decent with Anchor

CB - G Mancini (TOTS)

Got him untradeable. Use backbone chemistry. Gets the tackles in, no frills. Don’t expect much

CB - A Izzo (TOTS)

Got his IF and SIF red so have to say this card is deserved for him. For the price he’s not too bad and does defend well.

CB - Chiellini (TOTS)

His price tanked to 100k but is now over 200k. Paired with anchor chemistry. Even his 91 IF is good enough. Will get you the occasional corner set piece goal. If you’re on a budget, stick with Izzo and Mancini. Even the Azzurri is known for their defence. There are multiple icon options available too.

LB - M Darmian (UCL Gold)

It was either him or IF Criscito. Used the latter most of fifa 19 so decided to go with Darmian. H defend workrate suits my style. No fireworks and defends well. He’s not going to launch great crosses on the overlap if that’s your plan. Had to put a shadow of him

RM - Chiesa (TOTS)

Honestly. Not a great card like his 18 tots. Lacks the flair in game and unlike his legend Father. Gets you the assists and the odd goal but didn’t find wonderful distribution in his play. His 95 pace feels clunky too. Not much competition also specifically to Italians.

LM - El Shaarawy (TOTS)

Such an elusive and pricey card. He does have some Leroy Sane type of flair. For the price value. Not a great card. But you’ve either got this or Insigne cards at LM. This was the only Roman exception I made as a Lazio fan.

Used Architect chemistry in both my wings above

CM - Veraatti (TOTS)

Performed better than expected. With shadow at RCM. He’s the Italian Kante. Quite consistent in real life too. He won’t score goals and win you headers. But he will shut down passes and close opposition attacks down. His price is criminal where his PSG peers cost so much more

CM - N Barella (SIF)

If you’re not using icons you’re in for a shock. There is a shortage of good Italian midfielders. This player blew me away at LCM coordinating passes (also Architect chemistry) - seems a hidden gem. Hope he’ll shine at 20.

CF - A Donnarumma (TOTS)

Had been using Cutrone FFS earlier but a chance to link Siblings in an Azzurri shirt was so tempting. Put Marksman on him. Not bad. Got me goals and assists. Even with his head. Can’t complain for less than 30k coins.

ST - Quag (TOTS)

Belotti and my beloved Ciro had mediocre Season, thus the lack of great cards. We all saw how Quag shown out tremendously in Serie A. Had his IF red too. What a player. Spearheading my Italian Stallions above. At his age too. Legend. Most of you had trouble selling him earlier but it’s all good now. Would either use Hunter or Hawk chemistry.

Special mention

ST - M Kean (Silver rare)

Great card with hunter. Decent scoring ratio. Excited to see him on 20 with Torres. Surprised he left Juve but could be a smart move instead of slugging out with Gonzo.

Wishing you guys a nice weekend and 2nd last WL.

Comments

• Empyrium7
    2758 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great looking team
    have your tried TOTGS Parolo ? he was great at that time and I think he can replace Barella
  • JWNYsg
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    Great looking team
    have your tried TOTGS Parolo ? he was great at that time and I think he can replace Barella

Yes. I did that Weekly objective (7 online rival wins with Italian scoring) but I gave him up in an SBC later on
  • Empyrium7
    2758 posts Fans' Favourite
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    Great looking team

Yes. I did that Weekly objective (7 online rival wins with Italian scoring) but I gave him up in an SBC later on

is Donnaruma better than TIF Belotti ? I mean you can move Quagliarella to CF and Belotti as ST
  • Vix14
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    Team looks sick

I remember playing with that barella for an objective. Was pretty horrible.
  • JWNYsg
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    Great looking team

is Donnaruma better than TIF Belotti ? I mean you can move Quagliarella to CF and Belotti as ST

Ciro Immobile could be a good call. Carniball
  • PelzyWelzy
    9284 posts League Winner
    Ha, how funny... Only this week I started throwing all my untradeables and stuff in to Icon SBc's like Del Piero and Inzaghi (who really isn't as bad as made out tbh, give him a chance to shoot and he generally puts it away) with the sole intention of building a full Italian team, which is something I do every year at some point.

VTpoUXX.png

Definitely putting Florenzi at RB, Criscito LB, then going to use Pellegrini and IF De Rossi most likely in the CDM roles.
  • Mmandras
    1765 posts Play-Off Hero
    You need Balotelli card.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9284 posts League Winner
    Finished the final pieces for my Azzurri team, going to use it for the final WL - Swap Lasagna, Scream Balo, IF Insigne and the like on the bench :smile:

mgncjbJ.png
  • Markman007
    2627 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice squads! Here’s the Italy squad I’ve been running. The UEL SBC Immobile is quite good paired with Quag.

QTwForv.png
  • PelzyWelzy
    9284 posts League Winner
    edited August 25
    Markman007 wrote: »
    Nice squads! Here’s the Italy squad I’ve been running. The UEL SBC Immobile is quite good paired with Quag.

QTwForv.png

Immobile is one I regret not doing on reflection. Rarely come across him but when I do he’s always a menace.

Tots Icardi has been my fav striker this year though... ran with him in my Serie A side before switching to an Azzurri squad recently and he was just such a consistent scorer.. despite having arguably better strikers at the club none of them could replace him, not even CR7.

Just something about that card and my playstyle which clicked, ended with just over a goal a game ratio after 300 or so matches purely from WL and rivals.

My first three WL’s with Icardi he didn’t fail to score 40+ goals, hitting 41, 46 and somewhere in between that respectively.

Ps. Inzaghi has started exceptionally well too... has 22 in 17 matches played. Exceptional finisher if a little lacking elsewhere, bit like Icardi tbf.
  • Markman007
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

QTwForv.png

Immobile is one I regret not doing on reflection. Rarely come across him but when I do he’s always a menace.

Tots Icardi has been my fav striker this year though... ran with him in my Serie A side before switching to an Azzurri squad recently and he was just such a consistent scorer.. despite having arguably better strikers at the club none of them could replace him, not even CR7.

Just something about that card and my playstyle which clicked, ended with just over a goal a game ratio after 300 or so matches purely from WL and rivals.

My first three WL’s with Icardi he didn’t fail to score 40+ goals, hitting 41, 46 and somewhere in between that respectively.

Ps. Inzaghi has started exceptionally well too... has 22 in 17 matches played. Exceptional finisher if a little lacking elsewhere, bit like Icardi tbf.

Icardi is great. I actually prefer him to Immobile too. When I run two strikers in my Serie A squad it’s between him and Quag as to who I put next to OTW CR7.

My biggest SBC regret this year is not doing Futties Perisic. I’ve got Carniball Perisic who I use as a CAM, but lately El Sha hasn’t been doing it for me on the left wing.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9284 posts League Winner

QTwForv.png

Icardi is great. I actually prefer him to Immobile too. When I run two strikers in my Serie A squad it’s between him and Quag as to who I put next to OTW CR7.

My biggest SBC regret this year is not doing Futties Perisic. I’ve got Carniball Perisic who I use as a CAM, but lately El Sha hasn’t been doing it for me on the left wing.

Yeah, used El Sha a fair bit and struggled with him out left as well though he did come up clutch for me a few times when switched to CAM.. could try switching the two around in game every now and then and see if it just freshens things up a bit, though I imagine Perisic is fantastic in that deeper lying central role.
  • Markman007

QTwForv.png

Yeah, used El Sha a fair bit and struggled with him out left as well though he did come up clutch for me a few times when switched to CAM.. could try switching the two around in game every now and then and see if it just freshens things up a bit, though I imagine Perisic is fantastic in that deeper lying central role.

Yea Carniball Perisic is just a great CAM. I’ve also got Moments Muriel I could use out wide. He’s decent but again nothing spectacular. For my Serie A team, LM/LW is prob the position I’m least satisfied with. Ah well.