No fouls again?

ash82
40 posts Park Captain
It's become obvious from the videos I've seen so far that once again fouls are non-existent in FIFA, especially from the AI. It ruined FIFA 19 for me and I hoped they'd address it this year but it seems they haven't.

Comments

• HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Peanut2000 wrote: »
    ash82 wrote: »
    It's become obvious from the videos I've seen so far that once again fouls are non-existent in FIFA, especially from the AI. It ruined FIFA 19 for me and I hoped they'd address it this year but it seems they haven't.

Already made a few comments on this. What’s point of creating new free kick and penalties if the AI don’t make fouls to give you the opportunity to use the new free kicks and penalties.

Fouls will be a gameplay news for FIFA 21, don't worry
  • ash82
    40 posts Park Captain
    A slider would be great but they never have anything to increase the number of fouls. You can't have a game with 0 fouls. I've watched videos of matches between rivals and it's just boring and unrealistic. I regretted buying Fifa 19 because of the lack of fouls and I won't make that mistake again. It's a shame because I was looking forward to Career Mode. It's PES for me this year.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    HarryKein wrote: »
    Fouls will be a gameplay news for FIFA 21, don't worry
    Dynamic Foul Detection technology

• NG2
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I agree with this post. Fouls need to be definite and certain during gameplay.

Fouls are random and petty in FIFA. This makes the game prone to lack of realism because both players will always tackle, quickly pass, leading to a fast paced ping pong game. Further, players take advantage of certain glitches which permits fouls during a crucial time or part of the pitch. Players like Messi, Neymar, Jesus, and Reus always get knocked down without anything being called, which is problematic for the obvious reasons.

If anyone is familiar with NBA2K, the game is strict on fouls to the point where an everyday average player will only improve if he stops the frivolous steal attempts for a turnover. I understand that football is physical and there is a lot of contact on the pitch. Some of the best defenders can tackle a player from any angle without committing a foul. Thats certain and should not be omitted from the game . However, given the recent state of gameplay players are not concerned of fouls because they are random and petty. If fouls are stricter then players that want to win will have to play honest defense instead of just pressuring all the time.
  • Peanut2000
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    NG2 wrote: »
    I agree with this post. Fouls need to be definite and certain during gameplay.

Fouls are random and petty in FIFA. This makes the game prone to lack of realism because both players will always tackle, quickly pass, leading to a fast paced ping pong game. Further, players take advantage of certain glitches which permits fouls during a crucial time or part of the pitch. Players like Messi, Neymar, Jesus, and Reus always get knocked down without anything being called, which is problematic for the obvious reasons.

If anyone is familiar with NBA2K, the game is strict on fouls to the point where an everyday average player will only improve if he stops the frivolous steal attempts for a turnover. I understand that football is physical and there is a lot of contact on the pitch. Some of the best defenders can tackle a player from any angle without committing a foul. Thats certain and should not be omitted from the game . However, given the recent state of gameplay players are not concerned of fouls because they are random and petty. If fouls are stricter then players that want to win will have to play honest defense instead of just pressuring all the time.

Another problem is when the referee plays advantage when there is no advantage.
  • Fouls are non existent and few that happen don't get called out :#
  • MJD85
    82 posts Park Captain
    I agree. More fouls by AI please.
    Or you will never learn how to score a free kick.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13045 posts Has That Special Something
    Whilst I agree with OP, tackling in general needs to be improved.
  • Joestoe
    4709 posts National Call-Up

I have high hopes that user tackling is improved. As long as you end up with the ball after a correct tackle, I’m happy. Fifa 19 was a disaster. You could put in 15 correct tackles only to see the opponent score a tap in.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13045 posts Has That Special Something
    Joestoe wrote: »

I have high hopes that user tackling is improved. As long as you end up with the ball after a correct tackle, I’m happy. Fifa 19 was a disaster. You could put in 15 correct tackles only to see the opponent score a tap in.

Honestly I hate this year's tackling, I actually despise it... I'm sick of defensively being sound... Only for the AI to take a mind of it own and make my defender rush out of position. Or I could move them to the precise spot of the passing lane... Only for the game to decide it goes through his legs... I'm sick to death playing people who sit 1depth on drop back and counter you... Its too OP coupled with the already OP AI defending... If it anything like that, EA can do one... I've not even pre ordered yet, I'm waiting on the first patch 1st. I'm prepared for disappointment already
  • Craig_B98
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    When playing CM in fifa 19 you could have a massive derby in the cup or to win the league and the AI wouldnt make a tackle or a foul, makes the game boring. You only concede free kicks rather than gain them
  • ash82
    40 posts Park Captain
    Craig_B98 wrote: »
    When playing CM in fifa 19 you could have a massive derby in the cup or to win the league and the AI wouldnt make a tackle or a foul, makes the game boring. You only concede free kicks rather than gain them

This. A derby game needs to feel like a derby game. It spoils the game with no fouls. Also, you need to get a penalty sometimes or play against 10 men to make career mode more interesting.
  • glynnerm
    47 posts Park Captain
    id agree/disagree re fouls, I have been playing fifa for years now, but only in the last two years have i mastered skills moves, its all about timing regards fouls and although not stated, the referees in certain games are more strict and others too lenient. What I think we need is consistency!

in Fifa 19, I got cleaned out by the AI Gk after clearly touching the ball around him and didnt get a penalty, furious at the time but I do think EA should have profiles for referees even if they are generic so tat some brandish yellows and red cards easily and others not easily
  • Peanut2000
    How long will it be before EA have realized what a massive waste of time changing free kicks and penalties when there are no fouls so that you can use them?🤔
  • glynnerm wrote: »
    id agree/disagree re fouls, I have been playing fifa for years now, but only in the last two years have i mastered skills moves, its all about timing regards fouls and although not stated, the referees in certain games are more strict and others too lenient. What I think we need is consistency!

in Fifa 19, I got cleaned out by the AI Gk after clearly touching the ball around him and didnt get a penalty, furious at the time but I do think EA should have profiles for referees even if they are generic so tat some brandish yellows and red cards easily and others not easily

They do. You never have a game reffed by Matthew Mzizzi with his curly hair and toaster pocket.
  • Peanut2000
    Harry Wilson has just scored an absolute stunning free kick. Shame we won’t be able to do this in fifa because of the lack of fouls.🙄