The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

To those who have tried out the beta: are we getting new position cards?

AFC AJAX NR 1
13160 posts Has That Special Something
LW/RW to ST
CDM to CB
LB/RB to CB
or vice versa?

Comments

• Koning Spijker
    1672 posts Play-Off Hero
    LW/RW to ST
    CDM to CB
    LB/RB to CB
    or vice versa?

No need for that. You can already change positions within custom tactics.
    And it will ruin the Chem system and the value of TOTW cards with position change.
    You already can play a player out of his position with 7 Chem. It is one of a few things left that is a bit realistic.

Players like TOTS Nainggolan, FUTTIES SMS, FUTTIES Kondogbia, FUTTIES Meunier, RTTF Alonso, FutSwap Sanches etc etc would be in every team you face, because of the allrounded stats
  • barryw
    1597 posts Fans' Favourite
    It would be very bad and stupid
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Just bin off the chem system completely.

And before people jump on this thread and say we'd then see the same players being used in every team, we're pretty much there already!
  • Headshrinker363
    5766 posts Big Money Move
    No one asked wether it was a good idea or not. Just if you could do it or not. I played one game of the beta and switched it off so don’t know, it’s 💩
  • JeffAcomplice
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2019
    You should only be able to switch the players to positions that are their primary, second and Third (if they have them) positions. For instance Marco Stieperman should be able to switch from CAM to LB. Godfrey CB to CDM. Messi CF To RW.

Or even limit it a LM can only go to a LB or ST and not to a CB or a CDM but you can convert a LB to a CB or a LM but not to a striker.

There's ways to do it that could work. Perhaps the secondary and third positions might be more appropriate. Kyle walker could be converted to a CB or LB, Cancelo can be a RB or a RM etc.

It could be like a players pick where it's a card you can sell that has no specific position on it, but once you open it, it gives you a pick of one of the positions the player can play and you can pick one and it's used up. Could be a luxury item on the market. Would still allow fut birthday to give out weird position cards.
  • CharlieC
    7366 posts Big Money Move
    Scrap chem altogether. Who cares if someone wants to play DDG at ST? EA should make the attributes so these players perform accordingly at their ideal position and terribly when played way out of position.
  • SomeNextGuy
    3207 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2019
    Each player should have multiple positions where they can play.

For example, most wingers would be able to play on either side.

Rooney would have been able to play ST, CF, CAM, CM.

Of course, doing this for every player would be too much work for a multi billion £ company.
  • CharlieC
    7366 posts Big Money Move

Of course, doing this for every player would be too much work for a multi billion £ company.

Cruyff would’ve hated FIFA. Everyone had to be able to play everywhere.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Scrap chem altogether. Who cares if someone wants to play DDG at ST? EA should make the attributes so these players perform accordingly at their ideal position and terribly when played way out of position.

This makes fifa points less valuable as icons are less desirable. Hence no chance.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite

Cruyff would’ve hated FIFA. Everyone had to be able to play everywhere.

cruyff hated fifa because it made kids stay inside.
  • barryw
    1597 posts Fans' Favourite

And before people jump on this thread and say we'd then see the same players being used in every team, we're pretty much there already!

+1
    This would be nice. You should be able to be like a real "manager" and build your squad with any players you want.
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2019
    You should only be able to switch the players to positions that are their primary, second and Third (if they have them) positions. For instance Marco Stieperman should be able to switch from CAM to LB. Godfrey CB to CDM. Messi CF To RW.

Or even limit it a LM can only go to a LB or ST and not to a CB or a CDM but you can convert a LB to a CB or a LM but not to a striker.

There's ways to do it that could work. Perhaps the secondary and third positions might be more appropriate. Kyle walker could be converted to a CB or LB, Cancelo can be a RB or a RM etc.

It could be like a players pick where it's a card you can sell that has no specific position on it, but once you open it, it gives you a pick of one of the positions the player can play and you can pick one and it's used up. Could be a luxury item on the market. Would still allow fut birthday to give out weird position cards.

This. They already have this info in the database, I really don't get it why they don't make use of it...

I also like the often suggested idea that the Captain could have Icon-like links, would allow for so much more diversity and options..
  • swfcfan89
    1046 posts Professional
    I've always held the opinion that chemistry should be a gradual process earned through in-game play but I understand EA have to keep it as it is now because of SBC's being a big part of the game but I still think you should be able to achieve max chemistry using any selection of players you want.
  • I used to enjoy receiving the beta code, I have played it once lol
  • madwullie
    6429 posts Big Money Move
    Not that I've seen.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10185 posts Has That Special Something

Yep. Agree with this.
  • Fully agree with the suggestion that players keep Chem if playing in one of their pre-determined positions.

It’s linked, but for me Chem Styles are the real craziness here.

A player getting a +15 boost to pace just because he’s got a specific card is more genetic mutation than football sim....

Get rid of Chem Styles and we may see much more variety of players, as managers have to decide between pace and passing, pace and defending, pace and shooting etc (funny that it’s almost always pace that’s boosted...)
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    At this point we might as well have no position cards and just play everyone everywhere you want.

Game lost realism with 99 pace Busquets
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2019
    bberger wrote: »

This. They already have this info in the database, I really don't get it why they don't make use of it...

I also like the often suggested idea that the Captain could have Icon-like links, would allow for so much more diversity and options..

The idea is interesting.

Also, there's so much more that can be done if managers are given more characteristics and if they can give extra chemistry/stat boosts/allow new tactics/boost some formations, for example to allow a sub of a certain league to play with 10 chemistry.
  • bberger
    Yeah.. but they won't lift a finger as long as they are making 💰
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13160 posts Has That Special Something
    Fully agree with the suggestion that players keep Chem if playing in one of their pre-determined positions.

It’s linked, but for me Chem Styles are the real craziness here.

A player getting a +15 boost to pace just because he’s got a specific card is more genetic mutation than football sim....

Get rid of Chem Styles and we may see much more variety of players, as managers have to decide between pace and passing, pace and defending, pace and shooting etc (funny that it’s almost always pace that’s boosted...)

yeah they need to get rid of chem styles and attribute cards, it's just BS
  • Boommaametw3
    2546 posts Fans' Favourite
    I mean they could bring LW to RW or LF to ST etc but their pack weight would incredibly small like icon level so they cost like 100K. It can be done.
    Makes no sense you can't play Fabinho CB but can easily move cr7 to cdm
  • Pablofsi08
    I mean they could bring LW to RW or LF to ST etc but their pack weight would incredibly small like icon level so they cost like 100K. It can be done.
    Makes no sense you can't play Fabinho CB but can easily move cr7 to cdm

But only some players can do it irl and it should be like that on Fifa.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    I don’t think they should scrap chemistry all together because then it would just be boring. One of things I really enjoy with fifa is trying to fit in certain players with others while keeping chem up. I agree with a lot of comments above though about a player having multiple positions. Maybe each player gets 2 positions and position change cards are scrapped. Or maybe like a square on the pitch they can play in so for messi he could play on top right square so st,cf,rw,rm,rf if that makes sense?
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up

Been sayin this for years
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 2019
    Talking about squares on the pitch... why are we no longer allowing detailed position customization in the field EA? I mean I know people could place 11 players at the area but you could prevent people from doing that and just be able to place each player within a certain radius... I mean like wtf why would you remove detailed positioning because of that?
    Post edited by Pablofsi08 on
  • bberger
    edited August 2019
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Talking about squares on the pitch... why are we no longer allowing detailed position customization on the field EA? I mean I know people could place 11 players at the area but you could prevent people from doing that and just be able to place each player within a certain radius... I mean like wtf why would you remove detailed positioning because of that?

Because it's the cheap/easy solution. Everything else would have ment to actually use half a braincell.. a thing EA seems allergic to..
  • Wizbit81
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Get rid of chemistry
    Get rid of contracts
    Get rid of training cards
    Get rid of chemistry styles

Applying these are boring, time consuming and take a lot of the fun away

Dont get me started on fitness cards, when I used to play football week after week my fitness went up, the EA logic is that it goes down???? Baffling?

• Pablofsi08
    Wizbit81 wrote: »
    Get rid of chemistry
    Get rid of contracts
    Get rid of training cards
    Get rid of chemistry styles

Applying these are boring, time consuming and take a lot of the fun away

Dont get me started on fitness cards, when I used to play football week after week my fitness went up, the EA logic is that it goes down???? Baffling?

Yeah because more fun = dumbing down squad building. Come on dude.