Find some money and you can have de Gea :tongue:

...I'll pretend I didn't read that.
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    Ah, Benevento promoted to Serie A.
    They currently have a 22-point lead over second place. :D
    Hopefully they'll do better than in their hapless debut Serie A season, where they broke multiple negative European records...
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    Oh BTW, Pjanic was one bet Sarri lost badly on.
    At the start of the season he said he would try to make him have 150 touches per match.
    Well... didn't really work out, did it?
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    How would you feel about Pirlo taking over from Sarri?
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    How would you feel about Pirlo taking over from Sarri?

Nope.
    A completely unproven manager with zero experience would be absolute suicide.
    Let him get his experience with the U23 squad first.
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    I believe that’s the plan.
  • Ahmer50x
    22910 posts Club Captain
    I feel like Juve will lose the scudetto next year, Sarri will be sacked, and Pep will come in.

Idk why, just a gut feeling.
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    Pippo Inzaghi’s Benevento officially qualified to next season’s Serie A.
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    edited June 30
    Hopefully they'll do better than in their hapless debut Serie A season, where they broke multiple negative European records...
    Post edited by Alemas_2012 on
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner

I missed it. And they already signed Loïc Remy and are negotiating for Llorente :#
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class

I missed it. And they already signed Loïc Remy and are negotiating for Llorente :#

Are they gunning for Europa League or not getting relegated? :joy:
    Or do they want to be absolutely certain of not repeating their first Serie A season?
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    edited June 30

Are they gunning for Europa League or not getting relegated? :joy:
    Or do they want to be absolutely certain of not repeating their first Serie A season?

Their first Serie A season gave us this magical moment though

Based on how well they did in Serie B they look like a decent team.
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    The irony if Benevento, with Pippo Inzaghi as their coach, gets points in both their matches against Milan... again.
  • Scu11duggery
    1074 posts Professional
    So, we've replaced Pjanic, good.
    With a transfer that makes complete sense for us. A rarity, considering Paratici. Maybe he's learning.
    Now, the rest of the situation...

Goalkeepers: We should not rely on a 42/43 year-old as a second keeper, no matter how legendary he is. :D But alas, it seems we'll continue at least another year with this frankly pathetic arrangement...
    Fullbacks: Hopefully we'll keep Luca Pellegrini and not send him out on loan again so that Sandro has a proper substitute. Alternatively, replace Sandro altogether and keep Pellegrini. Real RBs desperately needed. Maybe we could get Cancelo back on a discount since he's barely ever used by Guardiola?
    CBs: Replacing Rugani wouldn't hurt. At all. Maybe with Cristian Romero?
    Midfield: Too many inconsistent (Rabiot), injury-prone (Khedira, Ramsey), or downright inadequate (Matuidi). Only one to keep at all costs is Bentancur. A reliable midfield should be high priority, getting a goalscoring allrounder a la Vidal, Allan, or Nainggolan would be a good start.
    Forwards: Replace Higuain or sign a substitute for him. As much as it pains me to say it, but we should cash in on Costa for someone less injury-prone. Get rid of Bernardeschi, or if we can't, hope that Kulusevski can keep him out of the pitch. Do not attempt to sell Dybala to half of Europe. :D

Anything else? Or is it too much?

I find it hard to argue with any of this.

Pjanic has been poor since October. Hoping a change scenery prompts him and Arthur to have a boost to their respective performances.
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    Immobile's booking for Torino's penalty means he'll miss the match against Milan. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    edited June 30
    With a transfer that makes complete sense for us. A rarity, considering Paratici. Maybe he's learning.

Goalkeepers: We should not rely on a 42/43 year-old as a second keeper, no matter how legendary he is. :D But alas, it seems we'll continue at least another year with this frankly pathetic arrangement...
    Fullbacks: Hopefully we'll keep Luca Pellegrini and not send him out on loan again so that Sandro has a proper substitute. Alternatively, replace Sandro altogether and keep Pellegrini. Real RBs desperately needed. Maybe we could get Cancelo back on a discount since he's barely ever used by Guardiola?
    Midfield: Too many inconsistent (Rabiot), injury-prone (Khedira, Ramsey), or downright inadequate (Matuidi). Only one to keep at all costs is Bentancur. A reliable midfield should be high priority, getting a goalscoring allrounder a la Vidal, Allan, or Nainggolan would be a good start.
    Forwards: Replace Higuain or sign a substitute for him. As much as it pains me to say it, but we should cash in on Costa for someone less injury-prone. Get rid of Bernardeschi, or if we can't, hope that Kulusevski can keep him out of the pitch. Do not attempt to sell Dybala to half of Europe. :D

Pjanic has been poor since October. Hoping a change scenery prompts him and Arthur to have a boost to their respective performances.

Hard to argue because it's all correct, or because it's too much? :joy:
  • Pughy30
    27020 posts Player of the Year
    Looks like Osimhen and Gabriel to Napoli is getting closer, apparently Osimhen has been seen in Napoli and has agreed personnel terms with the club
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    edited June 30
    Another frustrating match so far.
    Dominant side, the best we've played in ages, yet no goals. :|
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    De Ligt dives even more than Bonucci and Chiellini, even when he actually has a chance to score :D
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    Favilli should have had a second yellow
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    edited June 30
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Looks like Osimhen and Gabriel to Napoli is getting closer, apparently Osimhen has been seen in Napoli and has agreed personnel terms with the club

That's a huge signing, has to be the new club record. Milik most likely gone.
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    LONG SHOT GOAL FROM RONALDO ALERT
  • Scu11duggery
    1074 posts Professional

Correct. I'm saddened by the course of Bernardeschi's career. I thought he had so much potential. Glad we have Szczesny. Horribly underrated because of his time at Arsenal but there are only a few keepers better and they're not for sale. Glad the De Gea talk has died. He's been awful since May 2018. Wanna see Demiral recover and grow. He and De Ligt could be really good together going forward.

• Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    Good enough, in the end.
    More importantly, it seems like Sarriball is back, the ball was flowing really nicely until Pinamonti's goal. It was a pleasant watch, maybe still a bit too dependent on worldies and penalties instead of passing the ball into the net, but at least we smother the opponent with high pressure and possession.
    Only blemish was that totally avoidable goal, but hey, that's what you get when you have Cuadrado defending.
    Costa's heartbreaking, you want to see him play all the time, but he's really effective only when the opposition is tired, so he's basically a super-sub.
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class

Correct. I'm saddened by the course of Bernardeschi's career. I thought he had so much potential. Glad we have Szczesny. Horribly underrated because of his time at Arsenal but there are only a few keepers better and they're not for sale. Glad the De Gea talk has died. He's been awful since May 2018. Wanna see Demiral recover and grow. He and De Ligt could be really good together going forward.

He was decent enough in his first season with us. Don't know what the hell happened to him.
    Demiral NEEDS to recover. Technically De Ligt is Bonucci's replacement, Demiral is Chiellini's. One with good feet, one with good aggression.
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    edited July 1
    There are rumors about Napoli beating Milan to Szoboszlai (sp?) and Milan interest in Lozano.
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    There are rumors about Napoli beating Milan to Szoboszlai (sp?) and Milan interest in Lozano.

Oh God, not another impossible-to-write name. :D
    And I can't even blame @LoboNobo, that guy's Hungarian...
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    Brescia are so unbelievably hopeless that they let Young, Sanchez, and D'Ambrosio score.
    All in the first half. :D
  • AlexSolm
    8505 posts League Winner
    Gagliardini is bullying them, they don’t have the physicality or technical ability to deal with any sort of high press, Serie B is their level except for Tonali and the young CB.