FUT Lack of Rares / Icons Help

Okay, so in the past I've just added money to my account and bought packs on FUT without really knowing what I'm doing. The end result is that I end up with a crock of you know what with a bunch of nobodies in my team and get battered by some guy with a team of rare players and it's annoying!

What I want to know is what is the best way to get rare players? Is there a specific time you should buy packs to increase chances of getting rare players? How do you get Icons?

I see teams after like a couple weeks with players in that are full of Icons and rare players, are these just Rich people who continuously buy packs until they get enough coins to get who they want or what? Can;t be from 'earning' them through playing there just wouldn't be enough time.

Help would be appreciated please.

Thanks

Comments

• JohnDoe
    11276 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 12
    Sell the players you get in packs, get better players of the market. You can also trade to make more coins. Plenty of guides on trading out there.

You can also grind the league SBCs and get rewards from playing Division Rivals and FUT Champions, which we'll net you plenty of packs. Spending money on this game is a mistake, as pack odds are pure daylight robbery and it only contributes to EA's laziness but, at the end of the day, it's your money, so you're free to spend it on whatever you like within the limits of legality.
  • Mmandras
    2036 posts Fans' Favourite
    You have to endure for couple of seasons to get the hang of it. The market I mean. Rest is easy. Most of those cards have been earned just from playing for the whole season. Rival, SB and WL rewards have been pretty great this season and I'm predicting next season will br even more rewarding for the time spent. Don't waste real money, it's pointless unless you are really care free about it.
  • Peewee916
    927 posts Professional
    Mmandras wrote: »
    You have to endure for couple of seasons to get the hang of it. The market I mean. Rest is easy. Most of those cards have been earned just from playing for the whole season. Rival, SB and WL rewards have been pretty great this season and I'm predicting next season will br even more rewarding for the time spent. Don't waste real money, it's pointless unless you are really care free about it.
    Spent about 400$ this whole year and
    I’ve only reached 7million max
  • aberry1000
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    In Fifa 20 there is better objectives

Score 100 headers for 25k coins