I hope the final build is slow!

Comments

• the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 16
    I think that a high percentage of the Pros didn't even watch real football. They're too busy grinding for meta players and practicing abuse mechanics. I know it's a videogame and that you don't have to be a professional footballer to be good in it... But at least the game should reward people who are actually football fans.

Let's have hope. Slow train coming 🚂
  • Altair14
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 16
    I really really hope the final build of FIFA 20 is slow in therms of gameplay flow.
    Slow so we all can enjoy the beautiful animations.

I seriously don’t understand why some people would rather skip the trapping animation, when they receive the ball. Just to get the game quicker going!? I mean where is the love for football among fifa players?

I’ll bet that the slower gameplay speed will let the truely best fifa players shine in FIFA 20.
    No more frantic ping pong passing and unrealistic first time shots, please EA.

Agree with you! I want Fifa 20 more slow than 19.
  • hooligan87
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm expecting EA to patch it when 90% of the Pro's start crying cause they can't defend and get smacked by footballers. Loot at RunTheFutMarket Nick he started whining when EA said they were going to remove skill chaining. Look at Krasi absuing the **** out of broken mechanics. How do these guys call them selves pro's (excluding Nick, no way near a pro. His just an average player, he should thank his team)

It's a shame that EA listens to these people..
  • nakamuramartin
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm expecting EA to patch it when 90% of the Pro's start crying cause they can't defend and get smacked by footballers. Loot at RunTheFutMarket Nick he started whining when EA said they were going to remove skill chaining. Look at Krasi absuing the **** out of broken mechanics. How do these guys call them selves pro's (excluding Nick, no way near a pro. His just an average player, he should thank his team)

I've heard this has already happened.
  • MOES98
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The fast gameplay is what results in realistic scorelines. If the gameplay is as slow as an actual match, then you’ll never score. And EA can’t increase the length of each match IRL because then they would be encouraging people to play for 90 mins without a break. Nobody has time for that, especially if you’re playing competitive FUT and want to work towards a weekly reward.

Realistic scorelines??? In fifa?? Im sorry but have you ever watched a real soccer match, ever in your life? Every FUT match is ending with scores like 4-6, if not more. My guess would be that 8-9 goals in average in a FUT match, were in real life, the amount of goals is maybe 3 goals in average.

So you clearly dont have any idea, what youre talking about. But you made me laugh at least.

• mdizzl3
    12349 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifa 20 will not be slow enough.
  • S!ow game doesnt mean the players have to be dumb... I dont mind that there has been and adjustment to speed...but the game play slow down because players dont move into space to receive or make runs behind defence or to draw players away like in fifa 19, you continually play the ball ball back or sideways, repeat and inch forward. Its like old age pensioners playing or kick around park after a big sunday lunch. So if player intelligence is worked on....the gameplay will speed up...not 20 Usain Bolts speeding round field for 80 mins before stamina drain kicks in, just more intelligent gameplay needed.
  • glynnerm
    47 posts Park Captain
    Id wish they removed assisted and semi assisted passing, everyone should have to manually pass/shot, this would be a true indication of the best players, total control as opposed to CPU assisted passing/shooting
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1123 posts Professional
    I really really hope the final build of FIFA 20 is slow in therms of gameplay flow.

I seriously don’t understand why some people would rather skip the trapping animation, when they receive the ball. Just to get the game quicker going!? I mean where is the love for football among fifa players?

I’ll bet that the slower gameplay speed will let the truely best fifa players shine in FIFA 20.

Wrong, a fast paced FIFA increases the skill-gap.

with AI Mirroring & Drop Back this reduces the skill-gap as it is, a fast paced FIFA is what's needed.
  • Futbol22
    777 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 19
    Offline modes shiukfn
    Druski5150 wrote: »
    The first thing I do each year when i get FIFA is to change gameplay speed on "Slow".

Same for me, but with the patches even slow is still too fast. It amazes me how people whine about gameplay being too slow; they’re clearly not interested having a somewhat realistic football experience.

fut should be a different game cause it’s definitely not anything remotely close to football.

Offline gameplay shouldn’t be subjected to patch updates as well. They should be optional.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1123 posts Professional
    edited August 19
    Futbol22 wrote: »

with AI Mirroring & Drop Back this reduces the skill-gap as it is, a fast paced FIFA is what's needed.

@TacticalTugTeam enjoy your imaginary fut game, but don’t tell people they’re wrong because you want fast gameplay for your clownball.

EVEN pro players have said a FAST game creates a bigger skill-gap because then people have less time to think & defend.

You just want the game to be more suited to you or the noobs, FIFA needs a big skill-gap, it hasn't had 1 since the days of 15 & 16.

If you haven't already noticed FIFA19 was a shambolic gameplay mess.

You're the only clown here.

• TacticalTugTeam
    1123 posts Professional
    edited August 19

@TacticalTugTeam enjoy your imaginary fut game, but don’t tell people they’re wrong because you want fast gameplay for your clownball.

EVEN pro players have said a FAST game creates a bigger skill-gap because then people have less time to think & defend.

You just want the game to be more suited to you or the noobs, FIFA needs a big skill-gap, it hasn't had 1 since the days of 15 & 16.

If you haven't already noticed FIFA19 was a shambolic gameplay mess.

You're the only clown here.

Ha. What part of my comment would make you think I care about your or “pro players” opinions.

You and the pros are the reason the game is a mess in the first place. School starts soon btw.

Pro players are better at the game than you & know what they're talking about.

A slower game only decreases the skillgap.

Your response was irrelevant anyway.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1123 posts Professional
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    What kind of pros are you talking about? Who without the help of a computer can not make more than two accurate passes? Don't make me laugh! Slow gameplay and more manual control is the key to realistic football! When you play auto control you don't need a lot of time to make a pass or a shot because you don't aim, you just press the button and the computer chooses the direction instead of you! Therefore, at high speed you start to rush and make a mistake! But when you play on manual control the skill is to calculate and aim! None of your pros play manual control because they don't know how to do it! They only know how to quickly press the button and score the same goals!

17, 18 & 19 have all been bad FIFA's gameplay wise with small skillgaps.

19 being the worst FIFA ever... if you genuinely think a slow paced game makes it more skilled then you clearly aren't worth talking to beyond this point.

• Benja190782
    1318 posts Professional
    Also the fact that I can’t clear the ball in my defence by a simple press and hold X (on XB1 and square on PS4) because the game automaticly decides to pass to my attackers, no matter what position they are in. Instead of just letting me clear that ball with full power in any direction. But nooo, the ball always goes to my players, or my opponents players.

Especially in the last minutes of a match. Like said before normal ground passes are waay too fast and accurate, and takes no skills what so ever.

On top of that is the gameplay speed insane fast, with chem. styles and other stupid boots.

Why can’t we just play beautiful football as the game was meant to be played.

FIFA got the physics, but the physice can’t handle those insane speeds. Slow it down and things becomes natural to look at.
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    On top of that is the gameplay speed insane fast, with chem. styles and other stupid boots.

Sick of those who slap a Hunter Chem on already fast players, like Rashford or Sterling.

Slow train coming 🚂
    Let's have hope ⚽
  • Sm0key_J0e
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    The final build will be very slow....meaning the game will be as half-baked as FIFA 19.
    Don’t worry though, EA has promised to fix gameplay just in time for FIFA 27.
  • Revolve2099
    70 posts Park Captain
    I played the Fifa 20 beta. No I never got a beta code, and don't really give a **** if I got one or didn't. A friend of mine got a beta code, and he quit Fifa 19 back in January on how **** it was. His like me and wants to play actual football.

In summary the game i slow and allows you to think, and play possession. So I've applied my pressing/possession tactics and it's quite effective.

Played 7 games with my friend and won all 7, 7 rage quits.

Now winning isn't the issue, the lag is. With the new mechanics introduced such as double pressing X, Triangle and **** is a disaster in **** laggy game play cause we were smashing the buttons during laggy game play and the team was doing the most stupid passes you can think of.

Noobs who spam passes, without any thought are really going to be punished. People who solely rely on skill moves good luck and start learning football. Even in the **** beta people are rage quitting and not looking at flaws. Strafe dribbling is effective and looks like it's going to get abused alot. Ball roll and then a skill move like heel-to-heel is effective

I can see Fifa 20 being another disaster if EA doesn't fix their **** servers. My friend and I posted the flaws we found such as these new mechanics and how they are causing issues in laggy gameplay.

Volta is **** and don't really care

In summary EA will be releasing the beta version to everyone. Get ready for another year of speedup lag and ****.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1123 posts Professional
    edited August 20
    I played the Fifa 20 beta. No I never got a beta code, and don't really give a **** if I got one or didn't. A friend of mine got a beta code, and he quit Fifa 19 back in January on how **** it was. His like me and wants to play actual football.

In summary the game i slow and allows you to think, and play possession. So I've applied my pressing/possession tactics and it's quite effective.

Played 7 games with my friend and won all 7, 7 rage quits.

Now winning isn't the issue, the lag is. With the new mechanics introduced such as double pressing X, Triangle and **** is a disaster in **** laggy game play cause we were smashing the buttons during laggy game play and the team was doing the most stupid passes you can think of.

Noobs who spam passes, without any thought are really going to be punished. People who solely rely on skill moves good luck and start learning football. Even in the **** beta people are rage quitting and not looking at flaws. Strafe dribbling is effective and looks like it's going to get abused alot. Ball roll and then a skill move like heel-to-heel is effective

I can see Fifa 20 being another disaster if EA doesn't fix their **** servers. My friend and I posted the flaws we found such as these new mechanics and how they are causing issues in laggy gameplay.

Volta is **** and don't really care

In summary EA will be releasing the beta version to everyone. Get ready for another year of speedup lag and ****.

FIFA20 Beta even though it has some issues like Drop Back being abused & AI mirroring when dribbling which should be removed, it's still levels above FIFA19 which is the worst FIFA ever.

With a few tweaks here and there I actually think the full version could actually be the first playable FIFA in years which is a first for me because i've hated FIFA since FIFA17 and have been critical over the past 3 titles ever since AI Defending has become a joke but we will see.
  • hooligan87
    I totally agree. You said all my thoughts that I can't write because I don't know the language. It makes me really angry that these players who know nothing about real football consider yourself a Pro! They still give advice on how to improve the game! These are the first people who do not need to listen to to make a realistic gameplay! The comparison with Call of Duty is very true!
  • hooligan87
    And I think that developers and advisors are the same noobs! That's why they make the game so primitive! They just don't understand the basics! How can you make a game where 90 percent of the goals can be scored with your back to the goal in one touch from outside the penalty area? When the player scores a scripted goal and they admire him and publish in social networks! They come up with new anti-football modes without rules but can not add a filter to find opponents with manual control in FUT! They avoid any issues with manual control! They do not understand this and consider us sick!