EA: better players SHOULD win!

2

Comments

  • Knowlesdinho
    10198 posts Has That Special Something
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.

    Rubbish...it's never just turned on for one side. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is still alive!
  • o0OainavO0o
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol, based on what type of opponent I normally play against, I’m curious what most here constitute as the “better player?”
  • Knowlesdinho
    10198 posts Has That Special Something
    Lol, based on what type of opponent I normally play against, I’m curious what most here constitute as the “better player?”

    One mans better player is another mans bad player. EA could release the perfect game and people still wouldn't accept that there has to be a winner and a loser.
  • leon1309
    4191 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 23
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.

    Rubbish...it's never just turned on for one side. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is still alive!

    Bs...you can see this in online games and SqB (one side ai will be ultimate dificulty based and the other plays like amateur)...some put it down to delay/lag, but i think it is all about game messing with sliders.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10198 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 23
    leon1309 wrote: »
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.

    Rubbish...it's never just turned on for one side. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is still alive!

    Bs...you can see this in online games and SqB (one side ai will be ultimate dificulty based and the other plays like amateur)...some put it down to delay/lag, but i think it is all about game messing with sliders.

    It’s a simple equation:

    Lose due to AI defending = dice roll was in opponents favour and you were destined to lose.

    Win due to AI defending = You were the better player and deserved to win.

    So much conspiracy on this forum...you guys need to take some time off the internet and develop independent thoughts.

    Edit: SBs is a moot point, it clearly tells you gameplay may differ just like it does if you do offline draft.
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.

    Rubbish...it's never just turned on for one side. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is still alive!

    Wow, you are so literal. It's a figurative speaking.
    When the delay is heavy, it affects the ai players too. My guess is the ai players just didn't get the environmental variables in real time, thus not reacting to what's happening around.
    I can clearly tell when the the dice is in which side's favor. When I have the connection advantage, I know I couldn't lose. And the other side of the story stands.

    If you never experienced that, then luck you.
  • Mmandras
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 24
    AI is the biggest concern here. Just try to take the ball from AI for example, he is shielding the ball like crazy, and auto blocking is out of this world. Lots of AI and everything assisted (passing and shooting) clearly is helping less skilfull younger audience. However more experienced players also have a range of skill moves to use so they can fool AI to an extent...

    So, basically, EA is saying let the kids have their fun also, and if you lose, maybe you're not as skillful as you thought you were.
  • Dave2829
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The worst thing is when someone gets handed a ea help goal n then goes into a full blown celebration and watches replay of a 90+ rated player scoring an open goal
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »
    They do that is why the same people finish consistently in elite 1/top 100.
    because they are very good and experts on exploiting game faults

  • leon1309
    4191 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 24
    leon1309 wrote: »
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.

    Rubbish...it's never just turned on for one side. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is still alive!

    Bs...you can see this in online games and SqB (one side ai will be ultimate dificulty based and the other plays like amateur)...some put it down to delay/lag, but i think it is all about game messing with sliders.

    It’s a simple equation:

    Lose due to AI defending = dice roll was in opponents favour and you were destined to lose.

    Win due to AI defending = You were the better player and deserved to win.

    So much conspiracy on this forum...you guys need to take some time off the internet and develop independent thoughts.

    Edit: SBs is a moot point, it clearly tells you gameplay may differ just like it does if you do offline draft.

    That would be true if i did not notice bs in my favour...as you wrongly presume. Not everyone here is 12 years old (hell even my kid notices there is something seriously off with fut)...and this is the reason that even wins do not feel good (as you either see you should have Lost the game, or Just dont know how the game was for the opponent, since it was great on your part - usuallly meaning it was off/delayed on his... almost everything feels scripted in fut ...this can be easily done via so dificulty manipulativno, or sliders manipulation - btw sliders can directly affect your players responsivenes).
    Just a thought: have you ever had delayed gameplay against si on amateur? Did not think so. Now go Play against ultimate or legendary (feels a lot like online, responsive wise i mean, doesnt it?). Game has sadly become manipulated playground for card collecters (FP selling)...and its not even arcade football anymore.

    P.s.
    In online: the side with auto interceptions, auto blocks, Spiderman gk, etc. Will win most off the time (hell even with 0 shots on goal)...that is what fut has come down to.
    I am speaking about general fut user, not pros or users that becomme good enough by abusing the game mechanics, to actually overcome all the bs thrown their way (and even they complain).
  • lippyone
    1165 posts Professional
    Well today I had a bit of a suprise. Was doing the belgian challenge and just went 11 weak gold players like Benteke.
    Came up against all these teams packed with their 99 ronaldo etc, but the funny this is gameplay felt so good and I put on 200 rating points. Ironic that a cheap gold squad can easily outplay all those TOTs cards
  • Knowlesdinho
    10198 posts Has That Special Something
    leon1309 wrote: »
    leon1309 wrote: »
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.

    Rubbish...it's never just turned on for one side. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is still alive!

    Bs...you can see this in online games and SqB (one side ai will be ultimate dificulty based and the other plays like amateur)...some put it down to delay/lag, but i think it is all about game messing with sliders.

    It’s a simple equation:

    Lose due to AI defending = dice roll was in opponents favour and you were destined to lose.

    Win due to AI defending = You were the better player and deserved to win.

    So much conspiracy on this forum...you guys need to take some time off the internet and develop independent thoughts.

    Edit: SBs is a moot point, it clearly tells you gameplay may differ just like it does if you do offline draft.

    That would be true if i did not notice bs in my favour...as you wrongly presume. Not everyone here is 12 years old (hell even my kid notices there is something seriously off with fut)...and this is the reason that even wins do not feel good (as you either see you should have Lost the game, or Just dont know how the game was for the opponent, since it was great on your part - usuallly meaning it was off/delayed on his... almost everything feels scripted in fut ...this can be easily done via so dificulty manipulativno, or sliders manipulation - btw sliders can directly affect your players responsivenes).
    Just a thought: have you ever had delayed gameplay against si on amateur? Did not think so. Now go Play against ultimate or legendary (feels a lot like online, responsive wise i mean, doesnt it?). Game has sadly become manipulated playground for card collecters (FP selling)...and its not even arcade football anymore.

    P.s.
    In online: the side with auto interceptions, auto blocks, Spiderman gk, etc. Will win most off the time (hell even with 0 shots on goal)...that is what fut has come down to.
    I am speaking about general fut user, not pros or users that becomme good enough by abusing the game mechanics, to actually overcome all the bs thrown their way (and even they complain).

    The game is flawed, but there is nothing influencing who wins or loses.

    People are just conditioned to believe it’s always something else that is to blame.

    Let’s just say it gets proved that DDA etc was in the game...EA get fined and are forced to make the most ethical, perfect, fair game ever.

    This hypothetical game is proved to be beyond a reasonable doubt the purest form of moral entertainment to have ever been released...of course, there will still have to be winners and losers, it’s the nature of the game.

    I’m telling you now, there will still be the same amount of people creating tin foil hat conspiracy threads in this forum because of their losses because it’s everybody else’s fault but their own.

    As many flaws as there are in the game mechanics wise, there is nothing predetermining the result, if there was, you wouldn’t have to press any buttons...it’s as simple as that really.
  • leon1309
    4191 posts National Call-Up
    leon1309 wrote: »
    leon1309 wrote: »
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.

    Rubbish...it's never just turned on for one side. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is still alive!

    Bs...you can see this in online games and SqB (one side ai will be ultimate dificulty based and the other plays like amateur)...some put it down to delay/lag, but i think it is all about game messing with sliders.

    It’s a simple equation:

    Lose due to AI defending = dice roll was in opponents favour and you were destined to lose.

    Win due to AI defending = You were the better player and deserved to win.

    So much conspiracy on this forum...you guys need to take some time off the internet and develop independent thoughts.

    Edit: SBs is a moot point, it clearly tells you gameplay may differ just like it does if you do offline draft.

    That would be true if i did not notice bs in my favour...as you wrongly presume. Not everyone here is 12 years old (hell even my kid notices there is something seriously off with fut)...and this is the reason that even wins do not feel good (as you either see you should have Lost the game, or Just dont know how the game was for the opponent, since it was great on your part - usuallly meaning it was off/delayed on his... almost everything feels scripted in fut ...this can be easily done via so dificulty manipulativno, or sliders manipulation - btw sliders can directly affect your players responsivenes).
    Just a thought: have you ever had delayed gameplay against si on amateur? Did not think so. Now go Play against ultimate or legendary (feels a lot like online, responsive wise i mean, doesnt it?). Game has sadly become manipulated playground for card collecters (FP selling)...and its not even arcade football anymore.

    P.s.
    In online: the side with auto interceptions, auto blocks, Spiderman gk, etc. Will win most off the time (hell even with 0 shots on goal)...that is what fut has come down to.
    I am speaking about general fut user, not pros or users that becomme good enough by abusing the game mechanics, to actually overcome all the bs thrown their way (and even they complain).

    The game is flawed, but there is nothing influencing who wins or loses.

    People are just conditioned to believe it’s always something else that is to blame.

    Let’s just say it gets proved that DDA etc was in the game...EA get fined and are forced to make the most ethical, perfect, fair game ever.

    This hypothetical game is proved to be beyond a reasonable doubt the purest form of moral entertainment to have ever been released...of course, there will still have to be winners and losers, it’s the nature of the game.

    I’m telling you now, there will still be the same amount of people creating tin foil hat conspiracy threads in this forum because of their losses because it’s everybody else’s fault but their own.

    As many flaws as there are in the game mechanics wise, there is nothing predetermining the result, if there was, you wouldn’t have to press any buttons...it’s as simple as that really.

    Well now that you mentioned it...i actually scores quite a few goals not even pressing a button this year...Just shows you the state FIFA is currentl in, sadly.

    I get People can(tend to) Look for failures everywhere but the plače they should, but in FIFA they do have a Point a lot of the time.

    As far as EA goes i do not belive a word they say anymore and i think there is not a single thing they would not manipulate in order to get better revenue.

    Problem with football is you are so dependand (cant be otherwise), so the balance is hard to find. But one thing is certain, Both AIs should be on the same level and from what i see in DR and WL they are Just not (whitout going into broken mechanic abuse).
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol, based on what type of opponent I normally play against, I’m curious what most here constitute as the “better player?”

    For me, better excludes "exploitative". I think better stands for the ability to read the play, to outmanoeuvre the opposition through a well-planned attack. It does not involve flip ups or el-tornado crosses
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.

    Rubbish...it's never just turned on for one side. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is still alive!

    But you notice the ai more if youre constantly in a position to score and should score but don't for reasons stated in my original post. The support mechanisms are in place for both sides, but weaker players are bailed out more often because the mechanisms are triggered more often by the better player
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 27
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.

    You’re missing the point here. Whether you agree with the mechanics of a game or not, it’s all about playing the game to its advantages if it’s all about winning to you.

    It’s not a coincidence you keep getting beaten by ‘inferior’ players, it’s that they are better at the game than you. You might be able to play pretty football but that gets you nowhere.

    So you’ve a decision to make. Do you want to win or do you want to enjoy playing good football at the expense of results? I personally choose the latter.

    Because you made a post saying the better player should win? So either you feel you’re losing to players you consider inferior, or you’re the one winning against better and you’ve had enough.

    Can’t see it being the latter.

    I'm complaining about the fact that the support mechanics bail out weaker players way too often. If I plan a perfect attack the outcome should be a goal; I don't want to be stopped by an lightning AI lunge or interception. I have lost to the odd weaker player (24 to 3 shots on goal was the last time with a rebound goal in the 88th) perhaps you can understand that that's just not right...
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    jplumber wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.

    So what if they use assisted passes and defending? That's the whole purpose of using them, because some people don't have the ability to use manual passing without getting thrashed by those who are more experienced at using manual
  • Notformeclive
    2343 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pooter wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.

    So what if they use assisted passes and defending? That's the whole purpose of using them, because some people don't have the ability to use manual passing without getting thrashed by those who are more experienced at using manual

    Which is exactly the point, they should get thrashed, instead of which EA allows them to compete by just spamming stupid, thoughtless first time passes and shots without even aiming which all magically find their target either through deflections, defenders suddenly becoming paralysed for no good reason or the ball literally going through players.
    If people want to use assisted against the computer to practice then great but having a 'competitive' game mode so assisted is ridiculous, it's the equivalent of letting everyone in the Tour De France use a motorbike.

  • Thunder001
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    The better players should win and the fact that the same players get to the tournaments proves that they do. If the game was as random as people seem to believe it'd just be a random group of players at each tournament.
  • Thefranchise92
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Thunder001 wrote: »
    The better players should win and the fact that the same players get to the tournaments proves that they do. If the game was as random as people seem to believe it'd just be a random group of players at each tournament.

    This. Every year the same pros exist and what not. If the better players didnt win one year someone would be g3 and then next year e3..
  • sido1968
    1274 posts Professional
    Average around 30 online games a week, maybe 1 or 2 I beat a clearly better player and 1 or 2 I lose to a worse player.
    Take 4 or 5 deserved spankings and dish out a similar amount and the rest of the games are pretty even.
    Players just remember the bad results more I think.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2352 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have games where my ai is super at blocking everything and my opponents doesn’t exist

    And vice Versa.

    Goes both ways
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 27
    Pooter wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.

    So what if they use assisted passes and defending? That's the whole purpose of using them, because some people don't have the ability to use manual passing without getting thrashed by those who are more experienced at using manual

    And this is the second biggest problem with this game behind delayed and unresponsive gameplay.

    The more experienced players should be thrashing the less experienced players. It's called a learning curve, something that has been lost in FIFA for many years.

    At no point should an online game ever hold your hand to stop you getting hammered by superior players. The better player should win pretty much everytime.
  • forearms
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    Pooter wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.

    So what if they use assisted passes and defending? That's the whole purpose of using them, because some people don't have the ability to use manual passing without getting thrashed by those who are more experienced at using manual

    And this is the second biggest problem with this game behind delayed and unresponsive gameplay.

    The more experienced players should be thrashing the less experienced players. It's called a learning curve, something that has been lost in FIFA for many years.

    At no point should an online game ever hold your hand to stop you getting hammered by superior players. The better player should win pretty much everytime.

    ☝️
  • lippyone
    1165 posts Professional
    But better players do win.
    Yes there are some games they will lose against weaker players, but generally better players win. Division One players are far better than Division Five players.
    So here is a skill gap.

    However it is also pretty clear that there are “form waves” some days can log on and barely win a game other days can hardly lose, and it not because of being out of form or whatever.
    People are not simply imagining it, and anyone who thinks it imagination is very naive imo
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    lippyone wrote: »
    But better players do win.
    Yes there are some games they will lose against weaker players, but generally better players win. Division One players are far better than Division Five players.
    So here is a skill gap.

    However it is also pretty clear that there are “form waves” some days can log on and barely win a game other days can hardly lose, and it not because of being out of form or whatever.
    People are not simply imagining it, and anyone who thinks it imagination is very naive imo

    Obviously there's a skill gap but it's the lowest it's ever been. As you say there will be a difference between a div 5 and div 1 player but match a div 5 and div 4 player and anyone can win.
  • lippyone
    1165 posts Professional
    lippyone wrote: »
    But better players do win.
    Yes there are some games they will lose against weaker players, but generally better players win. Division One players are far better than Division Five players.
    So here is a skill gap.

    However it is also pretty clear that there are “form waves” some days can log on and barely win a game other days can hardly lose, and it not because of being out of form or whatever.
    People are not simply imagining it, and anyone who thinks it imagination is very naive imo

    Obviously there's a skill gap but it's the lowest it's ever been. As you say there will be a difference between a div 5 and div 1 player but match a div 5 and div 4 player and anyone can win.

    That is not totally unexpected though, a div 5 player beating a div 4 player. Especially as a high ranked div Five player is likely to be paired with someone near the bottom of div 4. Probably 60/40 in favour of the div 4 player

  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    lippyone wrote: »
    lippyone wrote: »
    But better players do win.
    Yes there are some games they will lose against weaker players, but generally better players win. Division One players are far better than Division Five players.
    So here is a skill gap.

    However it is also pretty clear that there are “form waves” some days can log on and barely win a game other days can hardly lose, and it not because of being out of form or whatever.
    People are not simply imagining it, and anyone who thinks it imagination is very naive imo

    Obviously there's a skill gap but it's the lowest it's ever been. As you say there will be a difference between a div 5 and div 1 player but match a div 5 and div 4 player and anyone can win.

    That is not totally unexpected though, a div 5 player beating a div 4 player. Especially as a high ranked div Five player is likely to be paired with someone near the bottom of div 4. Probably 60/40 in favour of the div 4 player

    I only used that as an example as I thought it would have got my point across but in reality there isn't really a skill gap between div 5 and div 3 (possibly even 2).

    What I'm trying to say is the skill gap will exist when you're at a very high level and very low level but everyone between that it's basically a coin toss.
  • Heshyooo
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    jplumber wrote: »
    Hi all,
    After years and years of playing fifa, I'm just so sick of the game helping out weaker players. I've lost count of the number of times a killer pass was intercepted by an ai controlled player sticking his foot out at the last second; the real player, on the other hand, had no idea how to read the attack and only survived because of all the hand holding. I could go on and on; there are so many mechanics like this. Fifa in my eyes is one of the least competitive games I have ever played because of this. eSports? Don't make me laugh!

    It needs proper regulation into their algorithms etc but because it's such a grey area and new business concept to get money from the consumers, the law is powerless until it changes with the times.
  • silverdale10
    1327 posts Professional
    edited August 29
    I've only played a handful of games this past week but it's felt very unusual to play, I've come up against a lot of 95-99 loan cards on rivals and I'm absolutely battering most of them, earlier today I was 5-0 up at HT (when he RQ'd) against yet another team including Rondaldo and Pele 99s. Do you not get any help if you've got top rated players then?
Sign In or Register to comment.