high speed ping-pong is back?

Comments

• Iqbalev
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Disgusting, EA gamechanger should be the person that understand football.
  • Joestoe
    4598 posts National Call-Up
    Did they **** up again?
  • Supermario911
    1224 posts Professional
    sEEN I had the beta code today, played 1 game and turned it off

Same old gameplay, too fast and not realistic at all.
  • BrunoPower
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Really EA..... Did they really just change it because of a few pro players whining? What a joke..
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Based on that video, it seems that slow train is not coming 😔
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 21
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Based on that video, it seems that slow train is not coming 😔
    It's so slow that it is nowhere near the station yet.
    Well, maybe we'll be seeing it approaching the platform next year. It can't be slower than that can it?
  • Koolfashion
    2566 posts Fans' Favourite
    Based on the videos we are getting fifa 19.0002
  • QuidoFrontiere
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    10:39, what the hell is that? Same as f19, cross and defender let attacker score. Of course 45+minute
  • NDJ591
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Beta Gameplay is near perfection atm.
  • Pablofsi08
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 21
    The pace looks fine except maybe on receptions where they are a little too quick for such strong passes, and of course passes should be more manual, less automatic and you should need to get close to the right direction at least in order for your players to receive the ball (when it's outside of your area). What is more worrying is that:

1. Defenders still have too big of a hitbox and it's still too hard to get past them on a 1v1 without too much space
    2. Headers are still too powerful. Can you please EA fix that already?
    3. I haven't really seen an indication of manual defending giving you some kind of buff to your defense. Like, I've seen overpowered and precise tackles like in Fifa 19 when you are in a straight line with the attacker but I haven't seen a buff or a difference on turning speed for example comparing manual vs automatic. There should be clear differences and defenders should be slower to change directions when automatic.

Besides that I liked that CMs and defenders seem to be keeping defensive positions better especially CMs who rarely ever went back to cover spaces on the defense, their positional defensive AI has improved a lot, I like that.
  • jiajia3
    89 posts Park Captain
    They need to stop taking the advice of 'pro gamers', these 'pros' play the game in a completely different way to the average consumer which must make up the majority of the player base.

I imagine the average player is buying fifa for a football experience at heart and plays how they feel football is played not like the pros who play to win through the exploits of the game.

Most people do not play or want to play that way, this game should be made for the average consumer not the pros.
    That’s a good point ,let’s look at PES 2020, they invited to Andres Iniesta to improve the game.....what a shame
  • Bayaeraking408
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seems like everyone jumping of pes I myself going to give it a try
  • Isco233
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    I‘m literally shocked - we almost had it. Then they ruined it with that stupid pacey patch to please the cry babies! It’s absolutely disgusting!

Then separate all online game modes in two. One for arcade players that need assists and super fast gameplay speed. And one for simulation players that doesn’t need assists or 300 Mph gameplay speed.

I want the beautiful game of football to by fully immersive and 100% authentic!

Seriously EA! Your FIFA franchise can’t take another year of ping pong passing and frantic gameplay speeds. People are leaving the game. It’s make or brake now. Last chance!

But you have the solution.
    Try pes 20 Demo. Slow realistic gameplay.
    No ping pong passing and no ****.
    You can easly download a smal file with all the real teams and players if u play on ps4 or pc.
  • Benja190782
    1250 posts Professional
    @Isco233 I did try the PES 20 demo and I love it! Pure football as it should be. But sadly I’m on Xbox so no real teams and players.
  • Benja190782
    1250 posts Professional
    Another solution for the insane high paced gameplay speed in FIFA 20, is to make passing and shooting more manual. Atleast semi-assisted controls as default. That would make passes less frantic and lower paced, which would make the entire football experience more authentic.

On top of that, it makes absolutely no sence that defending is hardcore manual (which it should be) but attacking is still heavyly assisted with passing and shooting.

I know we are all in the same boat, but defending and attacking should be balanced. Which means manual controlled.
  • Koolfashion
    2566 posts Fans' Favourite
    I pretty much trust Kurt on Fifa 20. Most of people here hates everything and after that they spend half a day on console + companion during september-august :D
  • Supermario911
    1224 posts Professional
    I pretty much trust Kurt on Fifa 20. Most of people here hates everything and after that they spend half a day on console + companion during september-august :D

u wot m8, doesn't make sense?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5449 posts Big Money Move
    FIFA 19.2
  • Pablofsi08
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Another solution for the insane high paced gameplay speed in FIFA 20, is to make passing and shooting more manual. Atleast semi-assisted controls as default. That would make passes less frantic and lower paced, which would make the entire football experience more authentic.

On top of that, it makes absolutely no sence that defending is hardcore manual (which it should be) but attacking is still heavyly assisted with passing and shooting.

I know we are all in the same boat, but defending and attacking should be balanced. Which means manual controlled.

Or you know, you can introduce a mechanic called personal defense so your CDM stands next to an attacker, making it impossible to continue an "unstoppable" pass pong (which I can stop by marking people manually moving there way in advance).
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    sheesh that pace speed is off putting, they're listening to the kids I guess.
  • swfcfan89
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    Isco233 wrote: »

Agreed.
    Slower and manual shooting and passing.
    But this will kill the “pros”

To be fair they'd probably adapt and be good at that too because of the time they put in. It's literally their job to be good at the game. They don't have the same commitments as the majority of players so they will always be among the better players based on that alone.

I'm with you, though. I can't take it seriously as an Esport with how assisted everything is. Unfortunately if they changed it too much there would be a backlash from a large section of the community forcing them to continue to keep manual settings as optional.
  • Finesse_4days
    6804 posts Big Money Move
    looks great to me, but I find Fifa 19 far too slow and Fifa 15 which was pretty fast was my favourite, play Pes if you want a simulation . Slow gameplay is ****, by the time it takes to make a pass and then control the ball on the ball on slow gameplay the defence has already had an age to reshape and reposition.
    With skills and exploits like flick up crosses nerfed , in slow gameplay with better tackling and much better jockeying how would you actually score many goals in 2 6minute halfs? Each game would be a 1 or 2 -0 bore fest.