Inception has a review of Kurt Comments about FIFA 20

jertt
52 posts Park Captain
edited August 22
Since I did not gain access to play the closed beta. Decided to watch the video provided.

I'm pleasantly surprised both guys are now claiming Fifa 20, has the potential to be the best Fifa yet. There still some issues around gameplay, but overall there comments were mostly positive.

I gave up playing Fifa 19 months ago- after watching I will buy Fifa 20 day one.

Comments

• Finesse_4days
    6895 posts Big Money Move
    They need to understand that quick reactions is something that belong in a First Person shooter. Not a football game. Vision and tactical awareness should be more important than reactions as a fifa player.

The main reason why I want slower gameplay, is because I wanna slap those stupid ping pong passers and their first time shots. They are so assisted that if the gameplay is slower they can’t exploit the game so easy.

That’s why slower gameplay and more manual controls is where the real skillgap is hidden.

There is nothing to be proud of if you can ping pong pass through your opponents team, and finish it off with a broken 180 degree blind first time shot. Because all you did was exploit the broken mechanics.

What about gameplay which is faster than 19 but with less pass assistance and broken mechanics? Nothing wrong with fast gameplay if it takes skill to break down a defence instead of la croqueta spam and EL tornado timed volleys.
  • Finesse_4days
    Slow gameplay eliminates the skill gap, becuase any decent player can play good passes in a game which is similar to Pes, but if it is faster with more effective pressure applied it is harder. Interceptions should be loads better than Fifa 19, but with much better first touch and turning to balance it out.
  • Benja190782
    1296 posts Professional
    Slow gameplay eliminates the skill gap, becuase any decent player can play good passes in a game which is similar to Pes, but if it is faster with more effective pressure applied it is harder. Interceptions should be loads better than Fifa 19, but with much better first touch and turning to balance it out.

@Finesse_4days

I will correct that for you, mate.

“Slow gameplay means increased skill gap, because any decent player can play good passes in a manual controlled game, but if it is faster with more effective passing and shooting assists applied, it is so much easier and requires no skill what so ever.
    Interceptions should be loads better at Fifa 19, but with noobs playing assisted ping pong passing and doing blind first time shots all day long, it’s impossible for him to be rewarded for playing actual good football in FIFA.”

There you go. Thank you!
  • Joestoe
    4704 posts National Call-Up

@Finesse_4days

“Slow gameplay means increased skill gap, because any decent player can play good passes in a manual controlled game, but if it is faster with more effective passing and shooting assists applied, it is so much easier and requires no skill what so ever.
    Interceptions should be loads better at Fifa 19, but with noobs playing assisted ping pong passing and doing blind first time shots all day long, it’s impossible for him to be rewarded for playing actual good football in FIFA.”

There you go. Thank you!

Must be easy to discuss when you simply ignore someone’s points and twist their words to your own advantage.
  • jiajia3
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They need to understand that quick reactions is something that belong in a First Person shooter. Not a football game. Vision and tactical awareness should be more important than reactions as a fifa player.

The main reason why I want slower gameplay, is because I wanna slap those stupid ping pong passers and their first time shots. They are so assisted that if the gameplay is slower they can’t exploit the game so easy.

That’s why slower gameplay and more manual controls is where the real skillgap is hidden.

There is nothing to be proud of if you can ping pong pass through your opponents team, and finish it off with a broken 180 degree blind first time shot. Because all you did was exploit the broken mechanics.
    I love your point so much . In those years , What was EA did is they made some football games which are-far far away from real football , look back that eWorld Cup , which match looks like real football?! None
  • Finesse_4days
    edited August 22

@Finesse_4days

There you go. Thank you!

I can play slow football well if I really focus but I **** hate playing that way as I think you may as well play the AI if games are cat and mouse and slow. IRL I hate slow possession play I find it boring AF to watch, nothing wrong with 5 or 6 passes to get out your half and then some fast football, but I hate Tika taka, and it is also a horrible play style to play against because on Fifa you can't affectively press like real life becuase you cant set traps and position your player effectively like a team like Liverpool can do if a team wants to keep the ball against them, and before you know it you have little to no chance of doing anything against possession playing time wasters. I don't like disgustingly unrealistic gameplay so I am not one of those players who only wants to score sweaty goals, but at the same time there should be a balance and Fifa 19 was too slow which encouraged the tornado cross and la croquetta abuse, becuase getting in behind a defence through the middle is so difficult.
  • mfmaxpower
    74 posts Park Captain
    edited August 25

Fast gameplay creates a larger skill gap if the skill gap is only about twitch skills. But there's more that can - and should - go into the skill gap, such as knowledge and implementation of football fundamentals, tactics, the mental side of the game, etc, all of which require a little slower gameplay.

So, yes, slower gameplay can reduce the twitch skill-gap, but it can lead to a higher skill gap overall if things like first touch, weak foot, composure, body position, tactics, etc. are implemented well.