Has anyone already tested the difficulties in career mode?

Dennis1991
62 posts Park Captain
In FIFA 19 The difficulty Levels were very Boring.

Comments

• mfmaxpower
    74 posts Park Captain
    They seem about the same. Unfortunately Career Mode is WAY too easy again.
  • forearms
    4721 posts National Call-Up
    Genuine question to the users that complain about career mode difficulty:

How much have you done regarding increasing CPU sliders, and/or decreasing user sliders? The good thing about playing against the CPU, is that you can tailor the gameplay to suit the experience you are attempting to have.
  • mfmaxpower
    74 posts Park Captain
    forearms wrote: »

How much have you done regarding increasing CPU sliders, and/or decreasing user sliders? The good thing about playing against the CPU, is that you can tailor the gameplay to suit the experience you are attempting to have.

Short answer: Tons.

Longer answer: Every year I'll mess with sliders but they're an insufficient solution. Not only do slider changes almost always have negative unintended consequences, but we simply don't have enough sliders.

For example, you can make passing harder but you can't really make dribbling, without messing around with speed discrepancies, which I hate. So without sliders to make dribbling more challenging, every year I can regularly dribble half the pitch several times in a match.

Another example is that you can do some things to make the CPU a little more defensively sound but the AI just can't handle how attack oriented the game is. You can lower the run frequency slider to make it easier on the defensive AI, but still there's way too many exploits.

Plus, there's issues in CM that have nothing to do with gameplay. For example, in the past Form has been massively OP, and once you get on good form it can be tough to lose. Also, CPU controlled teams have been bad about not starting their top players, or ruining their squads in the transfer market, so often you're not even playing against the CPU's best squad. And then it's just way too easy to upgrade your own team.
  • forearms
    4721 posts National Call-Up
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »

Short answer: Tons.

Longer answer: Every year I'll mess with sliders but they're an insufficient solution. Not only do slider changes almost always have negative unintended consequences, but we simply don't have enough sliders.

For example, you can make passing harder but you can't really make dribbling, without messing around with speed discrepancies, which I hate. So without sliders to make dribbling more challenging, every year I can regularly dribble half the pitch several times in a match.

Another example is that you can do some things to make the CPU a little more defensively sound but the AI just can't handle how attack oriented the game is. You can lower the run frequency slider to make it easier on the defensive AI, but still there's way too many exploits.

Plus, there's issues in CM that have nothing to do with gameplay. For example, in the past Form has been massively OP, and once you get on good form it can be tough to lose. Also, CPU controlled teams have been bad about not starting their top players, or ruining their squads in the transfer market, so often you're not even playing against the CPU's best squad. And then it's just way too easy to upgrade your own team.

I appreciate the detailed response. Thank you for that.

Just from past experiences, it seemed upping the CPU marking, and decreasing the user acceleration made it much more difficult to dribble against. At least for me. But I'm not the greatest player either.

Anyway, looks like you have tried what I thought could help. Good luck in getting what you want from EA though. They really could care less about non FUT players.