I hope the final build is slow!

Comments

  • nakamuramartin
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nice to see some smart and well thought out comments here.

    I'd like to see a slower pace with less of the broken things many have suggested. I use a Japan team as it would make it even harder for me but I still want it.
  • china2991
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @revolve2099

    Agree with that comment about the speed of the game is how you play but that's where FIFA19,18,17 started to feel short, The game started to force you into playing 1 way, Every online season game felt like the same opponent. FIFA16 was when i could muster 70% possession most games and not because i just played it around for the sake of it but because you could manual press the opponent to win the ball back quicker now it just leads to them creating a chance or losing the ball on the edge of my box, i pretty much cannot win the ball back anywhere else on the field. Not just that though keeping the ball in good positions on this game is almost impossible, the movement of your players on this game is absolute shambles, The AI can't read space on outnumbered counter attacks and fullbacks are useless going forward because the RM/LM always catch them on an overlap you cannot drive into the box and then you try and break someone down playing defensive, you literally pray and hope you get a rebound from a tackle because your players just stand there motionless with no attempts to make 1-2 runs

    The lack of speed though is the biggest factor in the game, Makes your fullbacks overlaps pointless and then makes it impossible to 1v1 someone on the wing when they let the AI defend it, FIFA19 forces a passing game with awful attacking movement and awful touch, passing cryptonite.

    Biggest change to make the game slower is blind passing, better movement to allow for more passing options and they need to stop this automatic constant pressure where your whole team feels man marked so there's no choice but forward or back to the keeper. I could understand if the player was actually manually pressing you but this is the game's AI applying a whole team press.
  • china2991
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    And also player speed needs to come back not this same max cap every damn player on the ball has, A good defender can defend speed but when you cant you should be punished for it.
  • RobRokk
    51 posts Park Captain
    Slow = zzzzz

    No. It would be nice to have time to play good play of football and not quickly pass to another player (pingpong pass)

    Fifa should keep first time passing, but nerf its success hugley. Ive seen some redicolously fast first time passing which looks like RB+A passing ... Its like 4-5 of those and then an equal fast shot on the goal. My team just stood and staired, barely had any reaction time. Needless to say, ppl started to leave the game. It was unplayable and boring to watch. This is drop ins, so probably abused in some way...
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1123 posts Professional
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    For me, I want players to be agile and responsive, but the pace of gameplay needs to be less hectic and end-to-end - moving the ball up the pitch and creating chances should be challenging!

    Glad to see some intelligent conversation in here.

    Creating chances shouldn't be challenging if you're playing against a noob who doesn't know how to manually defend.

    If you're playing against a noob nowhere near your skill level then you should be able to win easily.

    If you play someone of similar skill level then it should be closer.
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fyi faster gameplay does increase skill, gap, not decrease. Thats why you call someone slow when theyre stupid, you need everything slowed down so you can see and react to someone who can see and react way faster, in passing, shooting, defending.

    What a stupid comment - you do realise that people like you, are only able to slam the pass button four times in a row, followed by a blind and broken first time shot into the top corner, BECAUSE YOU A MASSIVELY ASSISTED BY EA!

    Yes you are reacting fast, but the hole point is YOU ARE NOT CONTROLLING ANYTHING because you are so heavyly assisted it’s insane!

    If you did this with manual controls or ATLEAST semi-assisted controls we could talk about it... but right now the only thing you are is exposed.

    Promise you either way ill beat you.
  • Moiizer
    6042 posts Big Money Move
    Slow game play with 6 min halves. Lol you guys are on something.
  • MikeM24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The issue I've always had with speed in FIFA is that because a player is less skilful, his sprinting attributes are also poor. Now I'm sure that there are some rapid players in lower leagues who could more than keep up with a superstar in a straight sprint race (I'm talking without the ball). Look at how quick Dan James is - but he isn't reflected as such in FIFA19 because he's in the Championship. His ratings suggest he should be, but in game it's not apparent.

    In terms of the "speed debate" I don't think that 19 was too bad in terms of pacing, so I hope it's not too far from that.
  • mfmaxpower
    74 posts Park Captain
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    For me, I want players to be agile and responsive, but the pace of gameplay needs to be less hectic and end-to-end - moving the ball up the pitch and creating chances should be challenging!

    Glad to see some intelligent conversation in here.

    Creating chances shouldn't be challenging if you're playing against a noob who doesn't know how to manually defend.

    If you're playing against a noob nowhere near your skill level then you should be able to win easily.

    If you play someone of similar skill level then it should be closer.

    Not sure what the point of this is - I don't think anyone would argue that there shouldn't be a skill gap.

    But there's more to football than just 1-on-1 situations, so one's ability to manually defend shouldn't be the only determinant of match outcomes.

    If you want to play a game that's all about 1-on-1 battles, that would be Volta.
  • Moiizer wrote: »
    Slow game play with 6 min halves. Lol you guys are on something.

    H2H seasons gameplay and gamespeed is fine. I know you like fast gameplay as I played you at the start of either FUT 18 OR 19 and I have to say you was very very sweaty, you had a Huddersfield kit or badge and I think you had Ben Yedder.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1123 posts Professional
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    For me, I want players to be agile and responsive, but the pace of gameplay needs to be less hectic and end-to-end - moving the ball up the pitch and creating chances should be challenging!

    Glad to see some intelligent conversation in here.

    Creating chances shouldn't be challenging if you're playing against a noob who doesn't know how to manually defend.

    If you're playing against a noob nowhere near your skill level then you should be able to win easily.

    If you play someone of similar skill level then it should be closer.

    Not sure what the point of this is - I don't think anyone would argue that there shouldn't be a skill gap.

    But there's more to football than just 1-on-1 situations, so one's ability to manually defend shouldn't be the only determinant of match outcomes.

    If you want to play a game that's all about 1-on-1 battles, that would be Volta.

    The past 3 FIFA'S have all been trash with small skillgaps.

    19 being the worst FIFA of them all, nothing good about the gameplay.

    1on1 situations are a big part of Football but we are finally due a decent FIFA.
  • Benja190782
    1304 posts Professional
    edited August 26
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Slow game play with 6 min halves. Lol you guys are on something.

    @Moiizer
    So tell me how PES can do it and still have realistic scorelines? How is that possible?

    It’s the most awful excuse I’ve ever seen. Seriously, it’s a matter of seconds in difference between “normal” and “slow” gameplay. It would only make the game of football feel more authentic in FIFA, but the scorelines would never change. The scorelines would change if the keepers were adjusted, or the shot accuracy were adjusted.

    I guess you don’t really care about football then?
  • Hollandman
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Slower Gameplay? So slow that the opponent play on possession and you can't get the ball. Yeah in real football a match is 90 minutes, Fifa related 12minutes.Dont understand how people want it slow and boring
  • Orison
    47736 posts FIFA Cover Star
    forearms wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Slower gameplay with bad dribbling makes drop back op (and makes time wasting very easy).

    Screw realism in a game with 6min halfs. Absolutely no need to wish for a borefest of a game in which you can build up one attack for 15 ingame mins with 45 passes thinking you are prime barca.

    It ruins the skillgap. Skillgap shouldn’t be to "understand football" it should be in timing and decision making and the more time you have the more people can get these right and therefore the skillgap is smaller.

    Ridiculous comment.

    Absolutely ridiculous.



    One major question from that though:
    Why should the skill gap be in timing when the majority have delay, or server issues? If it's down to timing, its heavily favoring the player with a superior connection. Connection should absolutely not be the defining attribute that influences results.

    Same could be said for slow gameplay. Favors the tragic player who can still react just fine, his reactions are slow anyways. But the good player can't attack properly, because he tries to get through a wall of 10 defenders who just sit there and the game isn't fast enough to split them open.

    Even the fastest version of Fifa isn't fast enough for you to be at a huge disadvantage in terms of con. People are just better than you. I had enough people message me complaining about con hindering them that I know most of it is just a lame excuse. These people make so many mistakes they could have the greatest con in the world and would still be Gold 2, because they aren't great at the game.

    You can have your slow gameplay in meaningless modes, but keep it away from competitive modes in which there should be an actual skill gap while the games are fun to watch at the same time to attract a wider audience.
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thats mike label, saying the same thing, faster gameplay bigger skill gap.
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Slow game play with 6 min halves. Lol you guys are on something.

    @Moiizer
    So tell me how PES can do it and still have realistic scorelines? How is that possible?

    It’s the most awful excuse I’ve ever seen. Seriously, it’s a matter of seconds in difference between “normal” and “slow” gameplay. It would only make the game of football feel more authentic in FIFA, but the scorelines would never change. The scorelines would change if the keepers were adjusted, or the shot accuracy were adjusted.

    I guess you don’t really care about football then?

    You are wrong. Simple. You like pes go play pes.
  • iitalic
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    the fact that you have to argue faster, high scoring games increases skill gap is why this game has been getting more and more unplayable every year.
  • Orison
    47736 posts FIFA Cover Star
    iitalic wrote: »
    the fact that you have to argue faster, high scoring games increases skill gap is why this game has been getting more and more unplayable every year.

    Joke's on you considering 18 was slower than 17 and 19 was even slower than 18.

    15 and 16 were the last "fast" fifa titles.
  • I bet you the guys who want ultra fast gameplay all play with narrow formations like 4-1-2-1-2 and do quick sweaty one twos. I know how these guys operate.
  • Tennster10
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only thing I think they got right in 19 is pace.. well until tots with all 99 pace
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game should be fast. If you dont like that go play h2h
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My eyes are burning after reading some opinions about how faster gameplay suppose to increase the skill gap... This community is stubborn as hell... Oh, the humanity...

    Let's have hope. Slow train coming 🚂
  • Moiizer
    6042 posts Big Money Move
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Slow game play with 6 min halves. Lol you guys are on something.

    H2H seasons gameplay and gamespeed is fine. I know you like fast gameplay as I played you at the start of either FUT 18 OR 19 and I have to say you was very very sweaty, you had a Huddersfield kit or badge and I think you had Ben Yedder.

    hahaha the state of this comment.
  • Moiizer
    6042 posts Big Money Move
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Slow game play with 6 min halves. Lol you guys are on something.

    @Moiizer
    So tell me how PES can do it and still have realistic scorelines? How is that possible?

    It’s the most awful excuse I’ve ever seen. Seriously, it’s a matter of seconds in difference between “normal” and “slow” gameplay. It would only make the game of football feel more authentic in FIFA, but the scorelines would never change. The scorelines would change if the keepers were adjusted, or the shot accuracy were adjusted.

    I guess you don’t really care about football then?

    I care about football as football and fifa as fifa. If for one second you expect fifa to perfectly replicate real life football then i dont know what to say.

    Theres a reason fifa has different game modes that cater to different people. FUT has always been about faster gameplay. If you love PES so much crack on. Slower gameplay basically ruins fluid gameplay imo and only gives the sweaty possession timewasters more of an opportunity to ruin the enjoyment of the game.

  • Moiizer
    6042 posts Big Money Move
    I bet you the guys who want ultra fast gameplay all play with narrow formations like 4-1-2-1-2 and do quick sweaty one twos. I know how these guys operate.

    I bet you guys who want slow gameplay play 5221 and pass it round the back
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think we need to stop fighting and try to comment on a balance. I mean, direct football lovers seems to hate possession football, and slow build up football lovers seems to hate direct and fast players. I know EA will not make any decision based on this thread. But, instead of fighting, we can discuss some elements of both styles and try to imagine a more balanced approach for the game. We all have the addiction for Fifa in common. Let's work on that.
Sign In or Register to comment.