Player switching in Fifa 20 - still as bad?

SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
Not having the beta, I'd love to know if it's got any better than the shambles we've put up with in Fifa 19.

Simply put, when you player switch, do you get switched to the player nearest the ball (as you prob intend) or a random player (as you can see in this short clip from a game of mine this morning)?

Just one example of the delay/bad coding/lag (or whatever it is) that makes actually playing the game near-on impossible, especially when it's one-sided.

Comments

• Headshrinker363
    4974 posts Big Money Move
    No need to switch player. Let the AI defend for you.
  • Not having the beta, I'd love to know if it's got any better than the shambles we've put up with in Fifa 19.

Simply put, when you player switch, do you get switched to the player nearest the ball (as you prob intend) or a random player (as you can see in this short clip from a game of mine this morning)?

Just one example of the delay/bad coding/lag (or whatever it is) that makes actually playing the game near-on impossible, especially when it's one-sided.

It feels better from the games iv played seems more fluid and im getting the player i actually want :)
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    SIDNU5 wrote: »
    Not having the beta, I'd love to know if it's got any better than the shambles we've put up with in Fifa 19.

It feels better from the games iv played seems more fluid and im getting the player i actually want :)

Always was fine at the start of the game when servers weren't crowded..
  • bberger wrote: »

You can actually change the setting to have it ball relevent instead of player relevent
  • Mogga
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nothing worse when you can't pick the right defender when the oppos has a corner
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »

You can actually change the setting to have it ball relevent instead of player relevent

In 19 or in 20?
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 10
    No need to switch player. Let the AI defend for you.

Dude I'm sorry for saying this but, learn to play please. That's why no one defends in this game and I can pass anywhere I want, and there's no anticipation to my passes structure.

Btw, in Fifa 20 your defender will have better reaction times if you are using him manually so you will be forced to actually use your hands to defend. Leaving your player there will just allow people to dribble you with more ease.
  • Pablofsi08

This is not the only issue. Although sometimes the player you get switched to with L1 is off the play you can use the right stick currently to, in anticipation, switch to the player you want.

Another big issue is that, when you use the right stick, to quickly use it again, you can't, because there's this **** 1/2 second delay that does not allow you to switch immediately to the second player and that you have to respect, with the corresponding timing (on huge delay due to the servers netcode model!), before you can switch again. THAT needs to be corrected asap either through an option they'd give us to switch with no delay in between for the people that actually know how to handle the massive delay and won't do the switch off timing, or to implement it by default. Remove that stupid time in between EA.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    I'm not going to AI defend. I'd rather play and lose than run around with one of my strikers.

Here's another example. If you play it and pause it exactly when the switch occurs, there are literally four other players closer to the ball than the player it selected for me. The player selected is 20+ yards away, while I have a player 5 yards away not selected!

For whatever reason, some players seem to 'switch off' and are simply by-standers as the game plays out around them. I really hope this is sorted out in Fifa 20....

For the record, I'm on a wired 100mbps connection.

• Pablofsi08
    I'm not going to AI defend. I'd rather play and lose than run around with one of my strikers.

Here's another example. If you play it and pause it exactly when the switch occurs, there are literally four other players closer to the ball than the player it selected for me. The player selected is 20+ yards away, while I have a player 5 yards away not selected!

For whatever reason, some players seem to 'switch off' and are simply by-standers as the game plays out around them. I really hope this is sorted out in Fifa 20....

But that is where the ball is heading to.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »

I want it to switch to the player nearest the ball!! Not the player the ball will be nearest in a few secs time.
  • Pablofsi08

I want it to switch to the player nearest the ball!! Not the player the ball will be nearest in a few secs time.

But you can correct that manually choosing the player you want with the right stick.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9475 posts League Winner

But you can correct that manually choosing the player you want with the right stick.

Yeah, because that always works as intended :smirk:
  • madwullie
    4377 posts National Call-Up

In 19 or in 20?