John Barnes and Ian Rush Icons announced!

AJHaeford1989
165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
What about the Fullback Icons EA

Comments

• Hibee
    11663 posts Has That Special Something
    What about Kenny Dalglish!
  • SomeNextGuy
    2594 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 14
    John Barnes could be tasty if his stamina isn't based on his liking for donuts.

Ian Rush will probably be unuseable.
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class

Hoping it's the Newcastle version of both.
  • CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    Can’t see many using Rush other than the hardcore scousers. Won’t have the pace people like but will have high shooting/finishing/composure.
  • Grezzerk
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hibee wrote: »

Hope the leak is genuine and he gets one. Don’t care what his stats are he’s the first icon I'm after and he won’t leave my team purely because he's Scottish.
  • VladimirSochi
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »

Hope the leak is genuine and he gets one. Don’t care what his stats are he’s the first icon I'm after and he won’t leave my team purely because he's Scottish.

It would be awesome to have him.
  • lukey200
    768 posts Semi-Pro
    john barnes - OMG !! kenny dalglish was in a total differnt leagie too old fat boy barnes
  • Mrhey31
    1190 posts Professional
    My my.. more average former premier league players. And yeah they were nothing more that average. If not please educate me on their world class preformances. 70’s and 80’s premier league was just kick and rush, and was never a league people thought very highly off.
  • Mrmad1980
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    My my.. more average former premier league players. And yeah they were nothing more that average. If not please educate me on their world class preformances. 70’s and 80’s premier league was just kick and rush, and was never a league people thought very highly off.

1976 - 1982 English teams won the European 6 years on the bounce. Ps the premier league didn’t even start till the 90s
  • VladimirSochi
    edited August 14

He said while two Prem League teams played in the Super Cup...

So ready to get educated?

76-77 - Liverpool
    77-78 - Liverpool
    78-79 - Nottingham Forest
    79-80 - Nottingham Forest
    80-81 - Liverpool
    81-82 - Aston Villa
    83-84 - Liverpool

The English clubs winning Europe in 7 out of 8 years in the 70’s and 80’s

You must be a football scholar, huh?
  • RemyS
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    I thought they were already a ton of english players so I checked. This year we have:
    9 english.
    6 Brazilians
    4 spanishs
    8 french
    10 Italian (didn't realize there were so many)
    4 argentinians
    4 germans
    10 dutch (seems a bit overkill)

Rush was welsh however right? I also didn't count Best as english obviously, but it seems it's really still too much "UK centered" than it should be related to what countries did in football. Having so few German icons seems really weird. Beckenbauer, Sepp Maier, Gerd Muller should be included over many over players (if they can).

And yes, as someone said, more full backs (and wingers) please.
  • Springveldt
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    State of this. :joy:

Someone needs to learn about football. The Liverpool team of the late 70’s early 80’s is one of the greatest clubs teams of all time.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    Ian Rush will be like Inzaghi
  • Dalebert

Clueless
  • bberger
    5119 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 14
    With Icons being chosen like they are right now I want an Icon Krankl, Icon Konsel and heck, maybe even a Herzog/Polster/Prohaska/Stöger..
  • Seanregal
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    bberger wrote: »
    With Icons being chosen like they are right now I want an Icon Krankl, Icon Konsel and heck, maybe even a Herzog/Polster/Prohaska/Stöger..

All great beers.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    233 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Ha Ha, that would be funny Maybe we'll get an Ameobi ?
  • Ruprecht
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd say Rush would be similar to Lineker. Usable up to a point.
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Ha Ha, that would be funny Maybe we'll get an Ameobi ?

Give us anything, Sir Les even though he'd be horrible in this game.
  • Mrhey31 wrote: »
    State of this. :joy:

Someone needs to learn about football. The Liverpool team of the late 70’s early 80’s is one of the greatest clubs teams of all time.

That liverpool team is the reason the backpass rule got put in place.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12836 posts Has That Special Something
    More bin dippers to choose from.... :D yayyy.....

Snore, only happy with dalglish because he's Scottish and we deserve an icon
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Can’t see many using Rush other than the hardcore scousers. Won’t have the pace people like but will have high shooting/finishing/composure.

Rush was known for being quite fast in his prime. People just forget as he did score a lot of poacher type goals and was still playing when he was 36. Leeds even played him right wing for a season after he left Liverpool age 34.
  • sturges12345
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    Really and truly. No one apart from Liverpool fans were even remotely interested in these icons.
  • torakun
    1582 posts Play-Off Hero
    where's my Dennis law and bobby Charlton?

at this rate maybe we'll finally get Icon Kanu
  • Dalebert
    Good to see more legends from the most successful club in England.
  • Hibee
    Ian Rush will be like Inzaghi

In what way? He will have over 90 pace, which was Rush's main attribute. He will be nothing at all like Inzaghi.
  • Hibee
    Really and truly. No one apart from Liverpool fans were even remotely interested in these icons.

Im not a Liverpool fan but will likely use both of them. Both were top players in their day. Rush especially, a shame most on here's knowledge of football is so poor.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t think he’ll have over 90 pace...i hope you’re right anyway, but i believe it will be a barely usable card.
  • Hibee
    I don’t think he’ll have over 90 pace...i hope you’re right anyway, but i believe it will be a barely usable card.

He should have. Liverpool's blueprint was Rush using his pace to find space and Dalglish playing him in from anywhere on the pitch. Rush was rapid. Especially in his period before he signed for Juventus.

The disrespect for him on here is a joke. 2 European Cups, Liverpools top scorer, over 300 League Goals, won the European Golden boot.
  • mindm4ster
    4907 posts Big Money Move
    Who?