The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

I refuse to play against abusers

oneskyworld
1026 posts Professional
Now that we have nothing to lose, and really little to gain n, I refuse to play against people who spam all the flip ups, la croquettes. Whenever I see this, I just quit the game, and start a new game. Also I'll quit when someone pause before the game.
I play for fun now, don't want to waste time dealing with these.

Comments

• oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    And only in FIFA, you will lose to clearly inferior players. When you have input delays, you have to be at least two levels up in skill level to beat the other side.
    It's pretty amazing that in just one year, they can alienate so many loyal customers.
    But then again, I'm probably not the kind of customer they want to attract.
  • alvchong
    1184 posts Professional
    Yes...i did that since last month. i either quit or move my GK away to let them score. see if they get their joy or not. Having said that, i noticed (Div 6,5,4) many players have stopped spamming and play all out attack for fun, which is enjoyable and fun to play.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    alvchong wrote: »
    Yes...i did that since last month. i either quit or move my GK away to let them score. see if they get their joy or not. Having said that, i noticed (Div 6,5,4) many players have stopped spamming and play all out attack for fun, which is enjoyable and fun to play.

I had some good games even with input lags. At least the other side is playing some fun football. It's not their fault that I can't control my players.
    I have no problem losing if the other person is trying to have fun as well.
  • alvchong
    1184 posts Professional
    Yape... i have been dropping from div 3 to 5 due to button delay. I used my PC to ping Fut server and it turn out to be 300ms. i did not border about win or loss, just play the remaining games until September with my colourful cards collections. At this moment, 90+ stats have no impact on the result once the button delay is there.
  • RileyD
    1297 posts Professional
    I completely agree.

Somehow I've managed to get my highest points total ever recently though and rallied off about 6 straight wins in Div 2.

I play a quick build up passing style and I've never learnt to skill. What makes me laugh is that I'm coming up against a lot of lads who must have played so many abusers that their constantly tracking my runners as opposed to the player in possession, thinking I'll always check back for a cross when I don't and playing such high pressure that it's easy to pass around them.

It's like they're so ingrained to play one way that anything off that script completely throws them off their gameplay. I'm loving it!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14276 posts World Class
    Yeah I do the same, can't stand playing mechanic abusers.... I've seen me quit straight off the kick off if my opponent spams la croqueta straight from kick off

I hope they never get a game past HT... They'll get annoyed eventually, that nobody wants to play them because they act like scummy brats
  • HishamAyman
    3227 posts National Call-Up
    Same
  • limjitwe
    7449 posts League Winner
    Almost similar, I don’t play with people who chain multiple la crocodiles too.

I kind of laugh at those who abuse the 180 first time shot mechanics.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    Yeah I do the same, can't stand playing mechanic abusers.... I've seen me quit straight off the kick off if my opponent spams la croqueta straight from kick off

I hope they never get a game past HT... They'll get annoyed eventually, that nobody wants to play them because they act like scummy brats

I really hope that too, if everyone not willing to play with them, maybe they will learn to play?
  • RadioShaq
    15601 posts Moderator
    Nobody is going to know your made up rules. You are probably better off playing people off the forum where you can set ground rules before each game.
  • Vaporduff777
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m the opposite. When I play these players it just makes me want to win more.
  • silverdale10
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    When people pause at kick-off, I'll leave it the full 30 seconds and also wait as long as I can if I'm kicking off. If everybody did this, the pauses would get the message and we'd see less of it. EA should not allow changes at kick-off, who changes their team at the start of the game IRL?
  • leon1309
    4210 posts National Call-Up

Yes, but with (onesided) input delay those tactics are all but undefendable.

Had the Guy constantlg spamm crosses (crocetas till sideline, flip up cross)
  • Vaporduff777
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    leon1309 wrote: »

Yes, but with (onesided) input delay those tactics are all but undefendable.

Had the Guy constantlg spamm crosses (crocetas till sideline, flip up cross)

I know but there’s no better feeling then Beating these players well for me anyway.
  • Colt_seevers
    1277 posts Professional
    edited August 2019
    Pretty much everything thing in the game can be labelled abuse.

1st time shots
    Volleys
    Backpost headers
    Keeper movement
    I could go on...

U could say everyone using 4231 is abusing....5 man midfield with defensive ai running amok

The game is kinda bollocks
  • Finesse_4days
    9052 posts League Winner
    edited August 2019
    Everything is fine in my book except spamming La croqueta every attack and time wasting exessively, I loved beating a Cnut who time wasted. I got the ball off them in the 90th minute scored an equalizer then forced them to RQ in ET so satisfying.
  • mindm4ster
    5093 posts Big Money Move
    so you're quitting every game ?
  • Azof
    17617 posts World Class
    I throw my dummy out of the pram every game because people do things I dont like
  • Knowlesdinho
    12892 posts Has That Special Something
    Azof wrote: »
    I throw my dummy out of the pram every game because people do things I dont like

Come here son, it’s time for your feed. Don’t throw up on my shoulder afterwards this time!
  • Denz
    2414 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't hate the player hate the game.
  • Invincibility
    4653 posts National Call-Up
    Last week I rage quited against abusers untill GOLD 3.. Spammers should play fortnite.. So they can build spam the whole day
  • Mr_footballer1
    1987 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't mind people doing skill moves flick ups etc, it's the idiots sat with 11 men AI defending in their box that wind me up. It's August you have some of the best attackers in the game but you are too scared to cross the half way line
  • greif44
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    Today, when there's nothing in packs, everyone has his dream team and WL is over in 3 weeks, I thought that maybe I'll face some people that just want to have fun, but 1st opponent was 41212 narrow with la croq, flick cross and first time shot spamming. He rage quit, but playing like that is disgusting

Tbh the only time of having fun in 19 was first month or two after release when everyone had crappy teams and wasn't using exploits that much. Patch was better too
  • freakjas
    7595 posts League Winner
    I did that a few weeks ago and got relegated to div 2 lol.

But been trying a bit harder on Wednesday as I wanted to try my new team.
    It’s incredibly boring to play like that and I don’t get why you would ever play like this especially cause the game is pretty much dead but most of the abusers are pretty bad and if you are able to read their skill moves you can easily get the ball.

At least the people I play against.
  • Thuq
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    The last weeks i've just quit the games when coming up against people playing lame football.

Game is pretty much over, there's nothing to really play for (reward wise). Just play the game minus the exploits and cheap shots.
  • NathW90
    442 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Exactly the same. As soon as that crap starts I'm out.
  • Orison
    52897 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Ah imaginary rules.

The tool people use trying to cover up their lack of skill.

It's August ffs. Surely you can accept that you aren't great at Fifa and just move on instead of wasting your time and your opponents' time as well.
  • GEEMAN04
    660 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yep never quit so many games this fifa...
    If they need the win they can have it. Not wasting my time trying to manually defend a crocodile abuser haha... Would luv to tell about beta but unfortunately I signed a contract lol
  • young_volki
    246 posts Sunday League Hero
    Now that we have nothing to lose, and really little to gain n, I refuse to play against people who spam all the flip ups, la croquettes. Whenever I see this, I just quit the game, and start a new game. Also I'll quit when someone pause before the game.
    I play for fun now, don't want to waste time dealing with these.

good idea , I should've done it too from now