How many Icons have you packed?

Byrnzie28
1794 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 11
I've been playing this game for two years - the first year Online Seasons & Squad Battles, and the past year jsut Squad Battles, finishing top 100, or Elite 1 every week for two years - and this is the number of Icons I've packed...

Comments

• Oscar53955
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same. 0
  • Whufc
    1356 posts Play-Off Hero
    1 in any fifa prime ronaldinho out of Thierry Henry sbc
  • erdhfdsjh
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • thedayismyenema
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • VagisilFC
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 12
    1 baby Maldini from a mini Prime players pack. It was an League SBC of some sort.

I have packed around 8900 different players and only 1 has been a ICON.
    Post edited by VagisilFC on
  • Angy
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    0 here too

• _Chan_
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 12
    Only the free 4 icons pack that EA gave to everyone in january.
    Okay, that doesn't count.

Then 0 for me.

Is it even possible to pack an icon in FIFA 18 nowadays?
  • VagisilFC
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    _Chan_ wrote: »

Then 0 for me.

Very rare, only when someone uses one in a SBC will the it need to be replaced through a pack.
  • Imtnt
    4885 posts Big Money Move
    2, but since fut 19 I got nothing
  • Trobos_Locos
    1297 posts Professional
    0 in FIFA 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18
  • forearms
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    Still playing 18 like you fellas. Packed 0
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    We all packed 4

:trollface:
  • forearms
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    VagisilFC wrote: »

Then 0 for me.

Very rare, only when someone uses one in a SBC will the it need to be replaced through a pack.

This cant be right? So no one can pack an Icon unless someone discards/submits one? There shouldnt be a max quota that EA decides there cannot be any more available after its reached. It's not like capacity in a club.
  • Imtnt
    4885 posts Big Money Move
    forearms wrote: »
    VagisilFC wrote: »

Then 0 for me.

This cant be right? So no one can pack an Icon unless someone discards/submits one? There shouldnt be a max quota that EA decides there cannot be any more available after its reached. It's not like capacity in a club.

Can't be right. Though one of the 2 Icons I've got so far came from an Icon SBC's gold pack.
  • VagisilFC
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 20
    It's pack weight lads. For every 4000 75's and 3500 76's and so on...... there are 2 85's and 1 86 released from packs. Or something like that.

We all then discard or submit low rated players in upgrade SBC's. These are then replaced in packs by other low rated cards like 75's and 76's as there are already an over weighted number of higher rated cards still in the economy.

If EA didn't do it like this we would eventually all have all the highest rated cards. The easiest way to see it is if you track the player cards you get after summer or winter transfers are released. Because they are coming in to an economy already containing so many players the pack weight floods the market with them to get the ratio right.

Remember Harit from Schalke when he changed nationality from France to Morocco. Anyone who used him would have used the France version for better chemistry links, so the Morocco version got discarded non stop....... and came back in packs non stop

While the size of the FUT economy is growing this works fine, problem is when all the lemmings leave to play the new version every year they leave their clubs full of high rated players which don't get traded or used for the harder ICON SBC's, but they still count towards the pack weight. If EA based pack weight on accounts active in the last three months it would completely fix this problem.

There are also accounts that have large numbers of the one player on their trade pile for "investing /price fixing" that are no longer used that mean that player becomes extinct as the economy thinks they are available when they are actually stuck. There are a number of 83 rated players like Douglas Costa, Juan Cuadrado and Nicolas Gaitan that were rarely sighted because of this.

I posted on the 19 PC forum and got some people to log into 18 to sell or discard some players, the next few weeks was amazing pack luck.