The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Why is opening packs so appealing?

13
Pugzilla
16994 posts World Class
edited August 2019
Some of you may know I stream FIFA. I mainly just play games on my RTG and try and win and meme etc. But I’ve noticed so SO MANY menu only streamers just booming. It’s all good as a rising tide lifts all ships so I’m not overly bitter. I’m just wanting to ask you guys the die hard FUT people, what makes it so appealing to watch someone open endless packs and most of the time they’re not even the streamers packs? Either way I’m not overly bitter like I said as my subs etc are up as well but I was just curious.

Comments

  • Scutch
    12526 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s the excitement vs risk of packing something decent. It’s so addictive.
  • Pugzilla
    16994 posts World Class
    Scutch wrote: »
    It’s the excitement vs risk of packing something decent. It’s so addictive.

    Doesn’t it get boring? I suppose that’s up the effectiveness of the streamer.
  • Keano
    14882 posts Has That Special Something
    Scutch wrote: »
    It’s the excitement vs risk of packing something decent. It’s so addictive.

  • Azof
    17255 posts World Class
    Google skinner box
  • Pugzilla
    16994 posts World Class
    edited August 2019
    I bet it feels like some of you like a drug addiction? Like chasing that first hit of smack, like watching your first icon pull or CR7?
  • Scutch
    12526 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2019
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Scutch wrote: »
    It’s the excitement vs risk of packing something decent. It’s so addictive.

    Doesn’t it get boring? I suppose that’s up the effectiveness of the streamer.

    Ah I don’t know about streaming. Sometimes I think the youtubers or streamers magnify their emotions purely for the clicks/likes/traffic.

    I mean, it’s like the kids videos of opening Kinder Eggs or testing magic sand etc. People seem to love **** like that and I don’t know why. Even over them actually doing the same thing themselves.
  • Keano
    14882 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    I bet it feels like some of you like a drug addiction? Like chasing that first hit of smack, like watching your first icon pull it CR7?

    Personally not fussed about it, as I don't expect anything but I imagine it is likean addiction & the risk vs reward aspect of it like that yeah.
  • Pugzilla
    16994 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »
    Google skinner box


    Will do chief, how you been by the way old man? Enjoying summer?
  • Colt_seevers
    1277 posts Professional
    The appeal will pass when u see the animation for 20
  • Pugzilla
    16994 posts World Class
    The appeal will pass when u see the animation for 20

    Saw a non rare gold animation last almost a minute. Had a theory on stream that if you can’t skip those it will keep people from spamming bronze packs if it takes a minute each pack.

  • It appeals to me because im hooked on gambling
  • Orison
    51140 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Nothing really.

    If I open fifa, I play. If I watch a stream, I want to see gameplay.

    But bags and Dan do like 30 leagues per day so for some people the menus are super appealing.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9379 posts League Winner
    Dopamine
  • Azof
    17255 posts World Class
    Orison wrote: »
    Nothing really.

    If I open fifa, I play. If I watch a stream, I want to see gameplay.

    But bags and Dan do like 30 leagues per day so for some people the menus are super appealing.

    Fifa one of those games that from gameplay you can hardly tell the best of the best from timmy down the road
  • Sanchezzzz
    4241 posts National Call-Up
    Gameplay is trash and if that’s the case leagues/packs are automatically much more appealing.
  • Orison
    51140 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Azof wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Nothing really.

    If I open fifa, I play. If I watch a stream, I want to see gameplay.

    But bags and Dan do like 30 leagues per day so for some people the menus are super appealing.

    Fifa one of those games that from gameplay you can hardly tell the best of the best from timmy down the road

    @Azof nah, the difference is huge. If you watch someone struggling for Gold 1 and then watch someone play rivals at 3k it's super obvious imo.
  • Campino
    27861 posts Player of the Year
    Easy

    It started when I was about ten with panini stickers and evolved from there
  • Pugzilla
    16994 posts World Class
    Campino wrote: »
    Easy

    It started when I was about ten with panini stickers and evolved from there

    I’m mainly wondering why watching others opening endless panini’s are interesting.

  • KingLionel10
    15121 posts World Class
    Campino wrote: »
    Easy

    It started when I was about ten with panini stickers and evolved from there

    That's what it is for me while opening packs.

    Couldn't give a **** about watching people open them though.
  • Campino
    27861 posts Player of the Year
    edited August 2019
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Easy

    It started when I was about ten with panini stickers and evolved from there

    I’m mainly wondering why watching others opening endless panini’s are interesting.

    I never did that unless it was a mate, then we did swapsies

    I don’t watch other people open packs, I couldn’t care less what someone else gets who streams. I have no connection with them at all...however I’m interested in what people get on the forum and such as It’s good to see forumers doing well as I connect with most of them daily or weekly

  • Pugzilla
    16994 posts World Class
    edited August 2019
    Campino wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Easy

    It started when I was about ten with panini stickers and evolved from there

    I’m mainly wondering why watching others opening endless panini’s are interesting.

    I never did that unless it was a mate, then we did swapsies

    I don’t watch other people open packs, I couldn’t care less what someone else gets who streams. I have no connection with them at all...however I’m interested in what people get on the forum and such as It’s good to see forumers doing well as I connect with most of them daily or weekly

    I suppose this is what it is in a bit grander scale on Twitch ATM. It seems the community can never get enough packs. People seem to froth at the notion of packs it’s massive. Even in August when the game is all over and even though people don’t even use the players or even own the account. To me I don’t understand much but it’s massive.

  • rukawai
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    Becos it’s like gambling. Except u don’t get money back but shiny virtual cards.

    It’s a virtual panini card game
  • Shaanxz
    20960 posts Club Captain
    I find packs boring af. They could get rid of sbc’s I wouldn’t be bothered at all
  • Azof
    17255 posts World Class
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    I find packs boring af. They could get rid of sbc’s I wouldn’t be bothered at all

    @WFCBagnall just shed a tear at this thought
  • Campino
    27861 posts Player of the Year
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Easy

    It started when I was about ten with panini stickers and evolved from there

    I’m mainly wondering why watching others opening endless panini’s are interesting.

    I never did that unless it was a mate, then we did swapsies

    I don’t watch other people open packs, I couldn’t care less what someone else gets who streams. I have no connection with them at all...however I’m interested in what people get on the forum and such as It’s good to see forumers doing well as I connect with most of them daily or weekly

    I suppose this is what it is in a bit grander scale on Twitch ATM. It seems the community can never get enough packs. People seem to froth at the notion of packs it’s massive. Even in August when the game is all over and even though people don’t even use the players or even own the account. To me I don’t understand much but it’s massive.

    No idea mate, it absolutely doesn’t appeal to
    Me in the slightest sitting and watching else open packs especially if I don’t know them or have no connection to them

    I genuinely only give a toss about my packs
    Or watching forumers get something good
  • Reus
    23042 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    I find packs boring af. They could get rid of sbc’s I wouldn’t be bothered at all

    Sbcs are mind numbing
  • WFCBagnall
    73600 posts Moderator
    Azof wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    I find packs boring af. They could get rid of sbc’s I wouldn’t be bothered at all

    @WFCBagnall just shed a tear at this thought

    Fk2NHDRr.png
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4405 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone that Iikes watching packs being opened wants to be able to open endless packs like that. They can't obviously, so they watch someone else do it.
  • RadioShaq
    15400 posts Moderator
    I think most are missing the question why watch streamers open them.

    I only watch someone from the forum as I hope they pack something or have seen them in discussions. Even then I wouldn’t watch it all day every day. Start of the year and tots is a good time. I would rather see gameplay so I can try to get better at the game though.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9379 posts League Winner
    The new animation gives a real dopamine rush.
Sign In or Register to comment.