I hope the final build is slow!

Comments

• Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    Pretty sure no good Fifa player has ever said that passing in Fifa 19 is too fast to react lol.

Pretty sure no good fifa player needs the assists FIFA 19 are giving them. Are you seriously still not convinced that those assists are the reason why people can play like that?
    If you refuse to play a game like this. Will you be buying this next year?

I will buy it next year, and next year, and I’ll still refuse to play the game like that as I said. I’ll keep playing football even if I lose games. Doing exploit like ping pong passing to win doesn’t make sence to me. I simply can’t enjoy playing the game like another ****. I play football, it’s a football game. Simple.
  • Thefranchise92
    3723 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    Pretty sure no good Fifa player has ever said that passing in Fifa 19 is too fast to react lol.

Pretty sure no good fifa player needs the assists FIFA 19 are giving them. Are you seriously still not convinced that those assists are the reason why people can play like that?
    If you refuse to play a game like this. Will you be buying this next year?

I will buy it next year, and next year, and I’ll still refuse to play the game like that as I said. I’ll keep playing football even if I lose games. Doing exploit like ping pong passing to win doesn’t make sence to me. I simply can’t enjoy playing the game like another ****. I play football, it’s a football game. Simple.

Good for you man.. i dont get it, you dont even play manual right now. Like i know what you'll say cos everyone else isnt. But your already being a martyr by refusing to pass quickly.. may aswell practice what you preach till ea make it compulsory manual
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 1
    Since you can’t see the problem, here is a video for you to understand it.
    This is exactly what it’s all about. Awful assists that helps noobs to pass. Takes no skills or no quick reactions. If this was fixed, we would have a much more skill based passing system, that actually would take thought of your input.

• Orison
    48630 posts FIFA Cover Star
    @Benja190782 you are mixing things up. Nobody can use and abuse that random pass assist.

That has nothing to do with not being able to react quick enough or pass too quickly or it taking skill or no skill.
  • hooligan87
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Benja190782 You're trying to prove something to them in vain.. These people are absolutely not versed in football! They do not understand that when you all passes and shots helps to do the computer - it's not football! They think reaction speed is a measure of skill!))Smart people understand what you say - this is important! And we know that real pros don't play on auto-control! And they constantly cite the example of fake pros who are helpless without a computer!
  • forearms
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2
    To get a better recollection of the differences in engines, I loaded up FIFA15 last night and played 3 games vs the CPU. It is amazing how much more fluidly the game plays. The terrible collision hit boxes weren't there.

I also enjoyed the assisted passing much more. They didnt have driven passes, so it was just powering up the pass button. Ridiculous 1-2 spamming was way down comparatively. The gameplay was much slower in general. As we know, there were other exploits in that version, notably over the top through balls, but the game played much closer to the actual sport. No croquetas, or tornados. Corners and penalty shots were also very different than what they have become.

It wouldve been interesting to see where this franchise couldve headed if Ignite was still the engine of choice.
  • Orison
    48630 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited September 2
    forearms wrote: »
    To get a better recollection of the differences in engines, I loaded up FIFA15 last night and played 3 games vs the CPU. It is amazing how much more fluidly the game plays. The terrible collision hit boxes weren't there.

I also enjoyed the assisted passing much more. They didnt have driven passes, so it was just powering up the pass button. Ridiculous 1-2 spamming was way down comparatively. The gameplay was much slower in general. As we know, there were other exploits in that version, notably over the top through balls, but the game played much closer to the actual sport. No croquetas, or tornados. Corners and penalty shots were also very different than what they have become.

It wouldve been interesting to see where this franchise couldve headed if Ignite was still the engine of choice.

The game was actually much faster than 19. Obviously not if you come back to it after 4 years and then also play against the AI. You would have to re-learn the game and play against someone else.

Also I guess every Fifa was closer to real football than Fifa 19.

The main thing I don't understand is how EA ruined dribbling. Older Fifa games were much more fluid, because you could actually turn. These are supposed to be professional footballers and EA makes them turn like drunk hooligans in newer titles.

Fifa 20 doesn't seem to be any better in that area. If anything players turn even worse. It will obviously push people into using and abusing (certain) skills, because you can't properly change direction otherwise.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    According to friends playing the beta, FIFA 20s engine apparently is not handling the new bells and whistles at all and it is even MORE laggy than FIFA 19. No wonder why they decided to slow the game down....

But, if people like to throw away money and be frustrated every weekend....
  • Massikiller
    78 posts Park Captain
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    Assistance is NOT the main problem. The REAL problem is the lack of proper error and football fundamentals.

Yes, the game is too assisted in attack. I agree. You shouldn't be rewarded with a goal when you're not even aiming at the target. Passing I don't have a huge issue with, but I would prefer it to be a little less assisted. I get my aiming fix from shooters, and don't want it to be the main determinant of who wins in a football game.

There's WAY much more to football than just aim.

The real issue though is the lack of error and real fundamentals in the game. I used to play in manual FIFA tournaments for money, and trust me, a high level manual player can still do some unrealistic BS ping pong passing. Maybe not as frequent as an assisted player, but the possibility is still there, and it still breaks with what should be possible in the game. Another example is with the stupid blind 180 degree spin and pass/shot. Playing manual all the sudden doesn't make those impossible.

We need to move beyond this stupid manual vs assisted debate. Fact of the matter is EA will never introduce manual as default - for any mode - because it wouldn't be popular. Regardless, the game should be built to play with any assistance setting, and then people should choose their assistance settings based on personal preference, not because that's the only way to have a real skill gap or because it might play a bit more realistic.

The solution is to find where realism and the skill gap can be married. First touch passing for example should have way higher error rates. So too with volleys and first time shots. Clearances are way too assisted and accurate, which makes starting counter attacks way too easy, while first touch can be too perfect at times, especially when receiving long passes and driven passes. And then there's the silly hyper animations that will allow you to do things that you shouldn't, both decreasing the skill gap and realism.

We gotta move beyond this stupid assistance debate and focus on what's really important: focusing on the fundamentals and realism in the areas that also would benefit the skill gap. There's plenty of room for improvement here, that would both increase realism for us purists, while also increasing the skill gap for the competitive crowd, and assistance settings wouldn't need to be heavily modified.

kudos here :claps
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well the demo certainly played nice and slow.

My hopes are up, even tho I know it soon well feel fast and frantic again.

Atleast EA seems to have balanced the assists more so we will get a more authentic football experience. Even tho it’s heavyly assisted.
  • him7403
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The fast gameplay is what results in realistic scorelines. If the gameplay is as slow as an actual match, then you’ll never score. And EA can’t increase the length of each match IRL because then they would be encouraging people to play for 90 mins without a break. Nobody has time for that, especially if you’re playing competitive FUT and want to work towards a weekly reward.

Quite the opposite. Slow gameplay will give you more buildup time and calm finishes.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1145 posts Professional
    edited September 12

Atleast EA seems to have balanced the assists more so we will get a more authentic football experience. Even tho it’s heavyly assisted.

A slower game does not increase the skill-gap.

The demo has clunky dribbling & 1v1 finishing is not rewarding enough.

The full game will be different to the demo anyway.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 13

A slower gameplay will definitely increase the skill-gap, as you can’t exploit broken game mechanics as easy, and get away with it. Passing requires a tiny bit more power by you on the controller, and is a little less assisted compared to 19.

The demo has very AUTHENTIC dribbling as every player doesn’t feel like Messi anymore. Now Messi is something special to use in-game. You can’t argue with that.

In other words dribbling and jockey are more balanced now, as both sides are equally assisted.

1vs1 is way easier than in 19, so I don’t understand why it’s not rewarding enough?
  • AliasMaurice
    1976 posts Fans' Favourite
    Be strong EA

Don't break this game.
  • Purplejacket
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite

A slower gameplay will definitely increase the skill-gap, as you can’t exploit broken game mechanics as easy, and get away with it. Passing requires a tiny bit more power by you on the controller, and is a little less assisted compared to 19.

The demo has very AUTHENTIC dribbling as every player doesn’t feel like Messi anymore. Now Messi is something special to use in-game. You can’t argue with that.

In other words dribbling and jockey are more balanced now, as both sides are equally assisted.

1vs1 is way easier than in 19, so I don’t understand why it’s not rewarding enough?

No it wont. Sorry you are slow.
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain

No it wont. Sorry you are slow.

A faster game makes the game solely about reaction speeds and exploitation of OP mechanics. A slower game makes the game more about football knowledge, tactics and ability.

They have different skill gaps, I know which I prefer. Slow game please EA.
  • Renamed123456
    4572 posts Big Money Move
    People make the silly argument that fAster = more skill, when the opposite couldn't be more true.

Fast gameplay in fifa requires little to no skill... you just tap buttons and through on goal within 3 seconds. Nothing to do with reactions.

Slower gameplay has a more genuine and nuanced feel. With slower gameplay the game can be played more strategic and considered. This would even lend itself better to manual passing introduced, as you could really find and play more intelligent and skill-based passes.

Dribbling would also become more of a fine-skill, same for defending, with more deliberate and intentional movements and timing needed.

A slowed down game based on fine skill would be a completely different but much more rewarding and "football feeling" game.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1145 posts Professional
    edited September 13

Don't compare FIFA20 to the worst FIFA ever which is 19.

Yes finishing is better but it's still not as good as it should be, back in 15 & 16 1v1 finishing was very consistent those games had big skill-gaps also.

Dribbling feels stiff at times what are you talking about you must be playing a different demo.

A slow paced game does not increase the skill-gap, with a fast paced game you have less time to react & with defending more manual in FIFA20 the skillgap will increase.

LMAO even Kurt said on his stream dribbling sucks in the Demo & he knows what he's talking about one of the best Pro players about but clearly you know more than him.

You don't have clue about FIFA in general do you...

For the full release of FIFA20 I hope 1v1 finishing is improved more & dribbling feels more responsive, with manual defending becoming more a thing that's also positive.

Quietly confident about FIFA20 but we'll soon find out.
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain

Don't compare FIFA20 to the worst FIFA ever which is 19.

Yes finishing is better but it's still not as good as it should be, back in 15 & 16 1v1 finishing was very consistent those games had big skill-gaps also.

Dribbling feels stiff at times what are you talking about you must be playing a different demo.

A slow paced game does not increase the skill-gap, with a fast paced game you have less time to react & with defending more manual in FIFA20 the skillgap will increase.

LMAO even Kurt said on his stream dribbling sucks in the Demo & he knows what he's talking about one of the best Pro players about but clearly you know more than him.

You don't have clue about FIFA in general do you...

For the full release of FIFA20 I hope 1v1 finishing is improved more & dribbling feels more responsive, with manual defending becoming more a thing that's also positive.

Quietly confident about FIFA20 but we'll soon find out.

Fifa should only have manual controls, then we'd see a real skill gap.

There is no logical argument for assisted controls being the norm.

The 'pros' have nothing to do with how I play fifa given how assisted it all is so frankly I don't care for their opinion. They want a game they can be good at so they can make money, I want a game I can enjoy that feels like football.
  • Slow or not, but why there is new "assistance" modes for poor players? I like to play whitout assists and after short period of demo I think its not worth of money.... Cap between poor player with assists and pro without is too wide.