Whole idea of Weekend League is just... Wrong.. (time constraints I mean, only Weekend)

Cornushon
4846 posts Big Money Move
edited August 2019
Why would people waste their time on that...
I used to. But now, when I don't I see it is absolute waste.. just not worth it, especially with yearly decreasing packweights... And next year even more, with all this personalised your club bull shizz... How bout u eat my dog EA?)
Post edited by Cornushon on

Comments

• Cornushon
    Why not just give all those rewards for DR style of competition, that lasts whole week???
  • Cornushon
    Some of us work weekend days, and soendcevenings with family. My days off are week days, so I just dont get to play wl.

The idea of a "weekend" anything is outdated in society.

If you have to have this mode, it needs to run weekly not just the weekend.

Exactly this. I work nights on weekends often as well, and during the day I want to spend time with family.
  • Cornushon
    Cornushon wrote: »
    I used to. But now, when I don't I see it is absolute waste.. just not worth it, especially with yearly decreasing packweights... And next year even more, with all this personalised your club bull shizz... How bout u eat my dog EA?)

The first sentence. Coming from a dude making multiple posts about how bad FIFA 19 is at the end of the cycle. On a FIFA forum. On a Saturday night.

Wasting time 🤣

Ahahaha, yep.
    Got a bit juced up with wine. And where else to go when your wife is watching some Netflix ladies stuff, gameplay is trash. And you have no mood to do some work)) forums..
    Also, was banned for a long time, so few posts here and there won't hurt lol
  • Alex_cr
    5800 posts Big Money Move

The first sentence. Coming from a dude making multiple posts about how bad FIFA 19 is at the end of the cycle. On a FIFA forum. On a Saturday night.

Wasting time 🤣

Ahahaha, yep.
    Got a bit juced up with wine. And where else to go when your wife is watching some Netflix ladies stuff, gameplay is trash. And you have no mood to do some work)) forums..
    Also, was banned for a long time, so few posts here and there won't hurt lol

Haha! I’m loving this honesty 😂

Seriously though - I don’t know why but I actually enjoy WL concept. DR is basically the same thing during the week but doesn’t get me the same way.
  • Thunder001
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    WL is the best game mode for me, but if you don't like it don't play it.
  • mindm4ster
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    yeah I agree

for people who have their weekend planned 30 games in 2 (2,5) days is waay too much
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Totally agree. Which is why I’ve given up fifa. Never had time for WL due to family. Played fifa during the week to try and keep up with the rewards. Can’t be bothered anymore
  • Alex_cr
    5800 posts Big Money Move
    Mc wrote: »
    Totally agree. Which is why I’ve given up fifa. Never had time for WL due to family. Played fifa during the week to try and keep up with the rewards. Can’t be bothered anymore

Just sleep less. Sleep is boring anyway
  • JWNYsg
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    But Isn’t what Rivals and SB are for. WL alternatives?

The only difference I feel is scrapping the qualification. Let everyone play WL
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    I think the concept of wl looks good on paper. 30 games, nothing to lose. Suppose to be a good chance to testing your squads and skills, and enjoy the game.
    What's wrong is the time constraints, and the reward scales. Especially you need to get certain results to be qualified for the next week.
  • Cornushon
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    But Isn’t what Rivals and SB are for. WL alternatives?

The only difference I feel is scrapping the qualification. Let everyone play WL

No, because WL offering best rewards in theory
  • RemyS
    854 posts Semi-Pro
    Some of us work weekend days, and soendcevenings with family. My days off are week days, so I just dont get to play wl.

I also can’t play it most of the time (don’t work weekends, but I am 40 with a family and usually busy or traveling weekends).
    But that’s the thing.., you don’t « have to » play this game.
    You can play rivals, squad battles, against your friends, other modes that FUT, etc.
  • Cornushon
    RemyS wrote: »

I also can’t play it most of the time (don’t work weekends, but I am 40 with a family and usually busy or traveling weekends).
    But that’s the thing.., you don’t « have to » play this game.
    You can play rivals, squad battles, against your friends, other modes that FUT, etc.

I know man, have same situation, but bit younger. Just don't think it's fair there is no players pick for example in DR rewards. Just give same rewards structure and all will be happy.
    Also, I have less lag in WL. DR used to be atrocious until recently. Very bad delay. Now better but still,WL is smoother
  • Cornushon
    It is just so unbalanced with FIFA, wherever you look.
  • Sykesy
    4458 posts National Call-Up
    Midweek League
    Weekend league

Make both happen. I’d play both just for double chance at reds 😂
  • nicitel32
    2363 posts Fans' Favourite
    they should add monday ...due to server issues we had to play several times mondays aswell..why not add monday every week...4 days should be enough for 30 matches...i think very important is to turn off over time...i would love that the match should end with a draw and u have 1 point as in real life....it would save plenty of time...from 30 matches u can have 90 points and they should make the reward tiers based on points u gain and not wins..
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Can’t agree anymore. EA made the only way to keep up with other teams is to play 30 games in three days, giving you no weekend life at all.

I also used to spend all my weekends on this for a crappy tiny fraction rewards, but so glad I stopped doing it. What a disrespect EA gives to its customer. So disappointed by the way EA treated its customer this year.
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Royboy wrote: »
    Can’t agree anymore. EA made the only way to keep up with other teams is to play 30 games in three days, giving you no weekend life at all.

I also used to spend all my weekends on this for a crappy tiny fraction rewards, but so glad I stopped doing it. What a disrespect EA gives to its customer. So disappointed by the way EA treated its customer this year.

Of course this is unless you trade, which EA stops you in EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE WAY THAT THOSE 30K FOLKS CAN EVER THINK OF, because they need players to spend money
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2019
    It is just not worth it.
    Maybe if you are stuck at home with leg in a cast or something.

Otherwise it is a waste of life. At the end of the day, if you do not play it then you do not need the rewards.

So many decent cards given out over the course of the year, more than enough to be competitive in the other modes.

A few hours trading at the weekend will give better rewards than most will get from playing weekend league
  • Thunder001
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So how many teams did you see last WL with red picks? 1, 2 maybe. Everyone who doesn't play it claim the rewards are fantastic, but you never see anyone playing with their fantastic rewards.
  • Cornushon
    Thunder001 wrote: »
    So how many teams did you see last WL with red picks? 1, 2 maybe. Everyone who doesn't play it claim the rewards are fantastic, but you never see anyone playing with their fantastic rewards.

True. My red picks, when I had time to get decent WL finish, were always atrocious. Never had anything half decent. Only Vierinha LB tots as super sub. That's it))))

If they had only one tournament throughout the week, like DR then it would be amazing.
    For Pros, there should be separate tournament qualification. To where you can get through let's say 5 consecutive top100 finishes in Weekly tournament. Seems much better to me