Will there be any tournaments in Fifa Ultimate Team 20?

fetchitfudge
440 posts Sunday League Hero
Question's in the title!

I used to love the tournaments in the old FUTs. That's what I used to play all the time. Never used to play the leagues. Now it's all league. It's a massive grind now. Not sure if I can cope with another year of the grind.

So if anybody knows if there'll be tournaments in this year's FUT, that will be great. I've had a look myself and haven't quite found anything yet, but maybe I haven't looked far enough.

Cheers!

Comments

• swfcfan89
    950 posts Semi-Pro
    Doubt it. If there was they'd be selling it as a new feature knowing them.
  • fetchitfudge
    swfcfan89 wrote: »
    Doubt it. If there was they'd be selling it as a new feature knowing them.

Hehe. Yeah.

I don't care how they sell it to be honest. If they include tournaments on FUT again they can claim they invented tournaments and this is the first ever tournament mode on any game ever, for all I care!

Just gimme tournies back instead of the never ending league grind!
  • Ishibum
    12709 posts Has That Special Something
    It's not like the community had been screaming for a mode that isn't as competitive as Rivals or Weekend League (e.g. bringing back the hold cup). Oh wait, that's exactly what has been happening :lol:

They want folk hooked on the grind. Casual play modes goes against that.
  • WarrenBarton
    8054 posts League Winner
    The only remaining tournament mode (draft) needs a big revamp
  • greif44
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ishibum wrote: »
    It's not like the community had been screaming for a mode that isn't as competitive as Rivals or Weekend League (e.g. bringing back the hold cup). Oh wait, that's exactly what has been happening :lol:

tournaments are definitely more competitive than Rivals. Lot of people could not even qualify to WL in 17 when the access was given after winning DKT.

that's exactly why I'd bring them back. The only reason to enter draft mode is a chance to try top players, other than that it's not rewarding at all
  • Orison
    49446 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Ishibum wrote: »

I mean they are introducing a mode that you can use for the most casual games ever or to set up games against elite+ players to get some training.

It doesn't cost fitness or contracts.

Don't know what more people want for a casual mode.
  • madwullie
    4742 posts National Call-Up
    There are friendlies with house rules I think as an attempt to bring in less competitive game modes.

Still absolutely no point in about 97% of the cards in the database though 😔
  • fetchitfudge
    Anyone got any solid answers to this one yet? Will there be tournaments in FUT 20?

• 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone got any solid answers to this one yet? Will there be tournaments in FUT 20?

No.
  • skHH
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    madwullie wrote: »
    There are friendlies with house rules I think as an attempt to bring in less competitive game modes.

well there is if you dont mind not being competitive
  • WFCBagnall
    71328 posts Moderator

Unfortunately there won't be.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    skHH wrote: »

I don’t understand why people want to use bad players. It makes no sense to me unless you’re an utterly terrible player
  • skHH

I don’t understand why people want to use bad players. It makes no sense to me unless you’re an utterly terrible player

because some people get bored using the same players all the time or they just like that player irl
  • 3MenandaBebe

because some people get bored using the same players all the time or they just like that player irl

The remaining 3% is plenty to build multiple teams and not get bored.

If you want to use a terrible player. You can use them in squad battles
  • fetchitfudge
    Cheers folks.

Not sure whether to go for fifa this year...

I like making a fantasy team and trading and stuff, but I don’t like how much of a grind the game has become. They should give you the options in fut... keep league for people that like it, but put in tournies as well...

Perhaps Volta might be a fun reason to get Fifa this season instead of fut. I’m not sure what that will be like.
  • Knowlesdinho
    11148 posts Has That Special Something

What a silly comment! A player doesn’t use bad players because they are rubbish at the game, many do it for a challenge or for fun.

Every year I’ll create a squad with terrible players just for the laughs because it’s amazing beating people that take the game too seriously with a duff squad.
  • skHH

The remaining 3% is plenty to build multiple teams and not get bored.

If you want to use a terrible player. You can use them in squad battles

Didn't realise you could tell people who to use, idk why you're complaining anyway, surely it makes games easier
  • Dragon0102
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I don't understand why they can't just drop the cost of entry to 2000 (cost of contracts + bronze pack) and drop the rewards to 1 gold pack on win.

Done. Perfect new tournament mode and might be very popular draft mode.
  • skHH
    Dragon0102 wrote: »

I don't understand why they can't just drop the cost of entry to 2000 (cost of contracts + bronze pack) and drop the rewards to 1 gold pack on win.

Done. Perfect new tournament mode and might be very popular draft mode.

sounds terrible