End of a era?

Skely
840 posts Professional
Been playing fifa forever... even when pes was better. But the past few years and how this year went... enough is enough. Trying pes 19 and wow... and how easier is to obtain players I want to play with. For who is thinking about give EA a wake up call, after they milk all they could this year...

https://realsport101.com/news/other-esports/pes/realopinions-why-pes-2020-will-crush-fifa-20-to-be-the-best-football-game-beta-demo-volta-juventus-fortnite-konami-ea/

Comments

• leon1309
    4203 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 22
    I’m good I’ll stick with fifa.

You forgot to write its miles better :)
  • Vix14
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Skely wrote: »
    even when pes was better

When?
  • Wi1son73
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite
    I tried the demo, but didn’t play it much, wasn’t too impressed! Remember I was PESFanboy up too 2008.
    I had high hopes for Fifa20, But after playing the beta, I’ve realised it’s just the same as fifa19 with different animations.

So I might give pes another try and be more open minded
  • Bobo23
    865 posts Semi-Pro
    I was lucky enough to receive the Fifa 20 beta code, played 2 games and that was enough for me. Fifa 20 is no different to 19, same old game. It's terrible.

Also been playing the PES demo, and my word it's so much better than Fifa. For anyone who just wants to enjoy a football game, PES is the game to play imo. Fifa just has people addicted to fut. PES is overall the better football playing game!
  • EekAlaska
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    No FIFA or PES for me. I have better things to do with my life now then spend 20+ hrs a week playing one game
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Vix14 wrote: »
    even when pes was better

When?

International Superstar Soccer was better than Fifa in 1995.
  • Hibee
    12070 posts Has That Special Something
    even when pes was better

When?

PES used to be miles better than FIFA, they were not even comparable. Its why there is an option to use 'alternative' controls which are basically the old PES controls.
  • Vix14
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hibee wrote: »
    even when pes was better

When?

PES used to be miles better than FIFA, they were not even comparable. Its why there is an option to use 'alternative' controls which are basically the old PES controls.
    even when pes was better

When?

International Superstar Soccer was better than Fifa in 1995.
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    even when pes was better

When?

Up to about 2007.

Thanks for this info. I really had no clue.
  • NathW90
    367 posts An Exciting Prospect
    On mindless, EA sheep will still insist FIFA is stoll the better game at this point, and if you think the PES demo is no good then you either don't understand football, can't get over being bad at it and not being able to play it how FIFA plays, can't see past your FIFA fanboyism or, most likely, a mixture of all three.

Enjoy being **** all over by EA and wasting your money on yet another broken, painfully unrealistic game.
  • apoelfc
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 22
    For me both fifa and pes are bad gameplay wise but fifa is a lot better in content.. Still don't know if I'm getting fifa 20 though, I might wait for the next gen
  • swfcfan89
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    PES was untouchable on the PS2. Never adapted to the PS3/360, been slowly improving in recent years but still struggling to get the magic back. Not impressed with the demo.
  • Ishibum
    12482 posts Has That Special Something
    even when pes was better

When?

To think, I still use that Control setup to this day.
  • Invincibility
    3877 posts National Call-Up
    i'm OG Diehard PES player from ISS Time.. but they just lack the content EA's offering us weekly nowadays
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional
    Had a hard time when I play the demo at first. You can’t just shot from anywhere. The ball don’t just magically always go to who you pass regardless how you pass, etc. I think what will bother a lot people is... is to easy to build a nice team with great players( people do love the grind) Legends aren’t much better, but most a nostalgic way of playing. And is no manual defending. I was surprised With last one.
    Still, to play with friends and online... so far is been a lot fun. Ohhhhh and there’s a max of one goal commemoration... why have fifa not done yet to stop all that time waste that anoy so many... cause Fifa don’t listen!!!! They Don’t need too...
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional
    i'm OG Diehard PES player from ISS Time.. but they just lack the content EA's offering us weekly nowadays

What content? Same players, with better status? So your player becomes irrelevant. We were just built to believe that’s fun. I want to play football... fifa is all about the market, and open packs. I know some people that barely play... but loves the market. On pes your player grows as you play. No need for those sbcs or whatever
  • Ishibum
    12482 posts Has That Special Something
    I've said before and I'll say again, the only thing that has stopped me moving to pes is the fact their game is an atrocious experience for me online. The netcode is worse than FIFA's (and we all know how bad FIFA's is)
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional
    And for people that keep complaining about facing better teams... so far... it always try to match me with people on the same team strength. But like someone said in here... of the other person is better them you... your team won’t help much.
    Anyway... all I am saying is for the people tired of EA way of threatening us, paying customers... give pes a try. At least a few games.
    I am still a fan of fifa. Playing from 95 til now with never Missing a a year. I hope things change...and maybe with competition... it will. But if it doesn’t... I can’t justify buying the same game
    Just to start over my fut team.
  • FinEverton
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 22
    Been playing fifa forever... even when pes was better. But the past few years and how this year went... enough is enough. Trying pes 19 and wow... and how easier is to obtain players I want to play with. For who is thinking about give EA a wake up call, after they milk all they could this year...

https://realsport101.com/news/other-esports/pes/realopinions-why-pes-2020-will-crush-fifa-20-to-be-the-best-football-game-beta-demo-volta-juventus-fortnite-konami-ea/

Didnt want switch to Pes, but preordered it. Like you said eough is enough.
  • Thefranchise92
    3733 posts National Call-Up

If you've been playing fifa even when it was worse then you were part of the problem ( was it licensing, that enticed you). Not sure about now, but i doubt you will stick with pes if you couldn't even buy it when it was better. Its most certainly been worse on the latest gen
  • Invincibility
    3877 posts National Call-Up

What content? Same players, with better status? So your player becomes irrelevant. We were just built to believe that’s fun. I want to play football... fifa is all about the market, and open packs. I know some people that barely play... but loves the market. On pes your player grows as you play. No need for those sbcs or whatever

GL browsing in a 90's PES Menu
  • FinEverton
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect

Im more than happy to browse 80's Nintendo menus if the gameplay is just good. Dont see the real the issue. Its same thing with PES and Fifa: GL to find game without delay.
  • zeultuturor
    615 posts An Exciting Prospect

i enjoy more being better to get better players than being a no lifer to get better players. to each their own. i enjoy much better to play 30 games a week and be able to change my team whenever i like rather than play 500 games to boost my players and then get stuck with them or change them and farm 500 games again just to get to the same spot
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional

If you've been playing fifa even when it was worse then you were part of the problem ( was it licensing, that enticed you). Not sure about now, but i doubt you will stick with pes if you couldn't even buy it when it was better. Its most certainly been worse on the latest gen

It was for license. Didn’t like to play with players that had weird names. And fifa was not about money back them. You buy the game and you got all the content. I have a try... pes looks beautiful, and it’s never to late to change the problem. I know only me leaving EA won’t be nothing. But eventually... more and more will leave. Wish the best on all staying and hopefully fifa stops been so much about money.
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional

i enjoy more being better to get better players than being a no lifer to get better players. to each their own. i enjoy much better to play 30 games a week and be able to change my team whenever i like rather than play 500 games to boost my players and then get stuck with them or change them and farm 500 games again just to get to the same spot

I am not sure how many games it is need to boost the players yet. I got Bebeto, Maldini and Batistuta in 4 days playing and looking forward to see how it goes the progression. But about the same spot... I am average... gold 2 on weekend league. I was gold 2 with a **** team...
    now I have prime Ronaldo, otw cr7,prime ronaldinho, prime gullit, prime best, prime Vieira, prime Eusebio... and still on the same spot as you said. Anyway... I like the idea of fifa... I just dislike the pack odds, and how when I have the team I want, the game is over.
  • Thefranchise92
    3733 posts National Call-Up

It was for license. Didn’t like to play with players that had weird names. And fifa was not about money back them. You buy the game and you got all the content. I have a try... pes looks beautiful, and it’s never to late to change the problem. I know only me leaving EA won’t be nothing. But eventually... more and more will leave. Wish the best on all staying and hopefully fifa stops been so much about money.

Why does player names have any relevance when the gameplay is the main thing. Thats why we are where we are now
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional

Why does player names have any relevance when the gameplay is the main thing. Thats why we are where we are now

Been playing from 95. Back them was important to me. It was more about playing vs friends. I really didn’t get to online playing until many years later. I was all about career mode and playing vs friends here and there.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite

fifa menus are veeeery bad aswell. they are very slow and the search function for the transfermarket is terrible.
  • Neil_14
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ishibum wrote: »
    even when pes was better

When?

To think, I still use that Control setup to this day.

Aha I still use same control set up from PES days too. PES 06 was probably my favourite but I loved it from PES 2 through to 2008. I bought 2009 that was my last PES and Fifa 10 was my first Fifa since Sega days. I enjoy Fifa now even though it's frustrating at times, I imagine most games with online elements can get frustrating.