to those playing the beta, how is the input lag?

tworaf
215 posts Sunday League Hero
even if they give me all icons free Im not buying fifa 20 if I still get input lag with 5/4 bars connection to the servers.

To the people.playing the beta, how is the online lag? did they improve match making or is it identical to fifa 19?

Comments

• Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its guaranteed to have delay. Its been there strongly for the last 3 fifa's at least, and they have done nothing to fix it or even communicate properly about it. Would have to be mad to buy the next one imo.
  • tworaf
    215 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its guaranteed to have delay. Its been there strongly for the last 3 fifa's at least, and they have done nothing to fix it or even communicate properly about it. Would have to be mad to buy the next one imo.

I made my own research in this problem (so sad because lack of communication feom Ea)
    the real causes of delay are 3 things, First:
    The match making is so random and totally ignores ping. its normal for a player with 20ms ping to the game server to get matched with someone woth 200ms ping. which lead us to the second problem, the lag compensation os so damn high, most games nowadays compensate for a maximum 50ms but fifa have no limit, it will delay your match and make your players play through mud so your laggy opponent get smooth experience.

Third problem is the location of servers in europe are dumb as ****, there is servers in ireland, uk, germany and netherlands. if you open the world map you will notice that these 4 locations are literally next to each other. leaving southern europe (from portugal to turkey) wih bad ping.