I hope the final build is slow!

Comments

  • tarheels_forever
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    not too slow. too slow and it gets boring. i know we all want good build up play but they have to find the proper balance between build up play and speed.
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    no surprise that the idiots in this thread that don’t want less assisted gameplay, more user input etc need 1000 explanations to grasp what the people with brains are actually trying to say. comical stuff

    Imagine having to cuss someone to get your point across. Doesnt make your point any more valid.

    We get what your saying, its not a difficult concept to understand. Fifa is not real life man and real life is not fifa. If fifa was 90 mins then hell yeah make it slow. I dont wans to play 100 to 98 games like nba.

    If real life was 12 mins long do you think they would keep it slow and steady or it would be fast as hell. Anyway im out, yall are tripping once you try and cuss people because they dont agree with your concept. Very mature and smart of you
  • Diggy
    13629 posts Has That Special Something
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    no surprise that the idiots in this thread that don’t want less assisted gameplay, more user input etc need 1000 explanations to grasp what the people with brains are actually trying to say. comical stuff

    Imagine having to cuss someone to get your point across. Doesnt make your point any more valid.

    We get what your saying, its not a difficult concept to understand. Fifa is not real life man and real life is not fifa. If fifa was 90 mins then hell yeah make it slow. I dont wans to play 100 to 98 games like nba.

    If real life was 12 mins long do you think they would keep it slow and steady or it would be fast as hell. Anyway im out, yall are tripping once you try and cuss people because they dont agree with your concept. Very mature and smart of you

    Aside from the cussing he has a great point
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    Diggy wrote: »
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    no surprise that the idiots in this thread that don’t want less assisted gameplay, more user input etc need 1000 explanations to grasp what the people with brains are actually trying to say. comical stuff

    Imagine having to cuss someone to get your point across. Doesnt make your point any more valid.

    We get what your saying, its not a difficult concept to understand. Fifa is not real life man and real life is not fifa. If fifa was 90 mins then hell yeah make it slow. I dont wans to play 100 to 98 games like nba.

    If real life was 12 mins long do you think they would keep it slow and steady or it would be fast as hell. Anyway im out, yall are tripping once you try and cuss people because they dont agree with your concept. Very mature and smart of you

    Aside from the cussing he has a great point

    Cussing invalidates it. Whether or not his point is great, its futile. it will never happen. So if you wish to play on manual. Do so
  • Orison
    48556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Diggy wrote: »
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    no surprise that the idiots in this thread that don’t want less assisted gameplay, more user input etc need 1000 explanations to grasp what the people with brains are actually trying to say. comical stuff

    Imagine having to cuss someone to get your point across. Doesnt make your point any more valid.

    We get what your saying, its not a difficult concept to understand. Fifa is not real life man and real life is not fifa. If fifa was 90 mins then hell yeah make it slow. I dont wans to play 100 to 98 games like nba.

    If real life was 12 mins long do you think they would keep it slow and steady or it would be fast as hell. Anyway im out, yall are tripping once you try and cuss people because they dont agree with your concept. Very mature and smart of you

    Aside from the cussing he has a great point

    One could argue that the same point could be made the other way round too. People can't seem to understand that manual controls is impossible under current circumstances.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 30
    Ok what if we keep the fast gameplay, but nerf the 180 degree blind passes and shots?

    The thing I’m against is how people can exploit those broken passes and shots, and then afterwards claim that “it’s because they got fast reactions”.

    You don’t even need fast reactions to ping pong pass etc.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 30


    everybody should watch this video by Italian Stallion
    his first point is about passing assistant and why it should be gone

  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    ^^
    OMG! That’s exactly what I’m talking about! Amazing video!
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    Ok what if we keep the fast gameplay, but nerf the 180 degree blind passes and shots?

    The thing I’m against is how people can exploit those broken passes and shots, and then afterwards claim that “it’s because they got fast reactions”.

    You don’t even need fast reactions to ping pong pass etc.

    Of course that would be good
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    ^^
    OMG! That’s exactly what I’m talking about! Amazing video!

    the guy always talk common sense. I don't understand how can anyone be okay with the crazy passing assistant.
    it's one of the main factors for decreasing the skill gap.
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    Empyrium7 wrote: »


    everybody should watch this video by Italian Stallion
    his first point is about passing assistant and why it should be gone

    Man that is a great video. Thanks for posting that.
  • Orison
    48556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Can't trust the guy after he said that Fifa 17 was better than 18.
  • Diggy
    13629 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »
    Can't trust the guy after he said that Fifa 17 was better than 18.

    Can’t trust anything you write 90% of your posts finish with

    :trollface:
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    Can't trust the guy after he said that Fifa 17 was better than 18.

    It was only because 1i was the exact same. Had to take a break because 18 was so ****
  • Orison
    48556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Watched the video and that guy makes the point that passing assistance is there, because you need to get around the defense dropping back endlessly (no matter if you actually play drop back or not). I'm wondering how someone whose only point is "make passing and shooting manual" can argue that this is exactly what he's talking about.

    I obviously agree with a lot of the points, but his idea of the passing assistance that needs to go is legit a completely different to that one of @Benja190782 . The passing assistance he means is nothing that anyone likes or that allows people to spam first time/tiki taka passing. The passing assistance he talks about completely overwrites the direction you put in, because it attempts to pass around defenders. That is nothing people can or want to abuse, because it happens at random times.

    The guy doesn't want to remove all passing assistance and make passing manual, he wants to remove passing assistance that goes against everything you put in as a direction. That I can get onboard with, because it's just another example of RNG that nobody can control.
  • Dunkirk
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    no surprise that the idiots in this thread that don’t want less assisted gameplay, more user input etc need 1000 explanations to grasp what the people with brains are actually trying to say. comical stuff

    Imagine having to cuss someone to get your point across. Doesnt make your point any more valid.

    We get what your saying, its not a difficult concept to understand. Fifa is not real life man and real life is not fifa. If fifa was 90 mins then hell yeah make it slow. I dont wans to play 100 to 98 games like nba.

    If real life was 12 mins long do you think they would keep it slow and steady or it would be fast as hell. Anyway im out, yall are tripping once you try and cuss people because they dont agree with your concept. Very mature and smart of you

    All of this and you’re still missing the point 😂 Cussing? Really? You’re a bit of a sensitive Sally.

  • Dunkirk
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ^^
    OMG! That’s exactly what I’m talking about! Amazing video!


    But some people still won’t get it. 😭
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 30
    Finally @Orison I think we’re on to something now. I don’t need manual passing to be a forced thing on all of us if these overly assisted 180 degree blind passes will be removed. Which as I understand actually was pretty close to what the beta was like before the patch.

    If we can get rid of the insane accurate blind passes and blind shots, the skill gap will increase as people are kind of forced to find more realistic passing options and won’t be able to rely on ping pong passing, but authentic tiki taka instead.

    That would also balance the gameplay speed because we could keep a higher speed without people being able to exploit it in an unrealistic anti-football way.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 30
    Orison wrote: »
    Watched the video and that guy makes the point that passing assistance is there, because you need to get around the defense dropping back endlessly (no matter if you actually play drop back or not). I'm wondering how someone whose only point is "make passing and shooting manual" can argue that this is exactly what he's talking about.

    I obviously agree with a lot of the points, but his idea of the passing assistance that needs to go is legit a completely different to that one of @Benja190782 . The passing assistance he means is nothing that anyone likes or that allows people to spam first time/tiki taka passing. The passing assistance he talks about completely overwrites the direction you put in, because it attempts to pass around defenders. That is nothing people can or want to abuse, because it happens at random times.

    The guy doesn't want to remove all passing assistance and make passing manual, he wants to remove passing assistance that goes against everything you put in as a direction. That I can get onboard with, because it's just another example of RNG that nobody can control.

    I think we all despise how OP is drop back and we all wish they remove it one day.
    But the passing assistant he is talking about is not different than the one we talk about.
    Fast ping pong passing assistant or slow passing assistant is not acceptable in a competitive video game. This lower the skill gap and create more RNG
    There should be a limit to the assistance from passing. I would say 30 degrees and no power assistant.
    We usually complain about passing assistant in general.
    He showed two examples just to show what is he talking about.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    Are you reading this @EA_Andy ?
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    no surprise that the idiots in this thread that don’t want less assisted gameplay, more user input etc need 1000 explanations to grasp what the people with brains are actually trying to say. comical stuff

    Imagine having to cuss someone to get your point across. Doesnt make your point any more valid.

    We get what your saying, its not a difficult concept to understand. Fifa is not real life man and real life is not fifa. If fifa was 90 mins then hell yeah make it slow. I dont wans to play 100 to 98 games like nba.

    If real life was 12 mins long do you think they would keep it slow and steady or it would be fast as hell. Anyway im out, yall are tripping once you try and cuss people because they dont agree with your concept. Very mature and smart of you

    All of this and you’re still missing the point 😂 Cussing? Really? You’re a bit of a sensitive Sally.

    Lool yeah im really sensitive be gentle 😇
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    Are you reading this @EA_Andy ?

    I dont know what power you think andy has?
  • Diggy
    13629 posts Has That Special Something
    Are you reading this @EA_Andy ?

    I dont know what power you think andy has?

    The power to say the relevant people have been informed & it’s been looked into
  • Orison
    48556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Watched the video and that guy makes the point that passing assistance is there, because you need to get around the defense dropping back endlessly (no matter if you actually play drop back or not). I'm wondering how someone whose only point is "make passing and shooting manual" can argue that this is exactly what he's talking about.

    I obviously agree with a lot of the points, but his idea of the passing assistance that needs to go is legit a completely different to that one of @Benja190782 . The passing assistance he means is nothing that anyone likes or that allows people to spam first time/tiki taka passing. The passing assistance he talks about completely overwrites the direction you put in, because it attempts to pass around defenders. That is nothing people can or want to abuse, because it happens at random times.

    The guy doesn't want to remove all passing assistance and make passing manual, he wants to remove passing assistance that goes against everything you put in as a direction. That I can get onboard with, because it's just another example of RNG that nobody can control.

    I think we all despise how OP is drop back and we all wish they remove it one day.
    But the passing assistant he is talking about is not different than the one we talk about.
    Fast ping pong passing assistant or slow passing assistant is not acceptable in a competitive video game. This lower the skill gap and create more RNG
    There should be a limit to the assistance from passing. I would say 30 degrees and no power assistant.
    We usually complain about passing assistant in general.
    He showed two examples just to show what is he talking about.

    It's not even drop back (although that's even better in 20 than it was in 19, atleast in the builds we got so far). It's just that the defense drops back in general. Doesn't matter what depth or tactic you use.

    They also don't understand the concept of offside. If an attacker runs there is always a defender tracking him and playing him onside. Your whole defensive line can be in shape and then there is one defender following the attacker and being 10m further behind playing everybody onside.

    The whole AI is just dumb this year. Sticks to the attacker and mirrors his movement which makes passing into the box not worth it as there are 2 defenders covering your attacker anyways. The only thing you can do is send your attacker on a run and hope that a through ball gets through.
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 30
    Diggy wrote: »
    Are you reading this @EA_Andy ?

    I dont know what power you think andy has?

    The power to say the relevant people have been informed & it’s been looked into

    Fairs, don't you think its a bit late this year. Get em on 2021 😅
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Watched the video and that guy makes the point that passing assistance is there, because you need to get around the defense dropping back endlessly (no matter if you actually play drop back or not). I'm wondering how someone whose only point is "make passing and shooting manual" can argue that this is exactly what he's talking about.

    I obviously agree with a lot of the points, but his idea of the passing assistance that needs to go is legit a completely different to that one of @Benja190782 . The passing assistance he means is nothing that anyone likes or that allows people to spam first time/tiki taka passing. The passing assistance he talks about completely overwrites the direction you put in, because it attempts to pass around defenders. That is nothing people can or want to abuse, because it happens at random times.

    The guy doesn't want to remove all passing assistance and make passing manual, he wants to remove passing assistance that goes against everything you put in as a direction. That I can get onboard with, because it's just another example of RNG that nobody can control.

    I think we all despise how OP is drop back and we all wish they remove it one day.
    But the passing assistant he is talking about is not different than the one we talk about.
    Fast ping pong passing assistant or slow passing assistant is not acceptable in a competitive video game. This lower the skill gap and create more RNG
    There should be a limit to the assistance from passing. I would say 30 degrees and no power assistant.
    We usually complain about passing assistant in general.
    He showed two examples just to show what is he talking about.

    It's not even drop back (although that's even better in 20 than it was in 19, atleast in the builds we got so far). It's just that the defense drops back in general. Doesn't matter what depth or tactic you use.

    They also don't understand the concept of offside. If an attacker runs there is always a defender tracking him and playing him onside. Your whole defensive line can be in shape and then there is one defender following the attacker and being 10m further behind playing everybody onside.

    The whole AI is just dumb this year. Sticks to the attacker and mirrors his movement which makes passing into the box not worth it as there are 2 defenders covering your attacker anyways. The only thing you can do is send your attacker on a run and hope that a through ball gets through.

    Agreed. If you build up slowly the defences naturally congests. Although tou haven't played 20 how would you know about it being worse?
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orison wrote: »
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Watched the video and that guy makes the point that passing assistance is there, because you need to get around the defense dropping back endlessly (no matter if you actually play drop back or not). I'm wondering how someone whose only point is "make passing and shooting manual" can argue that this is exactly what he's talking about.

    I obviously agree with a lot of the points, but his idea of the passing assistance that needs to go is legit a completely different to that one of @Benja190782 . The passing assistance he means is nothing that anyone likes or that allows people to spam first time/tiki taka passing. The passing assistance he talks about completely overwrites the direction you put in, because it attempts to pass around defenders. That is nothing people can or want to abuse, because it happens at random times.

    The guy doesn't want to remove all passing assistance and make passing manual, he wants to remove passing assistance that goes against everything you put in as a direction. That I can get onboard with, because it's just another example of RNG that nobody can control.

    I think we all despise how OP is drop back and we all wish they remove it one day.
    But the passing assistant he is talking about is not different than the one we talk about.
    Fast ping pong passing assistant or slow passing assistant is not acceptable in a competitive video game. This lower the skill gap and create more RNG
    There should be a limit to the assistance from passing. I would say 30 degrees and no power assistant.
    We usually complain about passing assistant in general.
    He showed two examples just to show what is he talking about.

    It's not even drop back (although that's even better in 20 than it was in 19, atleast in the builds we got so far). It's just that the defense drops back in general. Doesn't matter what depth or tactic you use.

    They also don't understand the concept of offside. If an attacker runs there is always a defender tracking him and playing him onside. Your whole defensive line can be in shape and then there is one defender following the attacker and being 10m further behind playing everybody onside.

    The whole AI is just dumb this year. Sticks to the attacker and mirrors his movement which makes passing into the box not worth it as there are 2 defenders covering your attacker anyways. The only thing you can do is send your attacker on a run and hope that a through ball gets through.

    Totally agree with you.
    Defenders should keep their line and don't push back.
    And for the second point. EA should stop the run when the attacker cross the last defender.

    And for the last part you are right. This FIFA had the worst attacking AI I ever seen. There are no intelligent multidirectional attacking runs. All players run in a straight line towards the goal regardless of player obstructing them.
    Positioning stat should affect the quality of the run but in FIFA 19 I don't feel any difference between players runs.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 1
    Just had another nightmare of opponents that exploit the passing assists with insane ping pong passing at 300 mph. I lost because no human being can react to that kind of CPU assisted madness, but @Orison don’t you dare telling me it’s because my opponents have faster reactions than me!

    It’s nothing about fast reactions when passing is so disgusting assisted that, none of the these opponents would be able to beat a blind man without their awful assists.

    How disgusting can a game of football look like when you just hold the left trigger while spamming the pass button until it starts to catch fire.

    I have NO respect at all for those fifa players that exploit the game like this. It’s disgusting and it’s so obvious they can’t handle anything without assists.

    Fast reactions in FIFA is not a skill as long as all these insane assists are activated. There is no such thing with the amount of help people are getting with these inputs.

    I refuse to play a football game like that. And I simply can’t believe that THIS is what you actually call skillgap! How awful can it get...

    I play fast One Two’s but holding the left trigger and just **** the pass button like that shouldn’t get anyone rewarded! That’s the problem with this game. They get rewarded for such madness! Awful.

    No wonder I want the gameplay SLOW! It’s so disgusting looking at that frantic ping pong!
  • Thefranchise92
    3707 posts National Call-Up
    Just had another nightmare of opponents that exploit the passing assists with insane ping pong passing at 300 mph. I lost because no human being can react to that kind of CPU assisted madness, but @Orison don’t you dare telling me it’s because my opponents have faster reactions than me!

    It’s nothing about fast reactions when passing is so disgusting assisted that, none of the these opponents would be able to beat a blind man without their awful assists.

    How disgusting can a game of football look like when you just hold the left trigger while spamming the pass button until it starts to catch fire.

    I have NO respect at all for those fifa players that exploit the game like this. It’s disgusting and it’s so obvious they can’t handle anything without assists.

    Fast reactions in FIFA is not a skill as long as all these insane assists are activated. There is no such thing with the amount of help people are getting with these inputs.

    I refuse to play a football game like that. And I simply can’t believe that THIS is what you actually call skillgap! How awful can it get...

    I play fast One Two’s but holding the left trigger and just **** the pass button like that shouldn’t get anyone rewarded! That’s the problem with this game. They get rewarded for such madness! Awful.

    No wonder I want the gameplay SLOW! It’s so disgusting looking at that frantic ping pong!

    If you refuse to play a game like this. Will you be buying this next year?
  • Orison
    48556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Pretty sure no good Fifa player has ever said that passing in Fifa 19 is too fast to react lol.
Sign In or Register to comment.