►►► Serie A Lounge 2019-20 ◄◄◄

Comments

• HBK1925
    1886 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is there a minimum of GKs to be in the list? I'll never get why there needs to be 3 GKs.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3423 posts National Call-Up
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    Is there a minimum of GKs to be in the list? I'll never get why there needs to be 3 GKs.

I suppose if one is injured throughout the season, you always have another on the bench as cover for the next keeper starting.
  • LoboNobo
    6385 posts Big Money Move
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Matuidi and Khedira are in Juve's CL squad, Mandzukic and Can are out.
    The donkiest of the donkeys will be able to play in the group stages, Jesus...

Khedira was great against Napoli and had a very good game against Parma IMO, plus apparently Sarri really liked him.

Matuidi might be a donkey on the ball, but his workrate and stamina are crucial for Sarri's pressing system. Did you see how high up the pitch he was pressing against Napoli? We've won so much possession thanks to him in the first half.

There is a reason for which Allegri and now Sarri decided to stick with both of them.

I'm more disappointed with Mandzukic's absence, I think he could be a great sub for the same qualities that Matuidi has.

Khedira at least can play a good pass and has decent feet, a shame that a) he gets injured so often, b) he's rather slow at times, and c) he doesn't last 90 minutes.
    In theory, Can's supposed to be the less donkey version of Matuidi, plus he can play as an emergency CB or RB. Would have the same pressing qualities as Matuidi, except he can actually attack. :D
    Haven't you heard, Sarri doesn't do Plan B's, and Mandzukic would have been the quintessential Plan B...

Can is nowhere as good as Matuidi in this respect.

The clear solution to all of this was excluding Bentacur. No one can convince me that Benta is better than Can right now.

Bentancur is there as a backup for Pjanic I assume
  • Alemas_2012
    15189 posts World Class
    edited September 6
    Hello hello hello...
    FEAEEew.png
    From the FUT ratings trailer.
  • Alemas_2012
    15189 posts World Class
    Apparently Icon Pirlo's got 4* weak foot... and 5* skills.
    ??? :D
    He never had higher than 3* skills on FUT, and he never did fancy skills IRL. :D
    What are EA smoking?
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Hello hello hello...
    FEAEEew.png

Absolute travesty..especially his Prime card. He's probably the fastest player I've ever seen to ever play in Serie A.

His physical stats look terrible too.

I can't wait to see what season the mid card is from with 85 pace.
  • Alemas_2012
    15189 posts World Class
    Hello hello hello...
    FEAEEew.png

Absolute travesty..especially his Prime card. He's probably the fastest player I've ever seen to ever play in Serie A.

Maybe his later Real Madrid years?
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Hello hello hello...
    FEAEEew.png

Did he even play for Madrid lol.

I'd have had 2005 season as baby at 88
    2006 World Cup as 90
    2007 Champs League, Balon D'or at 92.

Maldini at LB 87 card. Rijkaard only a 90 rated CDM. Pirlo with 5* weak foot. Del Piero as LW Prime. Nesta with poor pace.
    Do EA programmers have a clue about Serie A over the years?
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    The three cards won’t span over only three years. That’s the kind of timeframe you’d expect as a gap between two cards.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    The three cards won’t span over only three years. That’s the kind of timeframe you’d expect as a gap between two cards.

He never really done anything after that due to injuries and Mourinho playing him deeper than Ozil at Madrid
  • Alemas_2012
    15189 posts World Class
    Hello hello hello...
    FEAEEew.png

2006 World Cup as 90

Maldini at LB 87 card. Rijkaard only a 90 rated CDM. Pirlo with 5* weak foot. Del Piero as LW Prime. Nesta with poor pace.

Pirlo with 5* skills, you mean.
    He's got 4* weak foot, which is perfectly fine.
    Zidane's got double 5*, which is not so fine.
    5* weak foot I can accept, but 5* skills?
    He didn't do elasticos or outrageously fancy stuff either, just supreme ball control, stepovers, and roulettes. 4* would have been more realistic.
    But I guess because he's on the cover, they had to overdo his stats...
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Hello hello hello...
    FEAEEew.png

2006 World Cup as 90

Pirlo with 5* skills, you mean.
    He's got 4* weak foot, which is perfectly fine.
    Zidane's got double 5*, which is not so fine.
    5* weak foot I can accept, but 5* skills?
    He didn't do elasticos or outrageously fancy stuff either, just supreme ball control, stepovers, and roulettes. 4* would have been more realistic.
    But I guess because he's on the cover, they had to overdo his stats...

Yeah Pirlo 5* skills I meant. Zidane should be 4* skills, but I'm sure if he wanted to do elastico's or sick flicks, he could've quite easily. He deffo has to have the flair trait.
  • Zambo9
    5026 posts Big Money Move

I don’t understand why they have to force 3 cards per player when like 90% of the icons were good for 3/4 years and the cards should be platically identical
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    Zambo9 wrote: »

I don’t understand why they have to force 3 cards per player when like 90% of the icons were good for 3/4 years and the cards should be platically identical

giphy.gif
  • Alemas_2012
    15189 posts World Class
    Mancini has gone full Wenger.
    Lorenzo Pellegrini at LW and Izzo at RB.
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mancini has gone full Wenger.
    Lorenzo Pellegrini at LW and Izzo at RB.

Prepare to lose!!
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sensi had a couple good shots
  • Alemas_2012
    15189 posts World Class
    Six wins from six in the qualifiers.
    I should be impressed, somehow I'm not...
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero

Because of that "pen"
  • 1690_Ulster_FC

Italy have always been poor looking in qualifiers for as far as I can remember.

The squads been poor for a few years now, probably directly linked to the massive influx of foreign players to Serie A.

I don't think this article is from this year but you get the jist.

"Going into the 2015-2016 season, over half (342) of the league’s players (623) were foreigners."

"The transfer market is yet another place where this issue manifests itself. Of all the signings made this summer, 62% of them were foreigners."

http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/comprehensive-breakdown-of-the-foreigners-dilemma-in-serie-a/

• Alemas_2012
    15189 posts World Class

The squads been poor for a few years now, probably directly linked to the massive influx of foreign players to Serie A.

"Going into the 2015-2016 season, over half (342) of the league’s players (623) were foreigners."

"The transfer market is yet another place where this issue manifests itself. Of all the signings made this summer, 62% of them were foreigners."

http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/comprehensive-breakdown-of-the-foreigners-dilemma-in-serie-a/

It doesn't help that Italy's players rarely ever manage to replicate their club form for the national team.
    Immobile's last national team goal before yesterday's was in 2017. :D
  • 1690_Ulster_FC

It doesn't help that Italy's players rarely ever manage to replicate their club form for the national team.
    Immobile's last national team goal before yesterday's was in 2017. :D

Yeah plus he missed a sitter last night, judging from the highlights.
  • Alemas_2012
    15189 posts World Class
    Looks like we want to renew Cuadrado and Matuidi.
    Sure, renew all the 30+ year-olds and definitely not regret it once the time comes to offload them...
  • Big Matty T
    2617 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not to fuel the fire about ratings...and I don’t even really play Fifa anymore...but I felt like playing a game of football so I fired up FUT 18

I have an End of Era Kaka rated at 92...so his prime is lower than his EoE?

They really just throw at a dart board when they make up these ratings don’t they?
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Not to fuel the fire about ratings...and I don’t even really play Fifa anymore...but I felt like playing a game of football so I fired up FUT 18

I have an End of Era Kaka rated at 92...so his prime is lower than his EoE?

They really just throw at a dart board when they make up these ratings don’t they?

I can't wait to see his in game stats.
  • AlexSolm
    8186 posts League Winner
    Prediction League Matchday 3:
    Fiorentina - Juventus
    Napoli - Samodoria
    Verona - Milan

Apologies for posting late, I've been traveling.
  • LoboNobo
    6385 posts Big Money Move
    @AlexSolm
    Fiorentina 1 - 3 Juventus
    Napoli 1 - 0 Samodoria
    Verona 0 - 1 Milan
  • Guzman
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Fiorentina 0 - 2 Juventus
    Napoli 3 - 2 Samodoria
    Verona 1-3 Milan
    @AlexSolm