188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Thoughts?

Comments

• xinj
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thoughts: old news
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    fun card till December. then it will be useless, because EA think only +6 Ft. players can play football
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13245 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 21
    Wasn't he in the game before? If so.

Snore
  • Arron xox
    2973 posts National Call-Up

Snore

No he weren't
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13079 posts Has That Special Something

Snore

@P1tch_1nvaderz88 you are thinking of Valderrama I think?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

Snore

Think both were in the game previously bud. Around the same time as Romario (my claim to famel
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13079 posts Has That Special Something

Snore

Think both were in the game previously bud. Around the same time as Romario (my claim to famel

Futhead generation squad builder would suggest no
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

Snore

Futhead generation squad builder would suggest no

Hmmm.... Thought he had like, still... There are more players that would bring bigger hype inho... He's meh to most
  • sido1968
    1313 posts Professional
    Pre-order sales down in Mexico?
  • Gnomenclature
    3110 posts National Call-Up
    Dude scored a boat load of goals... you'd think if ea were gonna add another Mexican it would have been cuautemoc Blanco or rafa marquez?
  • starfox1284
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dude scored a boat load of goals... you'd think if ea were gonna add another Mexican it would have been cuautemoc Blanco or rafa marquez?

Marquez was a solid defender....not sure he was icon quality.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5196 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 21

Might want to google Rafa Marquez current legal issues... although he could probably use the money to pay his attorney. EA won’t be going near that one.

Edit: after further research, it appears it would be illegal for EA to even do business with Marquez at the current time.
  • Gnomenclature

Might want to google Rafa Marquez current legal issues... although he could probably use the money to pay his attorney. EA won’t be going near that one.

Edit: after further research, it appears it would be illegal for EA to even do business with Marquez at the current time.

Honestly, I couldn't stand him as a person. When he was in New York, it was all drama. Dude thought he was the 2nd coming...

However, Mexicans really love the guy. I was basing my pick on that... I would never use a Mexican icon in my team - that's like rooting for Everton if you're a Liverpool fan imo.
  • Ishibum
    12395 posts Has That Special Something

Marquez was a solid defender....not sure he was icon quality.

99 Cartel involvement
  • KING_HENKE
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 21
    would never use a Mexican icon in my team - that's like rooting for Everton if you're a Liverpool fan imo.
    Racist as ****

So much ignorance in this thread from kids who probably only know SKY TV era football. Sanchez had a remarkable career and is absolutely an iconic Real Madrid player. Morons.
  • Team Sam
    1878 posts Fans' Favourite

Honestly, I couldn't stand him as a person. When he was in New York, it was all drama. Dude thought he was the 2nd coming...

However, Mexicans really love the guy. I was basing my pick on that... I would never use a Mexican icon in my team - that's like rooting for Everton if you're a Liverpool fan imo.

It's really not the same.

Players choose the clubs they play for. You can't choose where you're born. (I know some players have dual nationalities and can choose to some extent, but it's not like if they're half Portuguese/Brazilian they can choose to be Welsh).
  • Gnomenclature
    KING_HENKE wrote: »
    would never use a Mexican icon in my team - that's like rooting for Everton if you're a Liverpool fan imo.
    Racist as ****

So much ignorance in this thread from kids who probably only know SKY TV era football. Sanchez had a remarkable career and is absolutely an iconic Real Madrid player. Morons.

Not racists... It's the team, not the people or country lol. This is a forum about football... Mexico (the national team) is the USAs (again national team) greatest rival...

I'm not sure how it's any different than an Everton fan refusing to use a Liverpool player on their ultimate team...

I'm not attacking skin color, culture, cuisine, or any other characteristics related to a person's nationality... only and purely football (the world's game).
  • Ishibum
    Racist as ****

So I presume you would have tots Tavernier in your team if he was better than your current option? :lol:
  • EekAlaska
    1664 posts Play-Off Hero
    Blanco would be fun if they made him 20 pace but somehow recreated his ability to hold the ball. Would also be fun to use his hop move if it actually worked.
  • KING_HENKE
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 22
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Racist as ****

So I presume you would have tots Tavernier in your team if he was better than your current option? :lol:

What?! How is that the same? Rival clubs and the refusal to use an entire race is not even vaguely similar. I’ve used plenty of English players despite Scotland and England being the world’s oldest and most bitter rivalry.
  • Tootrill22
    1646 posts Play-Off Hero
    Racist as ****

Bit over the top to say this. Seems like he's basing it just on the rivalry.
  • CeeQue
    10961 posts Has That Special Something
    I would use him just for the afro.
  • BayernBru
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Racist as ****

@KING_HENKE bit far mate. @Gnomenclature is just talking in the sense of footballing rivalry.

Would you have Bobby Moore in your team? I definitely wouldn't!
  • Hibee
    12027 posts Has That Special Something
    I will use him. Sanchez was an absolute legend in his time.
  • Nobody will use him if he still has the same composure as he did in classic xi
    https://en.ultrafifa.com/Player_Fifa17=166149
  • SuperSonicSean
    5967 posts Big Money Move
    I'm fine with him being included, but sadly, it looks like I'll be waiting yet another year for the inclusion of a single American icon.
  • Ishibum
    BayernBru wrote: »
    Racist as ****

@KING_HENKE bit far mate. @Gnomenclature is just talking in the sense of footballing rivalry.

Would you have Bobby Moore in your team? I definitely wouldn't!

At least one Celtic guy gets it.
  • Vixonner
    93 posts Park Captain
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Racist as ****

What?! How is that the same? Rival clubs and the refusal to use an entire race is not even vaguely similar. I’ve used plenty of English players despite Scotland and England being the world’s oldest and most bitter rivalry.

Since when are mexicans a race?
  • Agalopez65
    77 posts Park Captain
    Gotta get Fifa 20 it seems, if they could just bring in Marquez as well.... Not sure how his legal issues have gone though.
  • aladdin
    888 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm fine with him being included, but sadly, it looks like I'll be waiting yet another year for the inclusion of a single American icon.

that’s because there’s no such thing as an american icon in football