EA: better players SHOULD win!

1
jplumber
1427 posts Play-Off Hero
Hi all,
After years and years of playing fifa, I'm just so sick of the game helping out weaker players. I've lost count of the number of times a killer pass was intercepted by an ai controlled player sticking his foot out at the last second; the real player, on the other hand, had no idea how to read the attack and only survived because of all the hand holding. I could go on and on; there are so many mechanics like this. Fifa in my eyes is one of the least competitive games I have ever played because of this. eSports? Don't make me laugh!

Comments

  • Wi1son73
    2034 posts Fans' Favourite
    100% agree mate...
    Your know your opponent doesn’t have a clue because the intercepted player stands still for the short time. Whiles the person just realised it happened and try’s to highlight that player
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 22
    Agree on this.

    I seriously hate the auto slide and tackles. Def sticking a leg out isnt the worse, it’s when the comp slides for my opponents to intercept my final pass in the penalty box which irritates me the most.

    Then when I manually try to track the passes or runs, my player is never getting it.
  • Wi1son73
    2034 posts Fans' Favourite
    Also the 10-15 shots mostly in the box goes to row Z or Spider-Man saves them, only for the ONE attack by your opponent near 45mims goes in no problem
  • Covkilla91mob
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa caters for casuals on 19 especially.

    20 hopefully gets on to that but since day 1 ea sports have got balances wrong and make good lose to bad alot
  • Azof
    16417 posts World Class
    They do that is why the same people finish consistently in elite 1/top 100.
  • Ruprecht
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I found the 20 beta a lot fairer in that respect. In UT rivals in won the first 5 comfortably when I was the better player then got absolutely hammered in the next 4 against people that were just miles better than me, couldn't complain about any of it.

    Saying that though, I didnt enjoy the gameplay and the pack animations made me feel ill.
  • Wi1son73
    2034 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    I found the 20 beta a lot fairer in that respect. In UT rivals in won the first 5 comfortably when I was the better player then got absolutely hammered in the next 4 against people that were just miles better than me, couldn't complain about any of it.

    Saying that though, I didnt enjoy the gameplay and the pack animations made me feel ill.

    Wtf is pack animation all about
  • Ruprecht
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    I found the 20 beta a lot fairer in that respect. In UT rivals in won the first 5 comfortably when I was the better player then got absolutely hammered in the next 4 against people that were just miles better than me, couldn't complain about any of it.

    Saying that though, I didnt enjoy the gameplay and the pack animations made me feel ill.

    Wtf is pack animation all about

    The new pack animation where the player is at the end of a tunnel. Genuinely felt sick after opening a few packs with the coins they gave. Sad but true.
  • Wi1son73
    2034 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought what the hell is going on here. Far to much just for a packs.. 🙈🙈🙈
  • Adrew
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    EA can make bigger impact of stats and then you would call it pay to win.

    If it favours weaker opponents, it's scripted, or doesn't reward the player for investing time or money.

    If it introduces more skill-moves, in response of players asking for skill gap increase, we call those moves silly and unrealistic.

    Make up your mind, or settle for whatever EA makes it for you.

    I do agree that AI and assisted stuff shoud be toned down. But skill is not the only factor. Often skillfull players tend to over-complicate, and there's always luck in a physics based, or RNG based game, and Fifa has both.

    Better is also prone to interpretation. I'd argue that using "exploits" is what better exactly means, most wouldn't agree.

    100% agree, mate!

    Some BS or scripted moments might be acceptable (you or your opponent get advantage of that), but lags or delays really kill the game!
  • leon1309
    4190 posts National Call-Up
    The Best thing is when you manualy defend and position your Player perfectly, instead of intercepting the ball, it goes through his legs...Love that one!
  • Pooter
    1289 posts Professional
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?
  • FijiBoy
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same here. Playing against god squads but my opponents are clueless. Its just having a better team makes you a winner. Multiple shots hitting post or gk saves that are impossible. But come 80mins my opponent goes 2 up in quick sheet goals.
  • Chavez76
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    there is so much contradiction in this thread..

    'EA favors the weaker squad'
    'I loose because my opponent has a God squad'
    ??

    o/t:
    I fully agree that manual defending should be rewarded, but alos concider the fact that it's impossible to control all the players at the same time.
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    there is so much contradiction in this thread..

    'EA favors the weaker squad'
    'I loose because my opponent has a God squad'
    ??

    o/t:
    I fully agree that manual defending should be rewarded, but alos concider the fact that it's impossible to control all the players at the same time.

    These two statements are actually two sides of the same coin. God squads generally require less user input to perform well - bounces go to them, AI interceptions happen more often. However, even a weaker squad is heavily assisted - the AI will generally perform well even if the user can't read the play. You feel this when the user sets the controller aside and it's still difficult to break down the defense because of all the AI auto mechanics.
  • Alex_cr
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    jplumber wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.

    You’re missing the point here. Whether you agree with the mechanics of a game or not, it’s all about playing the game to its advantages if it’s all about winning to you.

    It’s not a coincidence you keep getting beaten by ‘inferior’ players, it’s that they are better at the game than you. You might be able to play pretty football but that gets you nowhere.

    So you’ve a decision to make. Do you want to win or do you want to enjoy playing good football at the expense of results? I personally choose the latter.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.
  • zeultuturor
    567 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    it's really not hard to control the player closest to the ball. i do that without any problems. maybe, just maybe, it's you being really really really bad. you literally have to press one button and you control the player. but then again, if you would press that button you wouldn't be able to run around your box with your st, right?
  • Knowlesdinho
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 23
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    it's really not hard to control the player closest to the ball. i do that without any problems. maybe, just maybe, it's you being really really really bad. you literally have to press one button and you control the player. but then again, if you would press that button you wouldn't be able to run around your box with your st, right?

    Anyone who has played me on here knows that I don’t play like that...gratuitous assumption on your part.

    As I said, remove it all...I’ll laugh as you complain.

    Edit: Also when did I say that it’s hard to control the player closest to the ball? Almost everything I mentioned is off the ball. Someone presses LB to send their player on a run, you see it so switch to block the run, and they pass it the other way...literally impossible to cover every scenario without AI assistance!
  • Invincibility
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    FIFA is like watching UFC.. Anyone can win at any moment
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.

    You’re missing the point here. Whether you agree with the mechanics of a game or not, it’s all about playing the game to its advantages if it’s all about winning to you.

    It’s not a coincidence you keep getting beaten by ‘inferior’ players, it’s that they are better at the game than you. You might be able to play pretty football but that gets you nowhere.

    So you’ve a decision to make. Do you want to win or do you want to enjoy playing good football at the expense of results? I personally choose the latter.

    What makes you think I keep losing to inferior players? I was just complaining about what I stated above.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 23
    It make business sense to help worse player, if you get destroyed everytime by good players you would stop playing and won't buy fifa points.

    That's why pay2win model and competitive e-sport can't exist together.
  • mindm4ster
    4927 posts Big Money Move
    ".... NAH" - Ea probably
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 23
    EA don't want the better player to win everytime. It would hurt profits.

    They're doing a fantastic job of making sure this isn't the case.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    EA don't want the better player to win everytime. It would hurt profits.

    They're doing a fantastic job of making sure this isn't the case.

    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae2c087a0e71b6ef4000f14c70f3e4f0a0166b8bf&rid=giphy.gif
  • Alex_cr
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Perhaps you’re getting worse and playing against better players than yourself, did you ever think like that?

    I think if you've played fifa for a while, you have a pretty good idea of whether your facing a better player or a weaker player who relies heavily on assisted play.

    You’re missing the point here. Whether you agree with the mechanics of a game or not, it’s all about playing the game to its advantages if it’s all about winning to you.

    It’s not a coincidence you keep getting beaten by ‘inferior’ players, it’s that they are better at the game than you. You might be able to play pretty football but that gets you nowhere.

    So you’ve a decision to make. Do you want to win or do you want to enjoy playing good football at the expense of results? I personally choose the latter.

    Because you made a post saying the better player should win? So either you feel you’re losing to players you consider inferior, or you’re the one winning against better and you’ve had enough.

    Can’t see it being the latter.
  • Thefranchise92
    3556 posts National Call-Up
    What constitutes a better player though? Just having the ball more?
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    I hope they completely remove AI defending, not because I’m personally against it, but because I look forward to the endless moan threads about it when they do.

    The basic concept that many fail to understand is that you can only efficiently control 1 player at a time. So if AI defending is removed...the players don’t move, and will just part like the Red Sea.

    “It’s the lunges, auto tackles, blocks I’m talking about” I hear you say...well the same principle applies. It’s impossible to switch to the correct player you need to make a block of every shot, or to block every run, or to make every last ditch tackle etc...EVEN if they fixed player switching and made it more effective...it is impossible for us to react quick enough to cover every eventuality.

    So remove it all I say...and I’ll point out your self righteous attitude when you’re complaining that it’s impossible to defend.

    I don't mind the ai lunges, auto tackeles, as far as it's not one-sided. I have so many games that only the opponent's AI was turned on.
    Also, the sliding tackle blocking is just totally wrong. AI shouldn't do that. AI player should only reacts within a very limited vicinity.
Sign In or Register to comment.