what solid formation to get the best of my players?

BC_United
1001 posts Professional
had this for the WL which was quite solid but once I hit S2 I lost more than 5 games in a row... was hoping to get G3 but ended up getting S1...

how would you position the team to get the best out of everyone? (e.g. i find Auba at RCAM a bit wasted)

or sell and get other players? apart from the SBC ones... Koulibaly, Savanier, and those in the reserves are untradables

DFDiBR2.png

Comments

• JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something
    TOTS Son CAM and TOTS Auba ST, for starters. TOTS Dumfries is someone you can also look into.

Richarlison could be moved to LCAM, too. Also, and maybe it's just me, but players like Fernandinho and Wini are kinda meh. I'd use Pogs in one of the CDM spots and get soemone like Vieira for the other spot.
  • Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would change formation.with a team like that you should be getting a higher rank.
    4231 only works for certain players I usually finish gold 2 and 4231 don't work for me.and it don't work for alot of others aswell some people use it and I thrash them others use it and they thrash me don't work for everyone.

Try 41212 narrow.with auba and richarlinson at striker position.
    Son in cam get a attacking cam for a cm role with good shot and pace and pass pogba in the other cm role. Fernadinhio in cdm.

Strikers get in behind cam get in behind stay forward.free roam.
    Both cms get forward and get into the box.

CDM stay back
  • FCBlunt
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    433(5)

Works everytime.
  • Lkane
    929 posts Professional
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

Such an underrated formation.
  • makkan00
    523 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nothing new however this is what I personally found to be effective:

If you have an average team then 41212 (2) works treat.

If you have a mega team then most of the formations are gone useless. Effective ones are 442 or 433(5).
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    TOTS Son CAM and TOTS Auba ST, for starters. TOTS Dumfries is someone you can also look into.

Richarlison could be moved to LCAM, too. Also, and maybe it's just me, but players like Fernandinho and Wini are kinda meh. I'd use Pogs in one of the CDM spots and get soemone like Vieira for the other spot.

ya i find Auba much better at ST that wide CAM....

Haven't tried Richarlison as wide CAM coz find him really good at ST (he outscored Auba when i partnered them in 2 ST formations) ... would he be more suited as wide CAM than Auba coz of higher agility?

Wouldn't Pogba's WR make him too risky as CDM coz he'll go forward too often?
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    I would change formation.with a team like that you should be getting a higher rank.
    4231 only works for certain players I usually finish gold 2 and 4231 don't work for me.and it don't work for alot of others aswell some people use it and I thrash them others use it and they thrash me don't work for everyone.

Try 41212 narrow.with auba and richarlinson at striker position.
    Son in cam get a attacking cam for a cm role with good shot and pace and pass pogba in the other cm role. Fernadinhio in cdm.

Strikers get in behind cam get in behind stay forward.free roam.
    Both cms get forward and get into the box.

CDM stay back

i actually have 41212 narrow as my attacking tactics and it's been very effective.... but my only concern to start with this formation is the lack of width

I usually have Wijnaldum as RCM when playing this.... Pogba as CAM and Son LCM...
    or would it be better if i use Pogba as RCM, Bernardo Silva as LCM, and Son as CAM? Would Silva be too attacking as LCM?
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    433(5)

Works everytime.
    Lkane wrote: »
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

Will give 433(5) a try as i haven't used 433 variations since FUT 14

Who in my team would be the best CF though? Auba? Son? or Richarlison?
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    makkan00 wrote: »
    Nothing new however this is what I personally found to be effective:

If you have an average team then 41212 (2) works treat.

If you have a mega team then most of the formations are gone useless. Effective ones are 442 or 433(5).

yes I sold up before batch 3 came out and ran a 41212(2) with an average squad and it worked very well

i find that the only way 442 works is to play defensive though
  • Lkane
    929 posts Professional
    BC_United wrote: »
    433(5)

Works everytime.
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

Found Son not that effective in the 433(5). Need some sort of target man with a bit of pace. The other two would be fine though.
  • FCBlunt
    edited August 12
    433(5)

Works everytime.
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

Mane - Firmino - Sterling

Wiljiandum - Bernado Silva(Pogba)
    Fernandinho

Keep backline as it is.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    433(5)

Works everytime.
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

Found Son not that effective in the 433(5). Need some sort of target man with a bit of pace. The other two would be fine though.
    433(5)

Works everytime.
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

Fernandinho

Keep backline as it is.

Tried with Firmino as CF just now.... wow it's so OP!
    i even had Bernardo Silva - Fernandinho - Pogba as midfield and surprisingly still solid (as compared to 4321 midfield)...
    Not sure if it's OP just coz i'm playing Rivals... can't wait to try this out in WL
  • Wooly1203
    2428 posts Fans' Favourite
    41212(2)

Move Auba to striker
    Pogba /Wij as CMs
    Fernandinho CDM

Get Dumfries and replace RB
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13082 posts Has That Special Something
    4231(2)
    Aubameyang

Mane - Son - Sterling

Wijnaldum - Pogba

Alonso - Luiz - Dijk - Doherty

Alisson

or 433(4)
    Mane - Aubameyang - Sterling

Son

Wijnaldum - Pogba

Alisson
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    41212(2)

Move Auba to striker
    Pogba /Wij as CMs
    Fernandinho CDM

Is Dumfries worth $100k+? I find Doherty really good for $20k. I had TTA before but felt less effective.

Sadly I don’t have that much coins so will have to wait till rewards drop.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    4231(2)
    Aubameyang

Mane - Son - Sterling

Wijnaldum - Pogba

Alisson

or 433(4)

Son

Wijnaldum - Pogba

Alisson

Wij over Fernandinho at cdm? Wouldn’t it be too attacking since Pogba is H/M?
  • greif44
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    Try 352, you have good CBs and it'll be fun with the wingers that you have
  • makkan00
    523 posts An Exciting Prospect
    41212(2)

Move Auba to striker
    Pogba /Wij as CMs
    Fernandinho CDM

Is Dumfries worth $100k+? I find Doherty really good for $20k. I had TTA before but felt less effective.

Very minor difference. I preferred TTA over Doherty.
    Dumfries vs TTA: Dumfries is more solid at the backline whereas TTA is average as a defender but awesome attacking RB.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13082 posts Has That Special Something
    4231(2)
    Aubameyang

Mane - Son - Sterling

Wijnaldum - Pogba

Alisson

or 433(4)

Son

Wijnaldum - Pogba

Alisson

Had Fernandinho as a red, didn't like him one bit tbh. So tossed him into an SBC.

Pogba is high/low but with workrates you can make it work. Personally I'm very attacking-minded so I have one of my CDMs/CMs (in your case Wijnaldum) on stay back while I keep the other (Pogba) on balanced
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    edited August 13
    greif44 wrote: »

I've actually tried 352 after reading your guide few weeks ago! It's my ultra attacking tactics so i usually switch to that when i'm 2 goals or more behind....and once i'm in that formation i normally outscore my opponent

Still haven't had the guts to start with that formation for the entire WL although i did start with that for the last 10 games of the WL 2 weeks ago when I was even struggling to reach S1 and thankfully i made it to S1 with 1 game left

Would you put my slowest CB aka Luiz in the middle? I do find VVD more of an impact tho so prefer to have him there instead. What do you think? Would putting a pace chem boost on FB Luiz work?

Who would you have as CAM from my team? Son or Pogba? I find Son a bit weak in central positions but Pogba's shooting accuracy isn't quite there although he dominates more

Also would starting with Mane and Sterling as wingers be a bit vulnerable at the back as compared to using fullbacks? How do you defend against pacey wingers in this formation?
    Post edited by BC_United on
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    makkan00 wrote: »
    41212(2)

Move Auba to striker
    Pogba /Wij as CMs
    Fernandinho CDM

Very minor difference. I preferred TTA over Doherty.
    Dumfries vs TTA: Dumfries is more solid at the backline whereas TTA is average as a defender but awesome attacking RB.

Ya TTA was totally not worth 700k back then
    hmm in that case i might just stick with Doherty as Dumfries would mean I'd have to have Wij at RCM and VVD at RCB
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    4231(2)
    Aubameyang

Mane - Son - Sterling

Wijnaldum - Pogba

Alisson

or 433(4)

Son

Wijnaldum - Pogba

Alisson

Had Fernandinho as a red, didn't like him one bit tbh. So tossed him into an SBC.

Pogba is high/low but with workrates you can make it work. Personally I'm very attacking-minded so I have one of my CDMs/CMs (in your case Wijnaldum) on stay back while I keep the other (Pogba) on balanced

You're right Pogba is actually H/L not H/M... meaning Wij have to stay back... but does he tend to stay back with instructions since he's H/H? I always have problems with 2CDM formations when both go forward too often
  • greif44

I've actually tried 352 after reading your guide few weeks ago! It's my ultra attacking tactics so i usually switch to that when i'm 2 goals or more behind....and once i'm in that formation i normally outscore my opponent

Still haven't had the guts to start with that formation for the entire WL although i did start with that for the last 10 games of the WL 2 weeks ago when I was even struggling to reach S1 and thankfully i made it to S1 with 1 game left

Would you put my slowest CB aka Luiz in the middle? I do find VVD more of an impact tho so prefer to have him there instead. What do you think? Would putting a pace chem boost on FB Luiz work?

Who would you have as CAM from my team? Son or Pogba? I find Son a bit weak in central positions but Pogba's shooting accuracy isn't quite there although he dominates more

Also would starting with Mane and Sterling as wingers be a bit vulnerable at the back as compared to using fullbacks? How do you defend against pacey wingers in this formation?

I also have VVD and he's in the middle
    Pace on CBs is not that much of an issue, put shadow or engine on them if you're concerned tho

I'd use Son at CAM, 5 wf comes very handy there

You should be fine with defending as long as your wingers are instructed to come back. Another option is to start 4 atb, switch to 3 atb in game and use Firmino and Bernardo Silva as wingers (I also use Alonso at CB after formation switch).

If defending gets too challenging, I switch to 41212-2, but overall 352 is solid for me
  • FCBlunt
    433(5)

Works everytime.
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

433(5)

Works everytime.
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

Fernandinho

Keep backline as it is.

i even had Bernardo Silva - Fernandinho - Pogba as midfield and surprisingly still solid (as compared to 4321 midfield)...
    Not sure if it's OP just coz i'm playing Rivals... can't wait to try this out in WL

It’s always good to have a 4321 preset as your all out attacking with 9 in depth or something like that. If you’re good at manual defending, it’s not as dangerous as it sounds. :smiley:

It’s just really nice to drag the wingers in, and the fullbacks up to help open the late game. If the oppositions midfield sits tight around their backline, ofc.
  • DanValletta
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm personally just wondering who TTA is that these guys are discussing?
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    I'm personally just wondering who TTA is that these guys are discussing?

sorry i meant TAA = Trent
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional

Pace on CBs is not that much of an issue, put shadow or engine on them if you're concerned tho

You should be fine with defending as long as your wingers are instructed to come back. Another option is to start 4 atb, switch to 3 atb in game and use Firmino and Bernardo Silva as wingers (I also use Alonso at CB after formation switch).

If defending gets too challenging, I switch to 41212-2, but overall 352 is solid for me

The problem with starting with 352 is that I would have to bring on subs if i eventually switch tactics in game.... with 3 CBs and no fullbacks it'd be hard to switch to any 4atb formations in game without changing my team... i could make all other formations either 3atb or 5atb but that would limit my options (i honestly won't use 5atb other than maybe 541 for ultra defensive and any other 3atb formations other than maybe 3412 for ultra attacking)

How do you set your dynamic tactics if you start with 352? Unless i stick with 352 all game which could limit my options if things aren't working early in the match as i don't want to waste subs just to do so
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    433(5)

Works everytime.
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

433(5)

Works everytime.
    433(5)

Works everytime.

This guy gets it ☝️

Fernandinho

Keep backline as it is.

It’s always good to have a 4321 preset as your all out attacking with 9 in depth or something like that. If you’re good at manual defending, it’s not as dangerous as it sounds. :smiley:

It’s just really nice to drag the wingers in, and the fullbacks up to help open the late game. If the oppositions midfield sits tight around their backline, ofc.

yes i actually find 4321 not bad with Sterling at RF and Mane at LF.... i only had TOTS Laca at ST back then and the other 2 made him score so many goals whereas in a 2 ST formation my 86 Batshuayi outscored TOTS Laca.

• greif44

The problem with starting with 352 is that I would have to bring on subs if i eventually switch tactics in game.... with 3 CBs and no fullbacks it'd be hard to switch to any 4atb formations in game without changing my team... i could make all other formations either 3atb or 5atb but that would limit my options (i honestly won't use 5atb other than maybe 541 for ultra defensive and any other 3atb formations other than maybe 3412 for ultra attacking)

How do you set your dynamic tactics if you start with 352? Unless i stick with 352 all game which could limit my options if things aren't working early in the match as i don't want to waste subs just to do so

I start 4 atb and play Alonso at CB after formation switch, RB can play either RM or CDM depending on his stats. So I can switch back to 4 atb at any time
    There's a 352 thread, my CTs are in first two posts